SOTD : Saturday 30th April - Friday 6th May 2022.

03/05/22
Mug Soap and Mitchells May
Pre - Shower
Brush - Mühle Lge Classic Silvertip Synth
Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor - Blackland Tradere
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Pinaud Gents Gin
Wk 18 (4).JPG
Great set up = Great shave - simple.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: None
Razor: Parker Injector adjustable (2)
Blade: Schick Injector (2)
Brush: AP Shaves - Lemon Drop
S Soap: Murphy & McNeil - Naid

I completely forgot that switching from DE to injectors should also involve a switch in the technique. Different angle of approach, different level of pressure and is a different feel altogether.
I read about the Parker injector being too mild and dialled up to 5 would still be a very mild experience.

I made the mistake of starting with setting 5 and a Personna injector blade. Why on earth did I do that for? Jumping straight to maximum setting with a blade I hated in the Supply? As a consequence my first shave with the Parker was horrible. So bad that I even considered ditching it after the first shave and not going through with the planned month of using it.

But I decided to persevere and switched blades to Schick Injectors (yellow packaging) on setting 2. A completely different experience. Today on my second shave with the same blade it was an absolute joy to use. I will see it through the month and see how it goes but so far so good. I also need to try some Schick Prolines B20s at some point when a Connaught order is due.

Wishing a great week ahead to you all.

SOTD.jpeg

3 May

Barrister’s Reserve Fern
Cadman M55
EJ DE89
Treet Platinum
Village Barber balm

9D6465CD-3F4B-48EF-9148-936FCBDFB4B5.jpeg
A good three pass shave this morning. This Treet blade now on it’s sixth shave was a bit tuggy on the first pass, but managed the second and third pass really well. I’m impressed with the Treet Platinum.

E0C129D1-2706-4C45-BCC8-E7F8643629BC.jpeg
SOTD: 03/05/2022

Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Willy’s Blade, 2nd use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: OSP Herb Garden Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Christmas Eve EDT
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

I love this soap and regret not ordering more before they closed! The Twig is staying for no other reason than it’s ability to give a great shave in record time so if I’m a hurry like today it’s ideal!

Tuesday AM 2022-05-03
The world's first regular steam train passenger service started on this date in 1830, Liverpool & Manchester Railway
ISUSuYN.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Faux Horn Finest (24/54)
Soap Commander Love (True Rose) shaving soap
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass/R2 Copper
Personna 74 Tungsten (4)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna aftershave (vintage)
f0qlcqE.jpg

SOTD 42.jpg

Soap – Bodyshop Maca Root
Brush – Razorock Bruce 24mm
Razor – Muhle R41 / EJ 3D handle
Blade – Astra SP
A/S – Blue Stratos
Balm – Lea 3in1

My second shave with the R41 and I realised why the first one was so tuggy. Pre-shave prep ! …......…..... or the lack of it.
Last time I had no pre-shave shower which is so rare for me that I hadn’t even considered it a factor until some time later. Only a light splash of hot water and Proraso pre-shave wasn’t enough to soften the beard properly.
No such issues today. From the first stroke the tugging was gone and the Astra felt very smooth throughout although I probably made a few more pickups than I did with the GSB last time.
No irritation, burn, cuts or weepers and a fantastic BBS in surprising comfort. After only two shaves I’m still on a learning curve with the razor but despite it’s reputation I haven’t felt it threatening or intimidating and with a little more time and fine tuning I think the best is yet to come.
Post shave with Blue Stratos is an instant throwback to my youth and never fails to put a smile on my face. Superb !!

Have a great day and enjoy your shaves.

Razor = Merkur Progress ( 4 )
Blade = Gillette Silver Blue ( 3 )
Brush = 26mm High Mountain Badger by
Bobby Moffat @Sawdust Creation Studios
Soap = Fitjar islands Slåtterøy
with matching balm
Splash = Nivea 2 Phase
F47A17BB-59E3-412D-8D08-7379DF2CA351.jpeg
A bit of a mix feeling about this shave.
The soap again left my skin very dry after each pass. definitely something weird going on.
Still no drama i enjoyed the shave nonetheless.
Stay Safe Folks
Over & Out

Back
Top Bottom