SOTD : Saturday 27th January - Friday 2nd February 2018.

Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Brush: Stirling Synthetic 24mm
Soap: Stirling Mountain Man

55978fd432df5d2442f432c4f91b04ba.jpg

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Sotd - Thursday - 01/02/18 -

Razor - Schick I1
blade - Japanese market twin (1)
brush - Semogue 2000 boar
soap - SV Tundra Artica
post - witch hazel
a/s - Lea Classic
balm - BBA.

Result - my my - that was good.

Resistance is futile. I did say that I was going to try my favourite de's for a while - the Mergress, Slant 37 and Slim - which I did, but they are just not as good as my vintage razors for me. The last shave was with an English 1912 - it reminded me of what I was missing. I stuck one of the non-vintage Schick twin blades in the I1 razor for the first time tonight - you can get them from a well known auction site from a UK supplier or direct from the orient if you want to play customs and excise roulette. Both types of razor can give me a bbs shave but - somehow - the vintage ones are just easier on my skin. No idea why. Thankfully due to experience my post shave regime will sort out any feeling of 'rawness' with a de but the single edges - in this case twin - are just milder and equally efficient. Don't make the same mistake I did in my shaving journey - I thought that the - frankly - odd looking in some cases razors - like the ER or Schick require greater experience or enhanced technique. No they don't. For me they are just better - why reinvent the wheel? Unless they are particularly rare models or in mint condition - in their original cases - these thing turn up on bst commonly for - on average - about twenty quid. Give it a go if you haven't already. The shave helped no end by the SV soap - it really is superb. I just wish I could find an aftershave that was the match of it. It really is thirsty soap though. It is surprising how much water you need to add to get to the sweet spot. Even with the Semogue 2000 - the Behemoth. A great brush - it breaks in really quickly - if your face is big enough. So - job done - top end shave - bbs in two passes. Enjoy your shaves one and all - yours - I.

Sotd - Thursday - 01/02/18 -

Razor - Schick I1
blade - Japanese market twin (1)
brush - Semogue 2000 boar
soap - SV Tundra Artica
post - witch hazel
a/s - Lea Classic
balm - BBA.

Result - my my - that was good.

Resistance is futile. I did say that I was going to try my favourite de's for a while - the Mergress, Slant 37 and Slim - which I did, but they are just not as good as my vintage razors for me. The last shave was with an English 1912 - it reminded me of what I was missing. I stuck one of the non-vintage Schick twin blades in the I1 razor for the first time tonight - you can get them from a well known auction site from a UK supplier or direct from the orient if you want to play customs and excise roulette. Both types of razor can give me a bbs shave but - somehow - the vintage ones are just easier on my skin. No idea why. Thankfully due to experience my post shave regime will sort out any feeling of 'rawness' with a de but the single edges - in this case twin - are just milder and equally efficient. Don't make the same mistake I did in my shaving journey - I thought that the - frankly - odd looking in some cases razors - like the ER or Schick require greater experience or enhanced technique. No they don't. For me they are just better - why reinvent the wheel? Unless they are particularly rare models or in mint condition - in their original cases - these thing turn up on bst commonly for - on average - about twenty quid. Give it a go if you haven't already. The shave helped no end by the SV soap - it really is superb. I just wish I could find an aftershave that was the match of it. It really is thirsty soap though. It is surprising how much water you need to add to get to the sweet spot. Even with the Semogue 2000 - the Behemoth. A great brush - it breaks in really quickly - if your face is big enough. So - job done - top end shave - bbs in two passes. Enjoy your shaves one and all - yours - I.

My search continues to find an EDT to match Tundra Artica too Iain.
The closest I've found is Aqua di Parma Oud. It gets in the same ball park after an hour or so on the dry down.

My search continues to find an EDT to match Tundra Artica too Iain.
The closest I've found is Aqua di Parma Oud. It gets in the same ball park after an hour or so on the dry down.

Thanks Rob- Aqua di Parma? Nothing cheaper then? No, it wouldn't be would it. Ha ha. I'll be passing through an airport soon so I shall see if I can try a sample or I think that ECI in Madrid sell it - where I am off to. Cheers - I.

Friday 2nd February

Olive Oil Soap and RSC Facial Scrub
Vitos Pre Shave Cream
Lea Shave Stick
Omega 10029 Boar Brush
Merkur 37C with a Treet Tez Carbon Steel Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Homemade Buttermix
Brut Alaska AS

An early start this morning as I am finishing the week with a UKAS inspection in work:(

3 passes for a lovely BBS shave. I just hope the rest of the day goes as well!

Back
Top Bottom