SOTD Saturday 26th November - Friday 2nd December 2016

c9Rkyu6l.png

Clean shaven, treated & moisturised. Ready for some Toys R Us shenanigans with my little rascals!

SOTD: 26th November 2016.
ASAT.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: warm shower:/Radox Fennel & Sea Minerals Shower Gel & Shampoo. / warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Razor: Fatip Grande.

Blade: Astra Superior Stainless .(new)

Brush: Semogue 1470 .

Soap: Cella+ 4 drops of Glycerine in the soap bowl.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Thayers Aloe Vera& Rose Petal Witch Hazel./ Brut Attraction Totale A/S.

The Real Shaving Co: Post Shave Soothing Balm .

My early trepidation of using an aggressive razor have finally came to a halt!..a new shave set up to start the weekend off, first time use of the Fatip Grande, and i must state was a sheer utter pleasure to use.;)..I've finally found my "shaving method" that really works for me, which is training my mind to shave the lather off, rather than the stubble..i've carried this method out with my last 3 shaves and wonderful results where rewarded.:)..i still however haven't become complacent and getting cocky with myself thinking i've mastered DE shaving..oh no that would end in a painful bloody shaving experience.:eek:..The fatip Grande gave me a 3 pass+ pick up's silky smooth shave, with no irritation or other shaving errors to report.I'm ready for the weekend..Enjoy your day gentlemen.;)

Last edited:
Greetings

Saturday 26th November 2016
Prep: Shower
Razor: Unbranded French
Blade: Heljestrand
Brush: Muhle Synthetic XL
Soap: Tabac Stick
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDP: Guerlain Jicky

Regards
Dick.

View attachment 22226
New fragrance purchase @Norfolkdick? I've heard the lemon & lavender combination is great on it.

Greetings

Saturday 26th November 2016
Prep: Shower
Razor: Unbranded French
Blade: Heljestrand
Brush: Muhle Synthetic XL
Soap: Tabac Stick
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDP: Guerlain Jicky

Regards
Dick.

View attachment 22226
I love Jicky...that must be the first time that I've seen it in the Guerlain beehive bottle.

Sat 26th Nov

RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
P & B Spitfire soap
Gillette Fat Boy
Lab Blue [ 3 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
La Toja A/S lotion

My Third DE Adjustable Shave, this time used a Fat Boy. Had a better pre wash today, and with a good
lather had a much more satisfactory shave than the last time I used it. A moderate setting worked well in most areas, apart from parts of the neck where I perhaps should have dialled t up a bit to get closer finish.
To end the adjustable shaves have already transferred the Blade to a Slim. If I risked going to a 5th blade use, i could always search out the little used Russian Black Beauty clone :):eek:

IMG_1032.jpg

New fragrance purchase @Norfolkdick? I've heard the lemon & lavender combination is great on it.
Good Morning Ross
I really like it, but it is really quite gentle and although fairly long lasting it does not have much in the way of sillage. I think it is the civet (synthetic civet in reality) that really makes it. One can only imagine just how wonderful a fragrance this was in the late 1800's when it was first released, it must have undergone numerous reformulations since. I have purchased several 'female' fragrances lately and although there are are some I would not wear there are are a whole lot more I would and do wear.

Regards
Dick.

Saturday 26th
Virginia Sheng Purtech
De Vergulde Hand - Extra Fresh
Rocnel MD SE-P-2016-TR
½ Voskhod Teflon Coated #1
Alum > Rinse > Duru Mandarin Cologne
Gillette Pro 3in1 Balm
IMG_20161125_212053.jpg

Last shave in my rotation with the Rocnel and another very pleasant result. I'm averaging 2to3, 3 pass shaves with each ½ blade.
It also helps to have a good performing soap. DE next.

See you later :)

Back
Top Bottom