SOTD : Saturday 2nd - Friday 8th February 2019.

SOTD: 8/2/19
e75f448418da659449cd71ae91e0d38d.jpg

[emoji3502]Gibbs No.14
[emoji3502]Wizamet Polsilver (1)
[emoji3502]Pre de Provence No. 63
[emoji3502]Cadman Custom
[emoji3502]Master Blue Aftershave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Date: 08 February 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Arko (4 shaving sticks grated into a 250ml plastic tub)
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip E1 1959 / Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword #14
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / WAHL Bay Rum Aftershave Splash
Fragrance:- L'Eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme

Fri 8th Feb

RazoRock Syn 24mm
Arko Soap
Ever Ready- Bathroom Set
Gem S/S [ 1 ]
Pitralon Original A/S Lotion

Today I used what I regard as my best ER 1912, the one from the Bathroom set has the most tactile handle which seems to make the Razor more manoeuvrable. Also, ER seem to have tweaked the head so that modern blades are held more securely, reducing characteristic blade chatter. It is a Razor which Shaves very smoothly and efficiently with feeling threatening, and it is very easy without any problems to get a Top Notch Finish. This is an ideal Razor for anyone who wishes to try out shaving with a Gem Bladed /SE Razor, probably better than its modern counterparts.

IMG_0359.jpg

Fri 8th Feb

RazoRock Syn 24mm
Arko Soap
Ever Ready- Bathroom Set
Gem S/S [ 1 ]
Pitralon Original A/S Lotion

Today I used what I regard as my best ER 1912, the one from the Bathroom set has the most tactile handle which seems to make the Razor more manoeuvrable. Also, ER seem to have tweaked the head so that modern blades are held more securely, reducing characteristic blade chatter. It is a Razor which Shaves very smoothly and efficiently with feeling threatening, and it is very easy without any problems to get a Top Notch Finish. This is an ideal Razor for anyone who wishes to try out shaving with a Gem Bladed /SE Razor, probably better than its modern counterparts.

View attachment 41214
A tactile handle indeed, Mike. I was lucky enough to land a Bathroom set a wee while ago. I doubt it had been used, it's that pristine (it still had undisturbed sellotape on the plastic case). Its ‘grippiness' only adds to its quality. A truly great 1912.

Back
Top Bottom