171202_SOTD.jpg
Great set up & Pic Wooky. :)

sr0ljjja_o.jpeg

Omega 10098
Schick G8 Injector
Schick Proline B-20 (1) / Personna (1)
Pheonix and Beau Solaris
Thayers Rose, BBA Post Shave Balm & Brut

Well I was looking forward to my first use of a proline blade and it was a dud! Tried it and removed it several times and it was like shaving with a spork! No edge at all and too lazy to go upstairs to get a new one I used a Personna from Connaughts. Afterwards I have got another proline and loaded it and tested it on my arm. I don't think they come with a blank for the first blade?

Anyway, a superb shave after that and no issues at all. I can look forward to tomorrow's now. I'm fancying an all BBA product shave.
Genuine (and no offence intended) question; but you did load it the right way round?

A mixed shave today, I have yet to find what is causing me skin issues and I wanted to leave my face a bit longer to recover before my next shave but I was of out for a meal and was looking scruffy.

Pre:

Tesco Pro Formula face scrub

Shave:

Palmolive shave cream
Edwin Jagger DE89
The Personal Barber synthetic brush
Treet Black blade

RazoRock Dead Sea aftershave
No7 post shave Balm

Just a two pass with the grain to tidy up and hopefully minimise irritation. No bleeders and seems okay.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Saturday 2nd December 2017
SOTD 2nd Dec.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Birch Sap Face Wash and Wickham 1912 Shamrock Tweed face soap
Razor: Gillette Slim K3
Blade: NOS 1963 Gillette Silver (#2)
Brush: Maseto 24mm finest fan
Soap: Wickham 1912 Shamrock Tweed
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
AS: Wickham 1912 Shamrock Tweed
EDT: Amraf Tres Nuit

Another superb shave, and I'm smelling good again. First time using the Tres Nuit and it is cracking.

A mixed shave today, I have yet to find what is causing me skin issues and I wanted to leave my face a bit longer to recover before my next shave but I was of out for a meal and was looking scruffy.

Pre:

Tesco Pro Formula face scrub

Shave:

Palmolive shave cream
Edwin Jagger DE89
The Personal Barber synthetic brush
Treet Black blade

RazoRock Dead Sea aftershave
No7 post shave Balm

Just a two pass with the grain to tidy up and hopefully minimise irritation. No bleeders and seems okay.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk
I used to find that using a facial scrub as prep caused me a fair bit of irritation. I suppose it makes sense; shaving's an exfoliant too. By dropping the scrub and using a good face wash, it helped. Maybe give that a try? I know that for some, the scrub can help ‘lift' the hair. Mileage and all that.

I also cold rinse my razor and my face between passes and at the final rinse. All this has reduced my irritation to virtually zero; providing normal care is exercised.

Date: 03 December 2017 "SOTM"

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo Synth. 26/57mm bulb knot
Lather: - Route 66 ~ Bourbon Jungle 4x
Bowl: - Captain's Choice
Razor: - Colonial Razors ~ General SS
Blade: - Feather Professional Super #4
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel /Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance: - Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme

Back
Top Bottom