SOTD : Saturday 25 th - Friday 31th May 2019

SOTD 20190529.

a2fnBCg.jpg

J&T® purpleheart / Oumo Brush synth.
St. James of London "Lavender&Geranium" shaving cream.
RR Game Changer GC84-P / Stork Ti "Taipan" handle.
Rainbow Super Stainless (6).
St. James of London "Lavender&Geranium" Post-Shave Gel.

Wednesdays Shave and a belter it was.

I love the SLOC it makes the coolest noise , would love to own an original Grand Shave King. The other components were all excellent and made for an extremely pleasant shave.

Preshave: Vitos
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica
Razor: Razorock Sloc
Blade: Gillette Yellow Sharp Edge
A/S: Bart's Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Lotion
Balm: Bart's Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm
EDT: Copycat TV

Wednesday.jpg

Soap: Eufros GEA
Razor: ATT M1
Blade: GSB
Brush: Razorock BC Silvertip
Bowl: Executive Shaving handmade

Many thanks to Rob @Blackmass for the Eufros. My first foray into the world of soap. Seems to have some kind of magical properties, very slick and face felt great after. Even finished off with an ATG, not something I do often at all. Seemed to work with a very shallow, cap riding angle and just 3 weepers ATG is probably a record for me. Main difference was that my face wasn't red raw after ATG as it has been with other gear. A welcome return after a couple of crap cart shaves at the weekend where half an hour later I wasn't sure I'd shaved at all. Great stuff !

View attachment 44218

Many thanks for the tag. My pleasure, glad you enjoy the Eufros...I was confident you would though.

Cheers
Rob

29/5/19

Razor - Yaqi OC
Blade - Treet 7 Days (2)
Soap - Speick
Brush - Yaqi Rainbow
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Cooling Kick
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum Mentholated

A rare outing for a razor and soap I don't use as much as I should. The Yaqi OC head is very mild (not the DOC, but the Merkur OC clone head) and it worked really well with the Treet 7 Days, which is much sharper than I expected, it was reasonably sharp for the first sharp but seemed to be much sharper on the 2nd.

Speick produces a superb lather and I really should use it more. The German shaving sticks be it Tabac, Speick, Palmolive and Wilkinson are all in the top bracket of performers.

NSS ‘Moroccan Sands'
Wolfwiskers Ubersoft 2
Merkur Futur
Personna Lab Blue #4

Used the exotic scented soap which is great, broke out the Futur which I rarely use due to its heavy weight and struggle to clear out area under nostrils cleanly but the razor is ruthlessly efficient leaving a very smooth face. Added bonus I missed reopening the nick on my lip. [emoji106]

A Williams Wednesday - 29th May

The Grosvenor [ 404- mixed ]
Williams Mug Soap
Schick E2 -Canada
Schick single- Japan [ 8 ]
WilliamsAqua Velva A/S Lotion

A good start to this rotation with one of my new favourites. This E2 is smooth and comfortable and actually quite forgiving , not normally a word associated with E2s. Shave wise it delivers a typical E2 top quality close finish. I will continue the rotation with those Injectors that only use a single blade, and round off with the Twin Blade users.

IMG_0510.jpg

29/05/19

Occam,O&P RR.jpg

Pre shave prep: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Razorock 400
Soap: OSP Orange and Patchouli
Razor: Occam Classic V1 Plate #2
Blade: Feather Pro Blade (5)
Post shave: Alum Block, Cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Oil
A/S: OSP Orange and Patchouli

DFS after a busy day of shopping and Alchemy completing two versions of Bay Rum Splash
A Great lather from the OSP and RR400 supporting a very comfortable 3 pass shave.
The Occam's Classic is really starting to feel natural the more it is used. It is a really Comfortable shaver, easy to load, unload and clean.
Nothing from the Alum Block, Cold water splash then re-moisturised with the Barts Cinnamon and Patchouli scented Balm and Oil , it works well with the soap carrying on the fragrance leaving the skin soft & supple until the OSP matching aftershave went on, Just Dandy.
BBS shave, smelling great and another very nice shaving experience.
Have a great night all.

Back
Top Bottom