SOTD : Saturday 27th October - Friday 2nd November 2018.

Saturday 27th October

Palmolive Stick
YaqI 24mm Tuxedo Marble Handle
Wilkinson Sword Classic TTO
Old Stock English Made Wilkinson Sword (1)
Proraso Green ASL

First run out with the Wilkinson Sword Classic TTO razor , one word - impressed.

I had very nearly three days growth, and after the first pass I could have stopped. It really did shave that close.
My usual second pass, ATG, was completed in no time.
It shaves very smooth and felt safe from the get go.
I decided to use an Old English Wilkinson Sword blade and Palmolive Stick to keep the classic theme.
If you are lucky enough to find one of these razors don't hesitate to buy one. For £15 it's well worth it.
Finished with Proraso Green ASL

Refreshed and smooth once more

SOTD Saturday 27 October 2018

Pre-shave: Warm bath; Epsom salt soak, followed by warm water splash and Proraso Pre-shave Cream (white)
Cream: Castle Forbes - Lavender.
Brush: Simpsons The Duke 2 Pure Badger.
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery.
Razor: Razorine and FatIp Piccolo (Special edition).
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (Day 3).
Post shave: Natural Alum stones (Connaught) followed by D.R. Harris Mild Skin Tonic.

SWMBO has invited guests round for dinner this evening; wanted a good shave to get the evening off to a good start.

The Castle Forbes whipped into an exquisite lather; I decided to give the Razorine its first run out - I could not get the hang of shaving with the Razorine about 3/4 of the way through the first pass, after a nick decided to quite while I was still ahead.

Relathered and had a good 2 pass shave with the Fatip; post shave I used the Natural Alum Block (first try) felt good on the skin - not much feedback. However, post shave I had some razor rash on my neck, right hand side.

I looked at the Razorine post shave and was not 100% the there was good blade alignment. I will use the Razorine again; I guess it may take me some practice, as always YMMV.

The FaTip Piccolo was worth the buy; thanks to Ian in the Gentleman's Groom Room Dundee - the finish is a little higher quality than the orginal Piccolo.

How amazing would it be if Fatip made a stainless steel version of the Piccolo and by the same count Mhule with the R41?

All the best,

Chris

Saturday AM 2018-10-27

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney 3/3 Porcelain Finest (26/59)
Acqua di Parma Colonia shaving cream (original)
Weber DLC/Triad Aristocrat Copper
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (6)
Acqua di Genova 1853 aftershave
Acqua di Parma Colonia EdC

The cream makes wonderful lather, although its fragrance is not quite as good as that of the Colonia soft soap.
R2XWrbx.jpg

[QUOTE="isaiah53, post: 733308, member: 1543"]flat bottomed tech
gillette super silver
asylum scanlon synthetic
C&E moroccan myrrh shaving soap
RSC post shave balm
roger & gallet l'homme edt[/QUOTE]

Flat bottom tech is a faboulous fazor, i have two of them. :)

Saturday 27th October
Prep: Cold face wash Wickham Shangri LA Glycerine
Soap: Wickham Shangri La
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor: Rockwell 6C plate 5 and plate 3
Blade: Voshkod (1)
Asb: Wickham Shangri La

Got rid off 5 days growth with a very nice 3 pass BBS shave only ruined by a reaction from the Wickham ASB (last time i used it i got a reaction) apart from that a wonderful shave

Today's Shave
Kent BK8 Brush
Gillette Blue
Muhle Rocca
Cella (bowl lathered)
Blue Stratos Aftershave splash

First use of the Gillette Blue Blades. I got a pack free years ago with a razor and just dumped them in the blade stash with no intention of using them, turns out the Rocca likes them and so do I o_O :)

Prep: Shower and with Nivea Sensitive Facewash
Pre: Proraso White preshave
Cream: TOBS Rose (bowl lathered)
Brush: Razorock Plissoft
Razor: Gillette Slim Twist
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Finished with a decent blob of Barts Balm Lavender

The opening strains of the Strictly Dancing thingy signalled time for me to retire to the shave zone. A slight floral theme to tonight's shave with the TOBS rose providing a lovely thick lather like a Turkish delight scented Greek yoghurt - if that's not an international incident inspiring analogy. Really quite luxurious and nothing like watching the choreographed gyrations of bunch of z-listers whose identities largely still evade me. [Sorry if you are a fan].
Anyway, 3 passes for a DFS, with just a bit of overshave on the neck. A touch of the styptic pencil sorted that and the Barts Lavender left my face feeling smooth and nicely hydrated.
A nice bonus [not Brucie related] when I returned to the living room I discovered my Dad has sent me a tuck of 5 UK made NOS Personna blades. He liberated a few hundred from his employer who was disposing of 1000s of them in the early 1990s. He's been using them ever since and is now down to his last 30. Might try one tomorrow.

Enjoy the rest of your weekends.

Cheers
Steve

Date: 28 October 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Semogue SOC in Ash Wood Badger/Boar 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Arko (4 shaving sticks grated into a 250ml plastic tub)
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C 'R6' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #10
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme

Aaaaah. I love the smell of Arko with a soft weak lemon scent that most wet shavers keep on complaining about because they hate the smell of a disinfectant urinal cake straight from the men's room when you're standing in front of a urinal wall taking a leak.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom