SOTD: Saturday 30 December 2023 - Friday 5 January 2024.

SOTD: 31/12/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 4th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Puck
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a fabulous end of the year experience … and all my best wishes for a happy 2024!

As my final shave for this past year of SOTD's I am very happy to be able to scribble some shite down for you with a shave themed, 'A SPOTTY 2023'

20231231_145649.jpg

A spotty razor - Lambda Athena
A not a spotty blade - London Bridge
A spotty brush - Highlander LFC
A spotty soap - Signature Condate
A spotty eye balm - Tropic
A 2022 spotty moisturiser - Collegen
A spotty scent - Hermes Terre

'No thank you. You are far too spotty'

A final shave for this past year and one made up from my SPOTTY award winners (except the blade) and what an absolutely spiffing shave. A sterling end to the year and most bodacious start to the new one. And I do have to say these London Bridge blades certainly are tip top.

May I wish you all the most wonderful and smooth new year ahead. And for God's sake don't allow those bearded chaps persuade you otherwise. Damn heathens.

I won't end with those Puffyshoes girls as it is not that day for a track from their album 'Finally the weekend', but I shall leave you with the ladies that set me off on this Japanese girly thing. Band Maid

And don't be spotty. I love you all

And in case you didn't get my previous shave from yesterday the shaving items were...

My shave today comes in cryptic format and hence themed, 'Tales from the cryptic crypt'

Razor
View attachment 115086 + View attachment 115087

Blade

View attachment 115088

Brush

View attachment 115089 + View attachment 115090

Soap

View attachment 115091 + View attachment 115092 + View attachment 115093

Moisturiser

View attachment 115094

Scent

View attachment 115095 + ..........

All I will say is 'boy was it good'

'And the answer from Satan is.......twat'

Life after Lady Baby? The band Rie Kaneko went on to form with her sister after she left Lady Baby for an alternative which didn't involve cross dressing wrestlers. Brats. Enjoy...or don't

Ikon B1
Gillette 7-O'Clock
Highlander LFC
The Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime
Simple
M&S Spiced Amber

Since no one came forward with the correct answers then I am afraid the prize of 7p will be rolled over for another year.

See you next year.....

Oh. Tomorrow then

[/b]Sunday 31st December[/b]

ABLVV845-DZy4C83eXkg74LY_BvATuQ2vW_-HWKVmgzGnXYdDSgPDx44q9fjaPUtyaUb1wxHAOsYMojUoDQrZMS5jJne-UoX4GJoPLtfeUiMqyIOpTwGlBEnOEFRDY_0ONVxIEfa3Tj4Vzxkpsq1h2zaxKMlZQ=w800

Bee Clean Peppermint (Honey & Sheep Milk) Shaving Bar & Semogue SOC Butterscotch Pure Bristle
Yaqi Tachi w/Windrose Darwin (Stainless) Handle & Suneko Amorphous Diamond Super Stainless (4)
Ach Brito Agua de Colonia

Last shave of 2023 ... and I have a full house! 365 shaves!

Lovely day, today, what with the sun shining but it was cold and actually quite damp so I was glad to have the wood stove on for most of the day.

Another absolutely superb run with this Suneko blade, which has risen from sorta not right bothered to yeah, really like it. Glad I have a hundred (well, 99) to go. Very swish in the Yaqi half blade format with a crisp rasp to the shave but not overly chattery.

Happy New Year for later on, gents. I truly hope 2024 keeps us in good health and brings us better, both physically and mentally.

SOTD Sun 31 Dec 2023

End of the year shave!
5B3A83D5-6676-4A0B-831E-73DDC11BB9E2.jpeg
Prep - shower, Imperial Leather face wash
Bowl - glass
Cream - GF Trumper Limes
Brush - DS Cosmetic T4 26mm synthetic
Razor - Merkur 38c
Blade - Shark SS (2)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block, Sierran Breeze ASL, Nivea ASB, Milano Nuit EDT

Refreshment - glass of whisky and dry ginger

Great shave to end 2023. All excellent, enjoyable products. Face feels good and smells amazing.

Just my wife and me tonight, Bella is in kennels (fireworks!) and we can’t get her back until Tuesday as they are shut tomorrow, ho hum!
After dropping her off we went to an artisan bakery in darkest Northumberland called The Running Fox and picked up a New Years Eve Supper Box for 2, which consists of many, many, breads, cheeses, meats, pies, cakes, fruit, salads and a bottle of Prosecco. So along with a bottle of Baileys and another of Craganmore, I think we are well sorted for tonight!
This year has certainly had it’s ups and downs let’s hope the next one is a good one. All the best and wishing you all many nice shaves with no grief for 2024!

Last edited:
Nice to have a genuine five star shave as my last shave of 2023.
The NOS Wizamet blade is on its third run and paired with this excellent razor it provides such a close but still drama-free shave. I haven't tried any other blades with this razor yet and look forward to a year of frequent use with a whole range of favourite blades, plus a few leftover less-loved ones to see if it can work some magic on them.

The RazoRock Zi Peppino I have had for a long time. It provides a quick and excellent lather but most of the scent has faded over the years. I tried to use it up for the end of the year but didn't quite manage it. New target is now the end of January.

I really do rate Old Spice Champion. It is in my top ten aftershave scents. Near the end of this bottle and don't have another; dare I break my self-declared shaving purchases abstinence for another bottle?

I think the rule for 2024 will be one purchase per month, maximum, and rolled over to the next month if none made. A soap would be one purchase but 100 blades would also be one if purchased all 100 at the same time.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Neo Lux Schrägschnitt
Blade: Super Iridium Wizamet (NOS)
Brush: Vulfix 404 "The Grosvenor"
Pre-Shave: Aleppo Soap 50% laurel, scented
Lather: RazoRock Zi Peppino
Aftershave: Old Spice Champion

SOTD 01-Jan
20231230_113828.jpg
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: DG Scrooge
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Wizamet

Decent shave today to kick off the year, wanted to give scrooge a blast...out of season I know but it only just arrived. Now I seem to have an aversion to orange scents, which makes this purchase a bit daft, but I do enjoy an Old Fashioned (go figure) and this is actually quite pleasant. I couldn't use it every day but once in a while it could be a decent change of pace.

Lovely finish and ready for the day ahead.

Happy New Year to everyone, hope everyone has a great one.

Cheers

Marc

Monday 1st January 2024

Good morning all, trust you and your families had a very enjoyable New Year’s Eve.
Well, apres la deluge, as Del boy might say, it’s back to the morning ablutions.
Nothing to report out of the ordinary this morning, although my senses may be a bit dulled at the moment :rolleyes: , but Blackland + 365 + Spitfire + pewter synthetic made for a comfortable bbs start to 2024. No drama as Andy McNab might write in his excellent Bravo 2 zero book. Read it if you haven’t already.
Have an enjoyable and relaxing day fellas!

IMG_0447.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom