SOTD : Saturday 27th January - Friday 2nd February 2018.

Sunday

OSP Neroli
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Face lather
Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf
Gem SS PTFE
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
4711 EdC
Dior Eau Sauvage EdT

A great start to a Sunday. The OSP really is an outstanding soap; with all (that's) needed for the Gem combo. I love these Micromatics. They're built like tanks and deliver, for me, incredibly close and efficient results.

A splash of 4711 to briefly pick up the neroli notes of the soap; and an anointing of the pulse points with the tremendous Eau Sauvage leaves me set up for the day.
A7F02FAA-B6F9-4DA7-A23E-1C79366827EE.jpeg

Sunday 28th January

Olive Oil Soap and RSC Facial Scrub
Vitos Preshave Cream
Palmolive Shaving Cream with Sweet Orange. Patchouli and Cedarwood EOs
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
Semogue 1250 Boar Brush
Gillette Red Tip TTO B 1 with a Treet Durasharp Carbon Steel Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Groomed ASB
Pashana AS

The second of my 3 recent rediscoveries ...a little rougher and it did require a little readjustment to return it to full working order. Definitely more aggressive than the original TTO....but still tame when compared to many of the razors currently found.
Three passes gave a lovely BBS shave:)

Enjoy the remainder of the weekend!

Sun 28th Jan

RazoRock Syn. 22mm
Cyril Salter Solid Soap
ATT SE1
Schick Proline ( 11 )
Pitralon Polar A/S lotion

Today's Shave confirmed for me why the ATT is my favourite AC/SE, Shaves so easily and smoothly even with the blade on its 11th outing.Despite it's weight it can be used with precision to get rid of all stubborn growth. Excellent close Shave attained

I have tied the Brass General and others,but as I find that I can use the ATT as a daily Shaver without discomfort, I do not need to try the much loved S/S General. Very odd that I cannot get a proper Shave from the Sabre L1 or the ATT SE G1, so for me the AC/SEs beat the modern Gem contenders.

IMG_0510.jpg

SOTD 20180128.

9w2zSUW.jpg

Semogue 1250.
Crown King "Alt-Eleven" (sample).
7 O'Clock NEW / custom handle.
Kai Stainless (10).
Rebul Mandarine EdC.

28/1/18

Brush - Omega 80265
Soap - Savon Du Midi
Razor - DE89
Blade - Asco Orange (1)
Post - Benjamin's Bay Rum

A much better lather with the Savon Du Midi but the soap seems to create some skin irritation so I can't see myself using it again.

First time using the Asco Orange, a very nice blade.

SOTD

Weenkend off first in three weeks no more one pass and out the door to work pamper time for me.
Long shower usual prep

Bloom water from puck
Soap paa CaD my favourite
Brush 404
Bideford personalised shaving bowl
Razor Timor 1350 great smooth shave
Blade new feather
Alum and cold water rinse
Nivea post shave
paa CaD cologne

7E5FEDF9-962B-45D0-ACFA-44AB9F2B2E84.jpeg

SOTD_20170128.jpg

• Safety Razor: Wolfman - Guerrilla 316L
  • Blade: Kai
  • Shaving Brush: Paladin - 26mm Chief Butterscotch Marble
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Reef Point Soaps - Command Presence
  • After-Shave: Truefitt & Hill - Trafalgar (Sample)

dIglJHxA_o.jpeg

Yaqi Mysterious Space 26mm Fan
iKon SBS
Supermax Diamond Edge Super Platinum (2)
Proraso Red Shaving Cream
Thayers Rose, Nivea Balm & Proraso Red Aftershave

At least now I know that the Proraso Pre-Shave was causing redness of my skin, no issues with the cream or splash. Which would corroborate the same redness with the White Pre-Shave. Shaving cream lathered superbly with the Yaqi, the cap on the cream did break so I have use some cling film until I run out. About half a tube left.

I'm undecided on this razor, it gives a good shave but I always end up with weepers on my jawline, which I put down to the geometry and thickness of the head. It's under review for a potential sale! The blade was ok, final use tomorrow but I don't see myself getting these in the future, tried it and that's good enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom