SOTD : Saturday 27th January - Friday 2nd February 2018.

9zvGTGe.jpg

Kanayama 50000 ~ Otto Busch 6/8 ~ LS 2-Band ~ I Coloniali ~ Pitralon Classic

41K34v9K_o.jpeg

Simpsons Wee Scot
Vintage Merkur
Supermax Diamond Edge Super Platinum (1)
Monsavon Bol a Raser
Thayers Rose, BBA Post Shave Balm & Hugo Boss Boss In Motion

First use of this blade, a nice blade but not as smooth as the Blue Diamond I have been using the past few days. I forgot how this soap shrinks, made loading a little sloppy due to it spinning around the tub but we got there in the end. A very nice shave and lovely smelling post shave, always reminds me of a family trip to Spain where I first bought the EDT for myself.

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Maseto 24mm ST
Cream: Body Shop Mac's Root
Razor: Pal Injecto-matic
Blade: Chick

IMG_20180127_144655.jpg
A no fuss cracking shave from the Pal. If you're in a hurry is there anything better than an Injecto-matic?
Have a great weekend everyone.

SOTD: 270118
SOTD 270118 7.jpg

Blade: Gem SS #3
Razor: Gem MMOC
Soap: The Blades Grim "Smolder"
Brush: S.V Rosewood
Bowl: S.V Grail
EDP: Acqua Di Parma Colonia intense

This was a shave that was perfect from start to finish.
3 Passes with a few touch ups cleared my two days growth with ease.

Feeling Fresh and smelling great.
Enjoy your shaves and your weekend Gentlemen! :)

Paid a visit to my Barber today for the usual. He is aware of my wet shaving affliction/addiction, and has helped from time to time with items such as a Barbicide jar etc. Anyway, as I was departing, he offered to give me some extra fluid to top up the jar. Sounds good, said I. He did not have a container handy, so improvised. As I was driving home, I could just hear the potential conversation in my head - "What seems to be the problem, Officer? A Molotov cocktail? Never heard of it, and you'd best get yourself off to Specsavers - it's a Corona!"

Saturday's SOTD :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash, warm water splash.
Razor - The Hone 15.
Blade - Kai Stainless Steel (Day 1).
Soap - Murdoch Shave Cream - Avalon.
Bowl - Via Barberia by Omega.
Brush - Omega (Boar) 011829.
Post shave - Cold Water Splash, OSP Neroli and Menthol Splash, followed by Ibiza-Aloe Aloe Vera Gel.

IMG_1035.JPG

@Blademonkey Paul, thanks for the tip re the Kai Stainless, paired with a Hone 15 - great combination.

I enjoyed a late, slow Saturday shave, before SWMBO and I head out for the evening.

A 3 pass shave, which was perhaps slightly greedy on the neck area, which had some post save slight irritation - however, no real issue. I really enjoyed shaving with the Hone 15 again, and the Kai blade on first impression makes the razor shine. A very smooth, efficient shave.

All the best, have a great weekend, all,

Chris

Saturday's SOTD :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash, warm water splash.
Razor - The Hone 15.
Blade - Kai Stainless Steel (Day 1).
Soap - Murdoch Shave Cream - Avalon.
Bowl - Via Barberia by Omega.
Brush - Omega (Boar) 011829.
Post shave - Cold Water Splash, OSP Neroli and Menthol Splash, followed by Ibiza-Aloe Aloe Vera Gel.

View attachment 32894

@Blademonkey Paul, thanks for the tip re the Kai Stainless, paired with a Hone 15 - great combination.

I enjoyed a late, slow Saturday shave, before SWMBO and I head out for the evening.

A 3 pass shave, which was perhaps slightly greedy on the neck area, which had some post save slight irritation - however, no real issue. I really enjoyed shaving with the Hone 15 again, and the Kai blade on first impression makes the razor shine. A very smooth, efficient shave.

All the best, have a great weekend, all,

Chris
Great news, the Kai Stainless is the perfect blade for not only the Hone 15 but any other mild razor that you require a little bit more from. :) P. I must add that the original idea came from @Uncle Sam and I thank him. P.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom