SOTD : Saturday 30th June - Friday 6th July 2018

42310984745_6706b055de_z.jpg

Myrsol Don Miguel 1919 ~ Semogue Owners Club ~ BIC 1 ~ Myrsol Emulsion

Some may chuckle at using the old BIC disposables but I find them unbeatable when I want a fast, Massive thanks to @Acer89 for the Don Miguel, you are a gent :) It's a really strong jasmine scent with a hint of citrus up front... Very enjoyable, whipped up a fantastic lather too which is more than can be said for their Formula K croap I have... Same ingredients so goodness knows what's going on there.

A excellent shave set up...Psst, i occasionally use my Gillette guard,for a quick hassle free shave. Nothing wrong with using a disposable once in a while.:)

Pre: Cold water face wash
Brush: Semogue SOC Cherry Boar
Cream: Simpsons Peppermint and Rosemary
Razor: Ever-Ready Streamline/Jewel
Blade: Gem Blue Star CS

IMG_20180705_161302.jpg
As usual the Streamline has left my skin, face strokingly smooth.
Happy Shaving one and all.

Last edited:
Great One Pass Shave today in Turkey. The guy spent a fair bit of time creating a lather and as he shaved with the straight he removed the lather with the back of the blade before cutting the hair. An interesting technique. The black road tar on the cheeks and in the nose and ears was very interesting and hurt a bit when ripped off.
9608596482bfefdebe56a50eb000704f.jpg
68fbe56ce5cd653b81e6bdef69ca080e.jpg
1dcc568c2236e1c5ba36dc6c37e4a880.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
When I first saw the pictures I thought you had gone and got some unusual face tats! :) I bet that did smart a little when he ripped them off!!

Great One Pass Shave today in Turkey. The guy spent a fair bit of time creating a lather and as he shaved with the straight he removed the lather with the back of the blade before cutting the hair. An interesting technique. The black road tar on the cheeks and in the nose and ears was very interesting and hurt a bit when ripped off.
9608596482bfefdebe56a50eb000704f.jpg
68fbe56ce5cd653b81e6bdef69ca080e.jpg
1dcc568c2236e1c5ba36dc6c37e4a880.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Never been for a shave in Turkey all the times I have been. I might try one this time to see what the fuss is about.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

7_C42966_D-_C0_F1-4_A22-8889-4189_B100_C8_FA.jpg

Rocca & Rubie
OSP Neroli
YaQi

Another very similar shave, whereby I'm really grasping this Neroli cream. It's gorgeously thick and cushioning when you want it to be and, by ensuring you've a damp razor, provides slickness in droves. The smell is gorgeously powerful and delightfully shrill. Cracking.

Tuesday and Wednesday 3rd and 4th July

Pears Glycerine Soap
Arko Shave Stick Soap
Semogue SOC Taj Badger/Boar Brush
Ming Shi 2000S (3, 3, 4) with a Shark Blade
Alum Block and Simple Facial Toner
Aloe Vera Gel
Nivea 2 Phase AS
Worth pour Homme EDT

I took the Taj and the Ming Shi over to NI with me. The razor replaced the Feather Portable as the resident razor at my Mother's house as it is disposable in price and Portables are becoming more difficult to find ....and buy.
3 passes for BBS shaves:)

Thursday 5th July

Pears Glycerine Soap
Proraso Green Tea and Oatmeal Preshave Cream
Stirling Spice Soap
Omega 11137 Boar Brush
Schick I1 with a Schick Twin Blade
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Aloe Vera Gel
Old Spice Original AS

Last night a delayed flight had e arriving home at 2 am. As I had to go to work this morning I needed something which was easy to use and efficient. The twin blade Schick delivered what was required.....as smooth as a bowling ball with 3 passes

Back
Top Bottom