SOTD: Saturday 28 October - Friday 3 November 2023.

Monday 30th October

ADCreHe7NBOOthF2McUNd86yUM3y9sswAQd0NeZifOlR5XGVePZrJCerxneAn4utrZ5PHcBN_fLxbfFQM9BB3x3J-0U55GsK8yLdoW9fGqgaZmN_X8NZ-2j2mKzQtv7assq08pQYSzlWgDeRlJiGpnCr5n903g=w800

My setup for the week ...

Gillette Original Shaving Cream & Razorock Bruce Synthetic 24mm
Schick Super II Plus & Schick Super II Plus Cartridge (1)
Pashana Original Aftershave

In stark contrast to the older Schick II Super (non-Plus) format I was using a few weeks ago, I like this cartridge. In fact, you could say that I was non-plussed with the non-Plus format! I do not like the pivoting head, though - something I absolutely expected. I'm in two minds as to whether to persevere or pop the cartridge onto my Gillette G2 Plus handle with which it is compatible. See how I feel about it tomorrow ...

SOTD 30 October 2023

Pre-shave:
Hot shower, Carbon Theory Charcoal and Tea Tree Oil Cleansing Bar, followed by cold water splash.
Soap: Asylum Levante.
Brush: Simpsons 2 - Best Badger.
Razor: Blackland Dart.
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow (2).
Post: Cold water splash, Antica Barbieria Colla Green Tobacco Aftershave Milk.

30-Oct-23.jpg

A one pass shave (WTG) with small touch-ups was all that was needed today - not much growth to be removed after yesterday's stella shave. I felt like a second XTG pass - but felt that would be greedy.

The Asylum Levante soap is lovely rich in glycerine and shea butter; lovely lemon scent - classic and subtle. The Antica Barbieria aftershave milk felt good on the skin - the slightest sting - reminded me that the Dart requires a degree of respect and concentration. For me the Dart comes into its own when I have 2 - 3 days growth to remove - and always shaving with a steep angle.

A DFS+/BBS- shave with no issues to report.

All the best,

Chris

SOTD Monday 30th October 2023
DC4C6DC8-C705-4813-AA11-DB9D2B04D186.jpeg
Pre - Imperial Leather face wash

Bowl - glass
Cream - Palmolive Classic
Brush - Haryali synthetic
Razor - Merkur 38C
Blade - Treet Platinum (3)

Post - face wash with lather remains, cold rinse, alum, Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea Sensitive ASB, Hidden Cove Sports EDT

Refreshment - small beer x 2 (felt the need)

An excellent 2 pass + tidy shave. Neat, comfortable and once again - smoooth!! The Treet blade felt just as nice in Big’yin as it did in Lil’rev…
…what? Oh yes, I’ve named my main razors - Big’yin is my Merkur 38C and my 34C is Lil’rev - and why not?

F12F75EA-0336-40EF-99AF-55E25901CC1B.jpeg
Why not indeed!?!?

Tue 31
Cream & Aftershave BS MacaRoot & Aloe
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Silvertip
Razor Lakeside Cutlery Chicago
Love this cream & matching aftershave. It smells wonderful! The lather was superbly whip-up by the excellent brush.
This razor has been providing outstanding shaves ever since I received it, amazing! Silky smooth and crisply keen edges...
20231031_093018.jpg

Razor = Occam’s Oren***
Blade = Feather Prok Guard ( 2 )
Brush = Thst Darn Robb Limited Edition
Soap = Diver Down by PAA
with matching splash.
Balm =Nivea Original
IMG_3072.jpegA great after work shave.
Although i was far to tired to write it up
only 2 weeks left here but i need to come back for a week or so after that.
I’m getting very weiry with this lark
Never mind.
Enjoy Your Week

SOTD: 31st October 2023.

11.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10077.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Ultra-Calming Liquid Shaving Cream.
Razor: FaTip Grande. (Face) - Gillette London Bridge. (D3)
Razor: Gillette Guard. (Head) (D1)

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/ Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Alum Rub./Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel/ L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB./ P&G Old Spice Hawkridge ASL.

Greetings,

(Halloween Face & Head shave)

An enjoyable close face & head shave to finish the month off wonderfully.

My month open comb focus with the FaTip Grande & Parker 24C paired together with Gillette London Bridge blade has been a joy...Both razors have performed superbly, especially the FaTip Grande. The extended run out with the Gillette Guard has been provided me with close presentable head shaves...I will continue to add it to my rotation for my head shaves in future shaves.

I haven't used the Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Ultra-Calming Liquid Shaving Cream which always provides a slick protective lather. It's gooey sloppy mess appearance on my first use left something to the imagination which put me in doubt about it. However, once i started to add a few drops of water to gooey mixture it exploded and became slick rich and protective with no drying out issues and superb post shave feel... It doesn't have much of a scent so It doesn't conflict with any post shave scent applications.

Tonight is Halloween night ever since I was kid it has always been something I've looked forward to...I still love to watch the classic Frankenstein with Boris Karloff, which for me will always be the best version and still amazes me each time i watch it....The Acting, b & w photography, & directing of the film is so incredibly dramatic....Another favourite is the 1974 Mel Brooks comical take of Young Frankenstein which is a classic in itself.

Parents uncles aunties, grandparents, friends, neighbours will be having the usual mass visiting Trick-or-Treating presence from Wolverines, Michael Myers, Witches, Werewolf's, Mother-In Laws, Priti Patel's, Jacob Rees-Mogg's, Zombies, Vampires, Frankenstein's, Mummy's & Daddy's, Beetlejuice's, Batmans, Batwomen, Jokers, Freddy Krueger's, Chucky's, Jason Voorhees knocking on the door queuing up for the boat load of goodies people have for them around the world to mark this 'spooky Halloween Trick-or Treating event.

Something That I always mention on Halloween is don't forget to keep your pets indoors and safe from harm while enjoying the spooky & soon to come bonfire-Guy Fawkes night (UK) festivities.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of P&G Old Spice Hawkridge ASL.

My face is feeling cool smooth, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
SOTD 31-Oct
20231020_150236-01.jpeg
Brush: MOAR Boar
Soap: WK Vor V
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Wizamet

Cracking shave this morning, Vor V doesn't see a ton of use but it is extremely nice. Shame the EDP doesn't last so that long on me, but whilst it does it's pleasant. Smooth finish, zero irritation and smelling good.

Spooky shaves everyone, have a good one.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 31/10/2023

Razor: Above The Tie SE1
Blade: Feather Professional SE-20 Black, 10th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Crema Pre Barba con Olio Di Sandalo Cream
Soap: The Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre Cream
Aftershave: The Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water