SOTD: Saturday 3 February - Friday 9 February 2024.

Friday 9th February
Yaqi AC - Schick Proline P #8 - DScosmetic T4 Synthetic - Haslinger Honig - Superdrug Forest Fresh AS - Aloe Vera Gel
1000017452-01.jpg

09/02/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - AP400 Slim SynBad 22mm
Soap - Signature Soap Coria
Razor - Mühle R41GS
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Rose
Wk 06 (7).jpg
The Coria is my favourite of the Signature soaps, i just love the scent on this one, the balance of Geranium and Lavender hits all the right notes.
An efficient 2 pass shave today with the R41.
Enjoy your day all.

SOTD: 09/02/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 SE, 1st use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Martin De Candre Original Puck
Aftershave: Myrsol Don Miguel 1919 Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

DFS! Enjoy your day!

IMG_5052.jpeg
SOTD

Razor: Blackland Sabre L2
Blade: Personna Gem PTFE (2)
Brush: Highlander Boti Pink
Soap: Murphy & McNeil The Great Bear
Splash: Murphy & McNeil The Great Bear

A false start with this shave last night due to the awakening of one of the kids! Relaxing shave this morning instead...

It's been a while since I tried a GEM razor - previous attempts were with vintage versions when I was a less experience wetshaver and results were... Uncomfortable. The Sabre is a cracking razor, after borrowing one, I knew I wanted one! It seems more nimble than an AC razor as it's a bit narrower a blade but with the same assured feeling of blade rigidity. Really enjoyed today's shave!

Pleasant shaves to all!

9 February

Signature Soaps Capra Deva
Simpson Chubby 2
Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Feather Hi-Stainless
Proraso Sensitive balm

D746CECD-B5E1-4821-9CCF-C9765F5DACE4.jpeg
Another extraordinary shave this morning. The Chubby 2 with Sovereign fibre was not a favourite when I first got it, but it is becoming one. Today I achieved an astonishingly thick lather with the Capra Deva soap. An all around good ‘un.

Friday 9 February

An very enjoyable shave today, not quite bbs finish as I think the blade is going off but the cathartic process of lathering Spitfire with the vintage Rubberset 400 and then removing it with the vintage FatBoy was a relaxing way to start the day and left me smiling. Who needs bbs every shave anyway?
Have a great day fellas!

IMG_0486.jpeg

rmM2Pg0.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club LE 2012 Mixed Badger/Boar
Soap: Ariana & Evans Khalifa
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (1.20mm)
Blade: Gillette Platinum (6)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Barrister and Mann Leviathan Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Parfums de Marly Herod EdP

Friday 9th February

ABLVV87GYpDg9pjVhCGXYwmq7CdNDuLrt_-3P3kuvhYFBgGzb0oiLycnJDdpBT29FwvtRc7sgLELSxg_6DZFqF9UftV2_YKXG5caHa02uLKCl6FzQWH00FRVsKABiaqrDggTce7DD8JXgAF0QH8s2d7_9-QnTA=w800

Fat February

The Mighty Mitchell's Woof Fat (Classic) Shaving Soap & Omega 11137 Pure Bristle
Muhle R89 Twist & Treet Durasharp (2) < Yellow Pack
Pitralon Classic Aftershave

... and one of what will be a number of back to backs this month pitting the classic MWF against its latest formulation.

Happy to say that comparing to last night's shave with the latest formulation, my love for the classic is still very much there. I'll also say that my appreciation of the latest formulation is growing. It really is as good as the classic soap,

Last edited:
Second shave with the Rainbow stainless blade. Razor and soap same as before; some difficulty getting a close shave but easy to get an acceptable one. Dialled up to 9 to get the best I could.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Gillette Mk. I Adjustable 195 'Fatboy' (1960)
Blade: Rainbow Super Stainless
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Generic Hand soap
Lather: Kent/Mitchell's Wool Fat
Aftershave: Cussons Aftershave lotion

Back
Top Bottom