SOTD : Saturday 25th April - Friday 01 May 2020

This evening saw a shave themed 'Juxtapose'

View attachment 53911

This shave was brought to you in glorious technicolor

Ikon B1
Polsilver Lodz
Razorock 400
L'Occitane Cade in some mocking Wilkinson Sword tub. @Boycie83 has a cheap arsed approach to containers but I can't complain too much as it was gifted to me
Tin of mushy peas by Batchelors

@Digimonkey this shave is dedicated to you in colour due to complaints that my life is too black and white of recent.

If you have somehow managed to read any of my SOTD's (if not, neither would I if I were you) you will by now know exactly how I feel in regards to the B1. Nothing has changed and once again this fluffy pup turned in a sterling performance worthy of any shaving Oscar. Controlled aggressiveness in stainless steel. Brilliant. Throw in one of the finest blades ever grown in Poland and life is in shaving heaven.

Despite being presented in some cheap plastic tub the Cade is an absolute gem. Lathers so so easily into a stonking thick cream of shaving medium. Everything to love and nothing to hate........ except the cheap container

View attachment 53913

Nasty. :sick:

More importantly one fantastically smooth shave and down to the level where any remaining bristles have given up the ghost and decided a mass exodus was a better option than facing the Ikon.

Anyway I'll end this Smashing shave with a fluffy kitten and a lovely video you have seen before which I just love

May you all and your families be safe, healthy and happy during these testing times
Otoboke Beaver- LMAO!

Sunday

Arko (grated stick)
Kent Infinty synth
Face lather
Merkur 41C/1904
Polsilver SI (4)
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Fine Italian Citrus

I know Arko can divide us, but I really like it. For me, it performs well and whilst some associate the smell with urinal cakes, I get neroli (which maybe opens up a debate as to whether certain urinal cakes use neroli as an ingredient or not).

Another nice mild shave from the 1904 and finished off with the Fine.

FCFBD6F7-F4AC-4513-B91B-AEECA0E3031F.jpeg

Sunday's Shave

The Blackbird continues to Shine !

A Cold water shave again , that shouldn't work but it does

Preshave: African Black Soap
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: German Personna Platinum
Brush: Shavemac 24mm Synthetic
Soap: Signature Soap Vectis
Splash: Quorum
Balm: Bart's Unscented
EDT: Essence Acqua Fresh (Lidl)

20200426_111026 2.jpg

26 April 2020 – noon – Sunday is Stirling Day!
1 ½ days' growth – good all round shave – lovely coconut aroma.

Prep: Artisan Honey Soap & Nuage Shave Oil
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Razor: MÜHLE R89
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (5)
Soap: Stirling Coconut Lime
After: Cold Water Splash - Ajanta Alum - Autograph ASB
Bold = change from last shave

26/4/20

Brush - Omega 11819
Soap - Vitos Red
Razor - Yaqi DOC
Blade - Rapira Swedish Supersteel (4)
Post - Witch Hazel/Alum
Balm - Nivea Cooling
AS - Benjamin's Bay Rum

4th and last shave with the Rapira today, it was fairly rough and I picked up a weeper above the lip, and needed the alum block to close it up.

A few shaves on the bounce without my 11819 losing bristles, very odd....

Have a good Sunday chaps.

Sun 26th SOTD
Ice Water Shave...Pre & Post
Soaps
Tabacum Crepito
Brush Omega Boar
Razor Gillette British RFB #88
Blade Feather 2nd
Aftershave
Special Thayers Mix
PAA Cavendish
Today try ice cold water shave from start to end. Recommendations from a shave member. Ice cold face lather... Interesting indeed hahahaha. Almost numbing..but good lather result. Just not much of a scent from the soap. Dip razor in ice water prior to shave...again paired with same feather. 3pass WTG, XTG & ATG is enough. Ice water rinse between passes. Really refreshing. However, felt razor burn and had some weepers. Postshave rinse with more ice water and soothe with special Thayers felt better. Cavendish really sealed the deal and makes it a good session. Long lasting scent too. BBS to DFS+ with rating of 8.5/10. I did enjoyed this ice water shave...will try again...
Thanks to @Satanfriendly
20200426_110254.jpg
20200426_111303.jpg

This evening saw a shave themed 'Juxtapose'

View attachment 53911

This shave was brought to you in glorious technicolor

Ikon B1
Polsilver Lodz
Razorock 400
L'Occitane Cade in some mocking Wilkinson Sword tub. @Boycie83 has a cheap arsed approach to containers but I can't complain too much as it was gifted to me
Tin of mushy peas by Batchelors

@Digimonkey this shave is dedicated to you in colour due to complaints that my life is too black and white of recent.

If you have somehow managed to read any of my SOTD's (if not, neither would I if I were you) you will by now know exactly how I feel in regards to the B1. Nothing has changed and once again this fluffy pup turned in a sterling performance worthy of any shaving Oscar. Controlled aggressiveness in stainless steel. Brilliant. Throw in one of the finest blades ever grown in Poland and life is in shaving heaven.

Despite being presented in some cheap plastic tub the Cade is an absolute gem. Lathers so so easily into a stonking thick cream of shaving medium. Everything to love and nothing to hate........ except the cheap container

View attachment 53913

Nasty. :sick:

More importantly one fantastically smooth shave and down to the level where any remaining bristles have given up the ghost and decided a mass exodus was a better option than facing the Ikon.

Anyway I'll end this Smashing shave with a fluffy kitten and a lovely video you have seen before which I just love

May you all and your families be safe, healthy and happy during these testing times

I too have L`Occitane Cade stored in a Blue Wilkinson Bowl, a big step up for that Bowl after holding the Awful
Wilkie soap.

Sunday AM 2020-04-26

Rooney 2/1 Ivory Finest (22/56)
Acqua di Parma Colonia shaving soap (vintage)
Paradigm Titanium II
Personna 74 Tungsten (2)
Acqua di Genova 1853 aftershave

yoM8yD6.jpg

25 & 26 April

Saturday
Wickham 1912 Magnum
Simfix Barrule 2 band super
Rockwell 6S (R4)
Feather Hi-stainless
Nivea 2 Phase asl
YSL Y