SOTD : Saturday 29th May to Friday 4th June 2021.

04/06/21
Pre: Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush: Silver Birch Brushes - Blue Resin
Soap: OSP No. 08
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (1)
Post shave: Cold water splash ,TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: TC's Vetiver & Clary Sage infused Argan Oil Balm
Aftershave: Brut Original
Wk 22 (7).JPG
A really nice early morning shave today, its been a long time since i used a Schick Proline and it performed really well, it does not feel as sharp from the off as my normal Feather PB, however, it gives a lovely comfortable shave, it does give more feedback during the shave than the Feather, i will see how it goes.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Friday 4th June
Jayaruh 289 - Haslinger Honig - GEM Micromatic OC - GEM Stainless Coated #9 - Cien X-Bolt A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
CJwN24K.jpg

194902045_148545337307071_7831512321268885900_n.jpg

Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Eco Warrior Bergamot & Lime
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Aqua Beaux Silvertip Premium synthetic
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Seemed like the day to get some Summer scents out. Sadly the Eco Warrior is somewhat lacking on the olfactory scale :cautious: Bergamot and lime are there on sniffing the soap, but do not transfer once on the brush. It lathers pretty well - although it's no Mogno - but the scent is totally flat. The sun was brought back to the shave courtesy of a liberal dose of Duru, and once again the Baxter proved it slots into many setups with ease.

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Friday 4th June 2021

Shave Score 9.65/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower / Baxter’s Face Scrub
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
Soap: P&B Spitfire
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Atlantis
Razor: RR GameChanger .84 SB
Blade: Sputnik (1)
Post Shave ASL: P&B Spitfire
Post Shave Balm: P&B Spitfire
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

Have a great day all.

Joe

3229F385-9C64-4268-9BC0-A5D5D66A8C85.jpeg

View attachment 71044

This afternoon -

razor - ATT Calypso alu - R plate
blade - Gillette yellow (1)
brush - Frank Shaving two-band 22mm
soap - Arlington
post - witch hazel
a/s - 4711
balm - none - it's too warm
scent - Sauvage edp.

Nice - head and face shave. First use of my new Frank Shaving brush - courtesy of #theemporium. Very good - everything I wanted it to be - a smaller precise and dense knot with soft tips - it ripped into the triple-milled soap with alacrity. Excellent - enjoy shaving - one and all - yours - I.

@Boycie83 - thanks C.
Nice finish with the Eau Sauvage, Iain...

Friday

MWF
RazoRock Disrupter 22mm synth
Face lather
Gillette New Improved (England, Pat. 1917)
Personna Med Prep
Thayer’s Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Bart’s Ben Cruachan after shave lotion

A nice relaxing shave this morning. I’ve been informed that the Ben Cruachan lotion is no longer viable for production by @BartsBalm; which is a great pity. It gives a great post-shave feel and the essential lime oil, although fleeting, smells wonderful.

The Fat provided its usual high standard of cushion and protection; the latter important when dealing with the assertiveness of the New Improved.

A57C7C4D-DE32-42B9-9B7A-5D35201B5257.jpeg

4 June

Fine Snake Bite
Simpson Chubby 2 Manchurian
Rockwell 6S (R4)
Personna med prep
Fine Snake Bite asl

F659402F-2400-4484-9569-9B764B1976BF.jpeg

The return to form of the premium Chubby was more than welcome. There was no sign of lather dying in the brush between passes. A wonderful, close and comfortable shave was the result. The Snake Bite aftershave is still potent. About ten seconds after applying it there was an explosion of menthol goodness, which I am still feeling now, as I write. Strong stuff.

FFF81552-9427-48BA-BD8B-C4A096A273F2.jpeg

First use of my new H&S Z074 Ti razor (bought from @motto ) paired with a Feather DE blade,
was not far from the experience of a Feather AS-D2 razor.
But the shave was closer and with less effort. Interesting in how many hours, I will feel the stuble again.
Of course I will have to use the razor for more shaves and with different blades before getting a final conclusion.
But, it's looking promising.

Have a nice weekend gentlemen

4/6/21

Pre - Unscented Soap
Soap - Tabac
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Tuxedo 24mm
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Perma Sharp SS (7)
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum w/Menthol

I forgot how great a Perma Sharp blade can be, but unlike a few other blades it's definitely at it's best after a few shaves, maybe today's one was the most enjoyable to date.

Have a good Friday gents.

Fri 5th June

Omega 11137 boar
Ach Brito Mogno
ES Claymore V1- Bulldog Handle
Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG ( 6 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

The last few Shaves have been very good on my sun ravaged face, so a repeat with this combo is a no brainer.Am quite amazed at how this blade has enhanced the performance of The Claymore..

56CA2AF5-AEDC-4748-964B-DFCD563392FA.jpeg

SOTD 04-June
20210604_131500.jpg
Prep: Warm shower & PAA Cube
Brush: PAA Switchback 400 26mm Roswell
Soap: 1912 Magnum
Razor: Dovo Best 6/8

The newly acquired magnum was a big surprise, it's what I would describe as floral or possibly sweet, but I found I really liked it. Now this is compared to my normal playing field which tend to reside in leather, so anything would probably smell floral to me. I half thought going in it might be one of those destined for BST, alas, much to the wife's annoyance, the collection will continue to grow!

Very smooth outcome and a great kick off to the day.

Hope everyone has had a decent day!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom