SOTD: Saturday 29 July - Friday 4 August 2023.

Saturday 29th July

AIL4fc85RT91evQXI4NQt6qZu0vOa7HQ4OU_-84sUOOlX1IXrJX_tJCD44z87oIV0ZcxSKCJcqrtcakbV3JjiNcIsrzW3TD-zV21RT8Q5zduajO_RkfVLWILRCLKlhoYoU862G36CYybOYSZCcUW4SXz7llvxw=w800

Simpson's Shaving Cream & Omega 10108 Pure Bristle
Razorock Hawk A & Feather Professional (6)
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

... carry on with the same setup, but switched the splash again for VIBR.

IMG_2483.jpeg

Razor: Leaf Twig Thorn
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Edwin Jagger 25mm Horn STF
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Aftershave: Bart’s Ben Vrackie (Unscented)
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: Arran Aromatics Machrie EDT

29/07/23

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Weber ARC
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Simpsons Duke 3 Best
Soap: a new/ modified base sample soap from Alfredo..

So, Alfredo was kind enough to send me a sample of his new soap base, designed to handle hard water problems.. well, he has succeeded.. a faultless shave was had, with top notch performance in all departments.. so good in fact, that I was doing extra passes just for the enjoyment of it... Kudos to Alfredo for this new offering.
I can't wait to get my hands on a full soap..

IMG_2255.jpeg
SOTD: 29/07/2023

Razor: Blackland Era
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: Highlander “Azzuri” Custom Brush Boti 4th Gen Pink 3 Color Synthetic Knot
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Soap: A&E Shaving Butter - Cashmere Velvet Puck
Balm: Ariana & Evans Rice Water Serum - Cashmere Velvet

Todays shave is exactly why I wanted the higher level plate for the Era. I was in a rush this morning and then had to leave earlier than expected so to say this was a rushed shave was an understatement! However the level 5 closed comb was quick, safe and being medium efficiency, did the job a treat!
Have a great weekend guys!

Sun 30
Soap & Aftershave PAA Cavendish
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Rhino Stainless 2nd
My top favorite soap & matching splash. Beautifully creamy and slick lather with a wonderful aromatic scent!
This razor paired with the blade gives a silky smooth and very efficient 3-pass shave for a bbs finish. The blade is amazing!
20230730_095651.jpg

SOTD: 30th July 2023.

2.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body+Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Nivea Men Body Shaving Stick.
Blade: Personna Comfort Coated. (D2)
Razor: Parker 24C.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men 2 Phase + P&G Old Spice Original ASL Mixture + Body shaving Anti-Irritation ASL.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Body shaving Anti-Irritation ASL.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Saturday 29th July

Soap • Stirling Orange Chill
Brush • Yaqi Moka Express
Razor • Razorock GC Jaws .84
Blade • Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Post • Stirling Orange Chill Splash

I'm a few shaves in with this Game Changer open comb. I feel it's a touch too assertive for my tastes. It's by no means overly aggressive, rather that I prefer a milder shave.
That said, I'm on the look out for a trade with the straight bar variant, of which I stupidly sold on a few years ago - silly me . . .

Enjoy the remainder of the weekend everyone.

SOTD 30-Jul
20230730_110704.jpg
Brush: WW Boti
Soap: GN Ernest
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Wizamet

Final day of the lather games, the aim being to use great made somewhere other than where you live. Not particularly difficult but the timing happened to work out well, so all the the gear is from elsewhere and the shave itself happened in Turkey, about as good as I could get.

Bit tired for the shave to be fair, delays turned it into a long trip. Despite that still had a decent finish.

Now to the beach bar and make use of the all inclusive.

Have a good one all!

Cheers

Marc

Hope everyone has a grand day

Back
Top Bottom