SOTD : Saturday 29th January-Friday 4th February 2022.

3/2/22

IMG_20220203_162952.jpg

Brush - Yaqi 22mm Plissoft
Soap - Korsarz Fresh
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Shark Platinum (2)
Post - La Rive Cabana

This morning the UPS man brought me a box filled of delights from makeup.uk (my custom will return!) and for today's shave, I picked a few things from the box. The Korsarz Fresh cream might be the lightest scented shaving cream or soap I have ever come across, the only scent my nose could detect is a touch of aloe vera, not much else. It produces a delightful lather though.
Nice shave with Shark Platinum in the FHT, it's a sharp blade for sure.
Finished the shave with a few splashes of La Rive Cabana. From the makeup.uk site for the EdT, the description is

Scent Type: spicy, woody
Top Note: Bergamot, Jasmine
Heart Note: Patchouli, Tobacco Leaves
Base Note: Woody Notes

I'd say my nose finds it to be heavier on the Tabacco, and the Jasmine is there as well. I'd say it's a scent on the heavier side of things, which is a bit different to the lighter style splashes I go for usually, but I'm liking it.

Evening all,

So please forgive the item I mention today but you never know when you might want to use some!

Prep, hot water and flannel
Brush, Semagogue
Razor, Lupo DLC (Aluminium one)
Blade, Shavemax Diamond Edge (1st use)
Cream, Bond Retro (Canned Goo)
A/S, Bond Classic

The goo did not create the best lather despite a lot of work and adding water and more goo. It was not the best for application and retention either. That said, I was reasonably pleased with the end result.

I’d say it gave a functional and reasonably close shave. Not as good as previous shaves using soaps / proper creams. But not where I felt I’d wasted the opportunity for a good shave.

My observations on the Bond Goo. I wouldn’t get it again, but I’d recommend the La Toja versions which I picked up recently. The results were far better scent / lather / and application. And similar in price as well.

But most soaps / creams I’ve used would outperform canned goo I’d suggest. I hope this assists others.

Best,

Ben

Attachments

• AD9A13A8-F325-415B-AA27-792883A4B2AA.jpeg
    AD9A13A8-F325-415B-AA27-792883A4B2AA.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 5
Thursday AM 2022-02-03
Ferdinand Magellan birthday, 1480
YlZilQc.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Tiger Stripe Finest (24/53)
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 shaving cream
LASSC BBS-1
Personna 74 Tungsten (2)
Calvin Klein Obsession aftershave
le8hNiw.jpg

03/02/2022

Razor: Karve Overlander
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
Brush: Maseto 24mm Silvertip
Soap: DRH Windsor

20220203_193529.jpg

First use of my new Overlander from Phelan's Low Mileage Razor Co. and I'm very intrigued. The shave is silent with no feeling of cutting yet my stubble has vanished. This performed better in two passes than my 37C. It's an unusual combination of sensory things so will take some adjusting to but I'm looking forward to the next shave with it.

Fri 4th SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans Peach & Cognac
Brush Boti 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor P Hospital Le Grelot Thiers 1st Naniwa 12k Edge
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Ariana & Evans Peach & Cognac Splash
This is a wonderful soap! Lovely & strong scent with a rich, creamy and slick lather...
Received my Naniwa 12k, immediately lapped it followed this razor. Wow! A highly polished edge and today shave were very smooth and comfortable...so different from the previous shave with this razor. 3passes without any issues for a dfs/ccs result. Will be putting the Red Imp through the Naniwa next. Aftershaves were awesome!
20220204_141502.jpg

Back
Top Bottom