SOTD : Saturday 30th December 2017 - Friday 5th January 2018.

Sun 31st December

Omega 10005 boar
Haslinger Honig Soap
Schick E2 ( Canada )
Schick Proline ( 2 )
Tuff Green A/S lotion

Having a second outing on this new to me E2, which proves that the first outing was not a flash in the pan. So smooth yet incredibly efficient, attained an ultra close finish wth no pitfalls.
Definitely outshines most Injectors , and probably would give other modern SE/AC Razors a run for their money

IMG_0485.jpg

SOTD_20171231-1024x683.jpg

• Safety Razor: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements - Alpha Ecliptic Bakelite
  • Blade: Voskhod
  • Shaving Brush: Sorrentino - Barzini (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Soap: Portus Cale - Black Edition
  • After-Shave: Portus Cale - Black Edition - Balm
  • Fragrance: Zoologist - Elephant (Sample)

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: EJ Medium PB
Soap: Lea Classic
Razor: Eclipse RR
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless

IMG_20171231_111546.jpg
After a disappointing debut shave with this blade, I thought I'd try it in a razor I know to be efficient and smooth.
As suspected, it's not the sharpest, similar to a GSB but nowhere near as smooth, suffice to say I'm not a fan.
As usual the Lea soap and splash performed brilliantly.
Wishing you all a great New Year's Eve and a fruitful 2018.

Hogmanay SOTD

Shower lynx Cedarwood & Bergamot body wash
Soap Stirling Piacenze
Brush 404
Bowl bideford pottery
Gillette 1952 black-tip
Blade silver blue new
Alum block cold rinse
Finish lime skin food
Good shave although still not sure of the blade got a few thrown in on razor I bought. Still think I prefer Feather, Personna platinum or good old Astra
ALL THE BEST FOR 2018 WHEN IT COMES

982115F2-D345-4A7C-99EC-92D6770D7175.jpeg

image.jpg New Years Eve, last shave of the year!

Prep ~ Shower, Lush " Snowcake" soap
Razor ~ Ever-Ready Streamline
Blade ~ Gem SS coated
Soap ~ Le Pere Lucien - Rose de Pushkar
Brush ~ Annbas Boar
Post ~ BBA Post Shave Balm
Scent ~ Balenciaga Paris

A shave fit to welcome in the new year, everything worked in perfect harmony to give me a great finnish.
I am now ready for the evening ahead, as smooth as smooth can be and smelling great.

Happy new year one and all :) Paul.

ziYbA2IV_o.jpg

Maseto Memphis 24mm 2 Band Finest
iKon 102
Feather (3)
d'Ardenne, Short & Bell Kyoto
Alum Block, BBA Post Shave Balm & Hugo Boss Boss In Motion

Final shave of the year and goodbye to the festive background, it'll be back again next December...

A good shave today, the Fat Boy tames the Feather but you certainly feel the keenness of the blade in the 102, a small weeper under my chin but otherwise trouble free. I wasn't sure what to use for a smell today so I went with an old favourite in Boss In Motion, it was the first smelly I ever bought myself and evokes memories of my family and the last big family holiday we all took to Alcudia before illness and age started to take effect. Always makes me smile to remember an evening when we were sat at the resort and got talking to another family, their daughter took my eye so I excused myself for a jimmy riddle but in truth I went for quick rinse of the face, tidy my hair and put on a puff of Boss In Motion, gosh those were the days!!! :D :D :D Almost half my life ago now!! :(:(:(

I would like to wish all the people I have met and interacted with on here, and the friends I am yet to meet a very Happy New Year and if you're out tonight, have not only a good one but a safe one.

Razor: Gillette Super Speed 1947 (Birth Year)
Blade: Personna Platinum (3)
Brush: El Druida Barberpole w/Manchurian
Soap: RazoRock Blue Barbershop
A/S: Floid Blue
Bowl: Tom's LE 3 D printer Bowl

I don't know why they stopped making this aftershave. I really like it. Very nice close comfortable shave with these tools.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

:):):)

31 12 17.jpg

Back
Top Bottom