SOTD : Saturday 2nd June - Friday 8th June 2018

N1rOL9BF_o.jpeg

Omega 011829
Rockwell 6S
Supermax Platinum (3)
Haslinger Schafsmilch (Tallow)
Nivea 2 Phase & Myrsol Blue

To compare the Mitchells from yesterday and the Haslinger today I would put the Haslinger a slight favourite. The performance was a bit better and I would imagine it is less troublesome to use than the divisive Mitchells (not that I have any issue). No shedding today from the brush so I am happy about that. The Rockwell continues to be my go to shaver and my favourite. Finished off with my usual 2 Phase and same as yesterday with some Myrsol Blue.

SOTD: 7th June 2018.

View attachment 36145

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Glycerin Soap.

Brush: Anbbas Boar.

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Proraso ~ Eucalyptus and Menthol.

Blade: Perma-Sharp .(4)

Razor: Muhle R89 .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lemon,Lime+Peppermint Oil Witch Hazel Mixture/Aloe Vera Gel.

Proraso ~ Eucalyptus and Menthol A/S .

Greetings,

Birthday shave...And the start of a extended long weekend away from the mill...Sheer bliss.;)

The shave setup for my special day i've chosen some of my favourite shaving products in my den since i started traditional shaving...Instead of my usual face lathering, i used my bowl instead, which created a wonderful thick protective lather in no time.

The Muhle R89,will always be a firm favourite of mine,a hard choice considering i have near equally favourite DE razors, but the R89 shines the brightest,and a close joint second are the Merkur 34C,37C &39C...+ my newly aquired Parker Variant. What ever blade i've paired these razors up with i've always had a comfortable dfs..

The Perma-sharp on it's 4th use, matched up together wonderfully, making my birthday shave a very pleasurable experience..

A very comfortable close 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Proraso ~ Eucalyptus and Menthol A/S.;)

The star performer of all my shaves this week has been the Perma sharp blade,However, i won't be taken it to it's 5th shave, even though it would probably still perform with smooth sharpness...I may test the longvidity of other blades in the future shaves...

My face is feeling smooth, & smelling devine.

I'm now going to enjoy the rest of the day, spending it with family & friends, and catching up on some well earned rest...us old codgers do need take it easy once in a while..It's time to fill the zimmer with some nitro and burn some rubber!:D

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen...I'm certainly going to enjoy try to enjoy mine.Regards. B.:cool:

Happy Birthday :)

Pre: Cold water face wash
Brush: Thater 4125/1 ST
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Treet 19Pruf
Blade: Gem SS
IMG_20180607_151327.jpg

Although the Treet SE is a little mild for my stubble, using it every now and again doesn't hurt and I love the baton handle.
Happy Shaving one and all.

SOTD 06/06/18

Prep: warm shower
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Shark Super Stainless 4th use
Brush: Vulfix Super Badger
Cream: Truefitt & Hill No 10
Post: warm water, cold water, Thayers Cucumber & Witch Hazel, Truefitt & Hill No 10 Post Shave Cologne Balm, Ralph Lauren Polo Sport

View attachment 36137

It's been a while since I posted - bloody depression. Good news is I'm currently listening to Hard As Iron from the Ram It Down album by the mighty Judas Priest. :D

Glad to see you back. Sorry to hear about this Andy. Remember you're not on your own. I struggle with depression myself so I know where you're coming from.

Take it easy

Rob

Mediterranean Shave
feat.
Proraso Professionale 400810, ciotola
Omega Professionale 20480, setola
Fatip Testina Gentile, rasoio
Gillette Silver Blue, blade
Proraso Verde Eucalipto e Mentolo, sapone
Epsilon Azul Mediterráneo, loción

I can't recommend the Proraso shaving bowl highly enough for the large Omega Pro brushes with high lofts and big handles. It works like a dream. No clonking on side walls, no spilling lather, no chasing it around, no need for special swirling techniques and effort, light, ergonomic in the hand, won't break when dropped, good quality ABS plastics.

Regardless how much lather I keep making, it stays inside at the bottom and keeps being mixed in with the new lather created by the brush. The ridges are very useful to add product at the bottom and the brush to gradually use it and convert it to lather. Slapping instead of swirling the brush also works in this bowl. An almond sized scrape from the Proraso green soap got me 3 full passes and plenty left for touch-ups or an extra full pass.

When I tried bowl lathering for the first time a year ago, I felt like I needed big bowls. However, as my technique kept improving, I noticed I want smaller ones to get denser, more hydrated lather, and my work area in the bowl kept getting smaller and smaller. Now I'm at the point where this small Proraso mug feels comfortable to work in even with these huge brushes. I see negative reviews how people wish it was slightly bigger, but I believe once you hone those bowl lathering skills, this will be absolutely perfect for anyone.

Last edited:
Thursday 7th June 2018
SOTD 7 June.jpg
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + Bulldog face scrub and Noxzema shave cream
Razor: Qshave (Futur clone)
Blade: Tiger (#3)
Brush: Vie Long Horse Hair
Soap: Palmolive cream
Bowl: Korium
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel
AS: 4711 lotion

2 days growth and only 2 passes required, I am usually 3 passes with most DE shaves.

Attachments

• SOTD 7 June.jpg
    SOTD 7 June.jpg
    634.1 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom