SOTD : Saturday 30th December 2017 - Friday 5th January 2018.

Prep: Cella Gel pre barba
Bowl: Natural Horn
Brush: Vintage Cube Handle with TGN 2-Band Knot
Soap: Nuavia Rossa
Razor: Bohin
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
AS: Swiss Pitralon
SOTD_20180101.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

SOTD 01/01/2018 - Happy New Year everyone!

My third shave with the Ikon Tech.

Ikon Tech
Polsilver SI
Poraso Sensitive Pre-Shave Cream
Phoenix & Beau Citra Royal
Semogue 1305 Boar Brush
Thayer's Original Witch Hazel (no Alcohol)
XSPEC non-scented aftershave balm

Went with the Polsilver instead of my go-to blade (perma sharp) to see how it would cope in the Tech. The Polsilver is my second favourite blade and found it to be sharp and smooth in my previous razor.

I didn't like the Tech and the Polsilver combination. I found that it lacked the necessary sharpness to cut through a three-day beard in the thicker areas in this razor. It also tugged quite a bit. As a result, I went with a 2 x WTG pass on my face and just 1 x WTG pass on my neck (my most sensitive area). The face turned out good, but my neck could have really done with a second pass to clean up missed areas, however I didn't want to risk irritation.

I was quite surprised on how underwhelming the Polsilver performed in the Tech, considering it is meant to be quite an aggressive razor. The Polsilver used to perform better with multiple days of grown in my much milder Merkur 34C.

Looks like I'll be sticking with the Perma Sharp blade in the Tech.

Tuesday 2nd January

Birch Tar soap and Man Cave Olivestone Facial Scrub
Vitos Preshave Cream
Williams Mug Soap
Semogue 830 Boar Brush
RazoRock 'Black' Hawk V2 with a Feather SuperPro Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
BBA PS Balm
Pinaud Lime Sec

I have had some Williams Mug Soap lying around for years and never got round to using it....due to the horror stories of being difficult to lather and a lack of skin care. This morning I found the lather to be quite good..though a little drying. The overall experience was surprisingly and unexpectedly good, with the skincare issues resolved by the BBA PS Balm.

Three passes for a very enjoyable BBS shave:)

Greetings All,

Tuesday shave

Three day growth and warm shave

Preparation – Showered then face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Soap: Fine Platinum
Razor: Rockwell 6C (4P)
Blade: Tweet SS (3rd)
Brush: RazoRock 400 (face lather)

Post Shave: Hot then cold water rinse, Nivea 2 Phase followed by Michael Kors EDT.

Usual three passes with a couple of weepers (laziness on my part) and the Nivea 2 Phase gave a friendly burn.

Enjoying the Tweet blade, will have to buy a packet and add to the end of my blade trials (which begin again next week).

Cheers,

Brian

SOTD: 2nd January 2018.

+11 Tues 2nd January..jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ Yardley of London ~English Lavender Soap Body Wash & Vosene Shampoo .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: APShaveCo ~ Cashmere synthetic.

Face Lather.

Cream: Dove Men+ Care~ Hydrate.

Blade: Voskhod T.C.(1)

Razor: Merkur 39C .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse./The Real Shave Co.~post Shave Soothing Balm.

Floid ~ A/S.

Greetings,

Happy New Year to all the members of TSR.:)

First 2018 SOTD , which has started off brilliantly, the 39c/Voskhod T.C. paired up wonderfully resulting in a 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave, with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Floid A/S.

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Omega 11137 Boar
Soap: PAA Solstice
Razor: Gibbs No.15 (on loan)
Blade: Astra SP
IMG_20180102_100023.jpg

As planned I cranked the Gibbs up to 5 and although it was still pretty smooth, the blade didn't feel as securely clamped as it does on 4.
Maybe if thicker gauge DE blades were available, setting 5 would be my preferred setting but as it is, I find 4 a better overall shave.

Last edited:
Tuesday

Soap - Cella
Brush - Omega 10800 boar
Face lather
Razor - Gillette Aristocrat (1947)
Blade - Gillette Nacet
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
After shave - Speick

Bliss. The weight of the Aristocrat really helps in delivering an excellent smooth shave. I always rejoice in the fact that I got this razor on the bay for a pittance. It was erroneously described as a Fat Boy!!

The Cella exudes tallowy goodness and the Speick gives a lovely understated post shave feel.
8D182088-530B-41B4-BC05-D8BAF1F820C3.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom