SOTD: Saturday 26th August-Friday 1st September 2017.

Evening gentlemen,
And what a lovely one it is too.
Lazy day again today really, few hours sat on the ride on mower, bit of tidying around the place.
Topped off with a half decent shave for me, not completely bbs but close enough.
Can of Stella in hand, marinated pigeon breast strips on the barbie ready to go into pitta breads with fresh salad from the garden and poly. Does it come much better.
Rockwell razor
Permasharp stainless blade
Executive shave pre oil
Grosvenor boar brush
Tangerine and patchouli soap
Superdrug as balm
Parfums de Marley 's Herod.
IMAG1224_1.jpg

Last edited:
Monday AM 2017-08-28

Georgetown Pottery G12 Scuttle (Hamada and Persimmon)
D7 Elite Razor Manchurian 2-Band (27mm/51mm)
Figaro P.160 shaving soap (tallow) + Truefitt & Hill Lavender shaving cream
Weber Polished Head/Stork Pinsk Titanium
Wilkinson Light Brigade (5)
Azzaro aftershave
1li3mMe.jpg

Monday 28th August

SOTD 28th Aug.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Charcoal Face Wash and Proraso Green
Razor: Rocnel SE-G (Pass around)
Blade: GEM PTFE (#2) (Modified by rounding the corners off)
Brush: Mason Pearson Super Badger
Cream: La Toja
AS: Alcolado Glacial

Second shave with the Rocnel SE-G pass around, I managed an excellent two pass shave today, I stopped at two passes as I spotted a tiny weeper on my chin, but two passes were good enough. I must have taken NO PRESSURE too far yesterday as regular no pressure today worked fine and required only one pass on a day and half growth.

I am very impressed, the razor looks good and feels great in the hand but, I am already thinking why would I buy this razor when I have a 1912 ER and a few other Ever Ready and Gem SE Razors that all shave great.

Evening shave.

Nivea Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil.
Haslinger Honig Soap.
Maseto 30mm 2 Band Finest.
Little Wren Pottery.
Asylum Evolution (on loan).
Gillette Nacet (1).
OSP Grapefruit and Menthol Aftershave Tonic.
BBA Post Shave Balm.

Experimented with a 4 pass shave today (wtg/xtg/xtg/atg) to see if it eliminated the need for pick-ups. It did, perhaps unsurprisingly, without adding significant extra time to the routine. A very comfortable shave for BBS without any irritation either during or post shave. Finished with a nice touch of menthol on this warm London evening.

4b6b06dc4687f2528c0f58bf4bee7eb1.jpg

A good trade with Benz3ne, thanks Ben, got me these two, my first shave with a 1912, night & day versus the ATT G1 that I returned, this old thing took most of it off in one pass!

The blade although secure seemed to flex a bit or my imagination? Struggled to get right under the nose but probably technique, very smooth finish.
The Sanskrit has a decent scent, a chewy kind of soap compared to the other p&b, not sure on my lather workings here!

Just a simple SOTN

Pre shave
Clarins men pre shave oil

Razor
Feather AS D2

Blade
Voskhod

Bowl
Saponificio varesino grail lathering bowl

Soap
TOBS Jermyn Street

Post shave
Thayer witch hazel lemon
Nivea 2 phase aftershave lotion

Don't often use voskhod blades but thought I'd try one for a change, not the smoothest of shaves but no irritation DFS

20170828_191049-jpg.17020

Prep: Cool shower and L'Oreal Charcoal face wash
Pre: Bloom water
Razor: Micromatic Clog Pruf (on loan)
Razor blade: GEM Personna (5)
Brush: Semogue OC badger
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Manna di Sicilian

Tonight's shaves was one of those where I had no idea what to use (apart from the Brush, more about that later).
I hadn't shaved since Thursday evening so I needed something to handle a fair amount of growth. I briefly contemplated using the Fatip or ATT S2 (my usual "go-to" razors) but the Clog Pruf (on loan from @Boru62) won out. It didn't let me down either.

Onto the Semogue OC. I've only just bought it after seeing so many in SOTD posts and reading many good reports.
I wasn't disappointed with the knot. It whipped up a lather in no time but I couldn't get on with the handle at all. I found it very uncomfortable to hold. :(
If anyone fancies buying it off me drop me a PM.

Oh and if any has a Clog Pruf they no longer use please PM also. I'm sure I could give it a loving home.;):)

Laters
Rob

Last edited:
Tuesday

Olive Oil Soap
3P Preshave cream
Vitos Green Soap
TSN Semogue 2012 LE Badger/Boar Brush
Ming Shi 2000S (2.5) with a Bic Platinum
Alum Block and Rinse
Homemade Buttermix
Denim Original AS

First day back to work and it is a 12 hr shift:(. Way to much sun over the holiday so I used a DE adjustable wound down to 2.5.
Quick and effective 3 pass shave today...with no touch ups.

4b6b06dc4687f2528c0f58bf4bee7eb1.jpg

A good trade with Benz3ne, thanks Ben, got me these two, my first shave with a 1912, night & day versus the ATT G1 that I returned, this old thing took most of it off in one pass!

The blade although secure seemed to flex a bit or my imagination? Struggled to get right under the nose but probably technique, very smooth finish.
The Sanskrit has a decent scent, a chewy kind of soap compared to the other p&b, not sure on my lather workings here!
Glad you like them pal. It's definitely one of the more "plasticky" soaps when it comes to lathering but it's easy to load and makes a great lather! :)
Did you manage to use the included shim I left there? :) it made a real difference for angle for me, making it a steeper one! :) I don't recall any flex at any point though. There's plenty of tension in the top cap, just make sure the blade is at the stops by the comb and you're right! :)

SOTD: 29th August 2017.
3c.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men ~ Active Clean Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush:Omega S10065 Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Cream : Boots ~ Cool Cologne Lather Shave Cream.

Blade:Gillette 7'0Clock SharpEdge.(1)

Razor: Fatip grande.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block.Lemon/Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture. / Floid ~ Mentolado Vigoroso Aftershave.

Arko ~ Fresh Aftershave Balm.

Greetings,

It's been sometime since i last used the Fatip grande in my razor rotation, and wow!, is this an efficient lady,
we all experiment with razor/blade duo's to see which give us the best results,some instantly gel together,some don't,
i've found a superb blade partner for my Fatip grande.

A wonderful 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Floid Mentolado Vigoroso Aftershave.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom