SOTD : Saturday 3 September - Friday 9 September 2022.

Saturday 3rd September

AL9nZEUT6fPo1oZa1yJ4iKWlF3z6seM7ihkw-ITL1dAnI2xoY8EbaYy3rAAnAYnPdsTgavpTb6RlH30rG6VO_YLVccEI51dsX52tsCKRk7hpMfaRYC2fB64le0uXsM3ghkgzm2vYid4rhAEnt74q-OosMPWBOg=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
La Savonniere du Moulin Shaving Soap & Ever Ready 600N w/Tuxedo Synthetic 26mm
AutoStrop 7 O'Clock & GEM by Personna (6)
Pitralon Classic Aftershave

Glorious!

La Savonniere du Moulin is so close to being my favourite shaving soap ... watch your back, Mitchell's!

Running out the week with this GEM blade, now despined and the back corners clipped in the pre-Valet AutoStrop 7 O'Clock. The retaining lugs on the underside of the top plate are half-moon in shape and I can see that they hold the (correct) blade just a smidge off the very back of the razor and so the de-spined GEM is ever so slightly too far back which can lead to an overly mild shave. It is literally half a millimetre, or so, which you can adjust the blade manually and it does stay in place for the shave. Even a slip of dental floss might be enough just to sit in there and take up that space.

I said it: Glorious!

First use of Pitralon Classic and I do like it a lot! Immediate comparisons went off in my mind with Alt Innsbruck, like a green and lightly herbal equivalent from the valleys of those mountains, while Alt Innsbruck is definitely on the slopes and the peaks. Enough metaphors. It also put me in mind a lot of LEA Classic aftershave, but without whatever it is in LEA that kinda puts me off the whole experience when I inevitably get a little in my mouth. Yeah! I like it!

shutterstock_1015831243.jpg

Pitralon country with Alt Innsbruck up in the mountains on the right.
Fab SOTD pic. :)

Paul.

Spicy Sunday: The Clone Wars

RPUBMKV.png

RAZOR: Gillette ‘51 W2 Gold Aristocrat
BLADE: Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
BRUSH: Vtg. Ever-Ready w/new 18mm Silvertip knot
LATHER: OSP Old Gold Shaving Soap (Old Spice clone)
POST: B&M ‌Reserve‌ ‌Spice‌ Aftershave Splash (Old Spice clone)

A7E4E50F-AD13-42FD-916F-98CC7CA86658.jpeg
SOTD: 03/09/2022

Razor: Tatara Titanium Masamune
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: AP Shave Co. Lemon Drop G5A
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Yaqi The Green Puck
Aftershave: Yaqi The Green Aftershave
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Well today was the titanium version of my usual Tatara steel set up, the full Masamune. Maybe it was the familiarity with the geometry, or just getting used to the weight but this felt great and better than yesterdays shave. BBS which lasted until mid afternoon almost, my ideal as a daily shaver for work, leaving me ready to shave again the next day. No sting with the alum, the weight drop arguably makes it a tad easier to achieve the BBS daily shave, I truly love this razors design and the titanium is a delight. If I’m honest the passaround is doing nothing but make me regret selling the Nodachi and using it in combination with the Masamune! The handle for me is still amazingly designed and feels great in the hand. If you can afford one it’s a no brainer. Buy both the Masamune and Nodachi and you have an adjustable system in a similar vein to the Rockwell but way better looking and just or more effective. I think Tatara are missing a trick with their marketing there. Sell a slightly discounted combination pack, market it as an adjustable and I think you’d get more sales. I am loving this razor, and if I’m honest this would be my day to day combination but I did enjoy the Tatara Titanium Nodachi cap, Masamune SB base combo almost as much which is almost the opposite end of the spectrum oddly.
On to the open comb which I’ll be honest isn’t my favourite style of razor. I’ve also had the Nodachi open comb I think from memory but didn’t get on with it. I’ll start again at the max aggression combination and work my way down but OC aren’t usually my thing so I doubt it will be quite the hit the SB’s were.

Sun 4 SR SOTD
Soap RazoRock Mudder Focker
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Wade & Butcher 13/16 Wedge
Aftershave RazoRock Mudder Focker Splash
I really like this soap and matching splash with the unique scent...kinda special. The lather is always great...easily whip-up by the nice badger brush. A nice easy smooth and very comfortable edge from this solid razor. Stropped on buffalo leather...provided an enjoyable shave for a ccs finish.
20220904_104734.jpg

SOTD : 4th September 2022.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Mandarin & Lemongrass Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Vie-Long 21mm Horsehair.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Sandalwood & Shea Butter Shaving Cream.
Blade: Personna PTFE SS. (D3)
Razor: Parker InjRzr. (Settings) 3-wtg. 4-xtg/atg.+pick ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel/Pashana Original ASL./ L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with the Parker InjRzr with no errors to report.

The Proraso shaving cream created a wonderful lather without drying out in between passes the post shave feeling from this shave cream is superb.

Finishing to the shave off with a few small dollop of L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Saturday 3rd September

AL9nZEUT6fPo1oZa1yJ4iKWlF3z6seM7ihkw-ITL1dAnI2xoY8EbaYy3rAAnAYnPdsTgavpTb6RlH30rG6VO_YLVccEI51dsX52tsCKRk7hpMfaRYC2fB64le0uXsM3ghkgzm2vYid4rhAEnt74q-OosMPWBOg=s800

Glorious!

La Savonniere du Moulin is so close to being my favourite shaving soap ... watch your back, Mitchell's!

Running out the week with this GEM blade, now despined and the back corners clipped in the pre-Valet AutoStrop 7 O'Clock. The retaining lugs on the underside of the top plate are half-moon in shape and I can see that they hold the (correct) blade just a smidge off the very back of the razor and so the de-spined GEM is ever so slightly too far back which can lead to an overly mild shave. It is literally half a millimetre, or so, which you can adjust the blade manually and it does stay in place for the shave. Even a slip of dental floss might be enough just to sit in there and take up that space.

First use of Pitralon Classic and I do like it a lot! Immediate comparisons went off in my mind with Alt Innsbruck, like a green and lightly herbal equivalent from the valleys of those mountains, while Alt Innsbruck is definitely on the slopes and the peaks. Enough metaphors. It also put me in mind a lot of LEA Classic aftershave, but without whatever it is in LEA that kinda puts me off the whole experience when I inevitably get a little in my mouth. Yeah! I like it!

Stunning pic!

SOTD: 04/09/2022

Razor: Gillette Tech circa Early 1940's
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue, 3rd use
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar
Bowl: Stirling Travel Bowl
Preshave: Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather Skin Food
Soap: Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather Cream
Aftershave: Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather Aftershave
Balm: Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather Skin Food
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of A Shaving Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Devine

First shave from our holiday (a mainly photographic holiday) in a converted chapel on the banks of Loch Lomond with my travel shave kit.

A fantastic shave as expected. I wouldn't normally use a Trumpers cream as I think they are quite expensive but I like to treat myself on holiday. I forget that they are very concentrated so I made enough lather for the whole forum. Also I adore this scent as it reminds me of the 1980's Cossack Hairspray which gives me flashbacks to when I actually had a fringe and enough hair to spray.

70EDA3B3-0557-4C3A-9451-889F3EFB4100.jpeg

Saturday 3rd September

Glorious!

That layered translucency is on a different level!

04/09/22
60th Birthday shave
Pre - Shower
Brush - Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus 1950
Soap - Signature Soap Coria
Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable H3
Blade - Vintage Perma-sharp Supreme
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Aramis Tuscany EDT
Wk 36 (2).JPGWk 36 (2a).JPG
A break from my SE razors as there can be "only one" razor i could use today on my 60th, my birth-year Slim.
Fitted with a vintage blade and one of my favourite soaps lathered with a brush that is older than me.
A 3 pass shave finished with a really nice post shave routine ending with a splash of one of my favourite aftershaves setting me up for a birthday lunch with my close family and friends.
Happy Birthday also to Shubs @donnie_arko.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
04/09/22
60th Birthday shave
Pre - Shower
Post - Cold water Rinse
A/S - Aramis Tuscany EDT
View attachment 92890View attachment 92891
A break from my SE razors as there can be "only one" razor i could use today on my 60th, my birth-year Slim.
Fitted with a vintage blade and one of my favourite soaps lathered with a brush that is older than me.
A 3 pass shave finished with a really nice post shave routine ending with a splash of one of my favourite aftershaves setting me up for a birthday lunch with my close family and friends.
Happy Birthday also to Shubbs @donnie_arko.
Happy 60th Tony @Tony'schin

Also,

Happy birthday Shubs @donnie_arko

4 September

Signature Soaps Danum
Blackland Signature
Blackland Vector
Schick Proline
Signature Soaps Danum splash

C9F730A3-799A-4AEA-92F3-D258B5E962A1.jpeg
Best shave of the week again. Wonderful lather with a unique scent and a close, comfortable and most important, leisurely shave. I also feel that I could do well to give my few SE razors more face time.

SOTD 04-Sep
20220825_164508.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: GFT Eucris
Razor: Blackland Tradere
Blade: Schick (3)

Decent enough shave (the Schick was done) but it was made up for with a cracking scent, will attempt to pick up the EDT or EDP for this just to round it off.

Right, off out with the family to get some lunch, fingers crossed there's actually something open in Gwynedd!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

04/09/22
60th Birthday shave
Pre - Shower
Post - Cold water Rinse
A/S - Aramis Tuscany EDT
Happy 60th Birthday. Enjoy your day.

and many happy returns @donnie_arko

04/09/22
60th Birthday shave
Pre - Shower
Post - Cold water Rinse
A/S - Aramis Tuscany EDT
Happy birthday @Tony'schin have a great day

Back
Top Bottom