SOTD: Saturday 29th September - Friday 5th October 2018.

Prep: Face wash Pears
Soap: B&M Reserve Lavender
Brush: Yaqi 28mm
Bowl: Timeless
Razor: Ever-Ready Natural Angle SE
Blade: GEM Stainless (3)
AS: Bart's Barm Lavender
EDT: Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Another great shave with the Ever Ready and to finish a few spritz of pure malt now i just wished Neil could do a pure malt like aftershave and balm

SOTD 30/09

Pre Shave: Face wash with Nesti Dante bar soap
Soap: Wickham Soap Co 1912 Cashmere
Brush: RazoRock 400
Razor: Rex Supply Co. Ambassador (3/3/2)
Blade: NOS Gillette Stainless Red (5)

180930_SOTD.jpg

Prep: Face wash with Nivea Sensitive Face Wash
Pre: Proraso Sensitive Pre-shave
Brush: Razorock Plissoft
Soap: Proraso Sensitive
Razor: DE89
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
AS: Adidas Pure Game AS

First time I've used a Silver Blue and am very impressed. Sharp but smooth and very comfortable. I liked the Nacet but the SB seems better. Very good shave and no red stuff at all.

Have a good evening.

Last edited:
Sun 30th Sept

Omega 11126 boar
Speick Active
Feather F11 neo
Twin Blade
Pitralon Original A/S lotion

Emergency Razor Test
As we are going away in a bit, I thought that I ought to have Razor in my carry on bag, just in case proper gear in hold luggage was delayed.
I have never done a full Shave with this Razor.It was obvious from the start that short strokes were best for initial clearance. After that the Shave was smooth but took some time, and though the finish was good on upper face, the finish on the neck was not great. Historically I think I may have rushed Cart Shaves, this slower one did not cause soreness or irritation. will pack this one but not in a rush to use it.
Now need to know what is going to be my proper Razor for the Holiday?

IMG_0260.jpg

Sunday 30th September

OSP Barbershop
YaqI 2 Band Marble Handle
Ikon 102 / Windrose Handle
Gillette Silver Blue (3)
L'oreal Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Balm
4711 Aftershave

Man Flu has been getting me down all day so a restorative shave was in order. (It hasn't really helped but at least I look a little more presentable)
My sense of smell is completely shot, so I won't notice the 4711 scent dissipating in less than 20 minutes !

Sunday 30th September PM

Pre-shave:- Hot shower, Nivea Sensitive Face Wash and Proraso Red Pre Shave cream
Brush:- The Executive Shaving Company Medium Jock Synthetic
Soap/Cream:- Executive Shaving Company Natural
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Fatboy / Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless (green)(1)
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber & Brut aftershave then Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine
Fragrance:- Brut

2ceed68c965dd24088b815293545fada.jpg

It's been a busy weekend and tonight I needed a relaxing shave. After a great hot shower I had everything looked out. My usual prep then a good lather with The Executive Shaving Company's Natural cream. The amount of lather a small amount makes is unbelievable. The scent still puts a smile of my face, reminding me of my first DE shave and why it was so right jumping over from the dark side.

I had a good growth on my face having not shaved since Thursday night. I kept with setting 3 on the Fatboy and set off on the 1st pass WTG. A huge amount of whiskers came off with each stroke and it was over too quick. 2nd pass XTG with no issues. 3rd pass ATG and I was mostly BBS. A few pickups on my neck and I was done. The Fatboy and 7 O'clock green blade are perfect for me. Smooth and precise with no reaction from my skin. If it's not broken, don't fix it.

A quick rinse and clean up followed by my usual Thayers post routine. A splash of Brut aftershave then touch of Barts Amber and Moroccan Jasmine balm. A quick squirt of Brut deodorant to top everything off and I'm done.

A good shave. Sorry if my SOTDs are a bit repetitive but this routine just seems to work for me. I enjoy reading others and choosing bits and pieces here and there to try out different scents.

Hope you all have a great week! [emoji1303]

20180930_095434_1538341467469-1851x1851.jpg

Been trying something new over the past couple of days and just doing a witch single pass shave on a morning. It's going ok but I don't think I like it as much as a 2/3 pass every other day. Probably going back.

JR168 tuxedo synthetic
Stirling Executive Man
Gillette Aristocrat #66
Gillette Nacet blade
A little alum
L'Oreal Men Expert Hydra Energetic Balm
Fine Accoutrements Platinum After Shave Lotion

Have a great evening

Sun 30th Sept

Omega 11126 boar
Speick Active
Feather F11 neo
Twin Blade
Pitralon Original A/S lotion

Emergency Razor Test
As we are going away in a bit, I thought that I ought to have Razor in my carry on bag, just in case proper gear in hold luggage was delayed.
I have never done a full Shave with this Razor.It was obvious from the start that short strokes were best for initial clearance. After that the Shave was smooth but took some time, and though the finish was good on upper face, the finish on the neck was not great. Historically I think I may have rushed Cart Shaves, this slower one did not cause soreness or irritation. will pack this one but not in a rush to use it.
Now need to know what is going to be my proper Razor for the Holiday?

View attachment 38635
Try locking the pivot Mike. I get a half decent shave that way.

Back
Top Bottom