SOTD : Saturday 30th June - Friday 6th July 2018

A rough shave at the beginning with a feather blade (4) 1 pass and nope thats finished so rough i had to rest my face for 2 hours then i did my shave again with
Prep: Cold shower
EAD pre shave cheap at a quid
Razor:Gillette Slim Twist
Blade:Voskod(1)
Soap:TOBS Peppermint
Aftershave:Nivea 2 Phase once again on a damp face seems to kick up the menthol a bit
A wonderful cold water shave

Pre: Glyce Original
Brush: PAA Green Ray
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Feather
Soap: Norse Bergamot
Post: Bart's Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm and Lotion

A nice shave today, the Feather working great as always. With this weather I am in need of a menthol aftershave splash as I have run out of Nivea 2 phase.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Pre: Cold water face wash
Brush: SOC Boar
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood
Razor: Blackland Sabre L1
Blade: Gem Blue Star CS
View attachment 36698

A wonderful start to the weekend and to hell with the warm sunny weather, I needed a sandalwood fix and TOBS is probably my favourite.
Talking of favourites, I may have just found a boar brush I like as much as the Omega 11137, although the SOC is a lather hog at the moment.
Have a great weekend everyone.

I initially found mine were lather hogs as well, had to use double the amount of product for the usual amount of lather but it only lasts 5 or 6 shaves, they come on form surprisingly quickly... None of this 3 month break in nonsense you read about.

Saturday 30th June
Zenith 507 TS
OSP Bay Rum
Star 1912
ER Corrux stropping blade
Alum
Electrif's Bay Rum
Dove Instant Hydration Cream
NmtCD3y.jpg

Simply stunning.

Tuesday.
Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: Weber ARC
Blade: Gillette Bleue Extra
Brush: 'Jade' (Rooney Heritage 2XL Jade)
Soap: Eleven 'Amber, Patchouli, & Oak'
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Chatillon Lux 'Gratiot League Square' Post-Shave Salve

well, another outstanding, and totally enjoyable shave... this time, the GBE worked its magic with the Weber, and the super slick lather for today was provided by Eleven... yeah, this is a top quality soap, alright! Post shave duties were taken care of by Chatillon Lux.. yeah quality from start to finish!!

Thursday.
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Brush: 'El Monstruo' (Romera Manchurian 30/50 Fan)
Soap: Wholly Kaw: Fern Concerto
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / L'Occitane Cade After Shave Balm

a no nonsense shave... despite the rather underwhelming lather... the next time a Wholly Kaw soap comes around, I shall use a different brush, as I know I can do a lot better than that.... just one o' those days!

Saturday.
Razor: ‘The Rock' (Rockwell 6S – #3)
Brush: 'The Duke' (Duke 3 Best)
Soap: Local Gent: Fields & Streams
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Chatillon Lux Santal Auster Post-Shave Salve
Fragrance: Boadicea the Victorious 'Nemer'

Boom... now we're talking... BIG lather, lashings of BIG, slick lather, and another smooth shave... I'm not gonna push this blade any longer, as it has proved itself to be worthy of a bulk buy, when I can get my hands on some more... post shave is the usual Santal Auster Post-Shave Salve, simply because I love it so much, and Nemer is my fragrance of the day, because I'm worth it.. ;-)

SOTD 30.06.2018
"A modern classic"

Pre: Shower, Bulldog face wash
Soap: Wickhams 1912 Russian Leather sample
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Giotto synthetic
Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Permasharp (1)
AS: Old Spice
Scent: Creed GIT
Was looking through my modest shaving supplies and seeing what would match up well..... so today went for a 'classic', as I imagine shaves from years ago would have smelled like, but with modern alternatives. Russian leather from Wickhams was as slick and protective as usual and has a lovely post shave feel. Paired the Krona with a Permasharp, first time I've ever used those blades, and it worked in harmony with the razor. Lovely smooth cutting, very efficient and no soreness after. Finished off the shave with the Old Spice AS, complements the Russian leather extremely well. A few sprays of Creed Green Irish Tweed and off out shortly to celebrate the Brother-In-Laws birthday.
Have a great afternoon / evening gents

I initially found mine were lather hogs as well, had to use double the amount of product for the usual amount of lather but it only lasts 5 or 6 shaves, they come on form surprisingly quickly... None of this 3 month break in nonsense you read about.
Although this was my first shave with it, it's had the fridge treatment and a couple of lathers.
I do tend to prefer Omegas as Semogues tend to splay a bit too much but I really like this one, just hope it doesn't splay even more in the future.

Although this was my first shave with it, it's had the fridge treatment and a couple of lathers.
I do tend to prefer Omegas as Semogues tend to splay a bit too much but I really like this one, just hope it doesn't splay even more in the future.

Ahh, I decided to skip any fast tracking and do it the old fashioned way.

They all have individual characteristics it seems... My first (with ash handle) has a loft of 55mm and the bristles are white, I find it has a ton of backbone and a scrubby face feel whereas my second SOC (this time with a cherry handle) has a loft of 52mm and off-white bristles, despite the lower loft its much softer and floppier than the ash, if I closed my eyes I could be using a Kent silvertip!

Back
Top Bottom