SOTD: Saturday 25 November - Friday 1 December 2023.

Tuesday 28th November
GEM Micromatic Clog-pruf - GEM Stainless #5 - Highlander TSR LE 2023 - Vitos Red Super - Superdrug Sierran Breeze AS - Aloe Vera Gel
1000016740-01.jpg

Love it, when I was on Facebook I followed Simon's Cat for a couple of years, but haven't seen any since COVID when I left Facebook. Wonderful series, I had forgotten how good they are, please keep them coming!

SOTD 29-Nov
20231128_131442 (1)-02.jpeg
Brush: Dogwood DG B16
Soap: WK New York
Razor: Razorock Wunderbar
Blade: Treet Platinum

I went a bit daft this past Black Friday or is it month now? I dunno, but deals galore. This one was courtesy of Rasoigoodfellas, took a while to arrive but completely understandable considering the scale of the sale they had going.

I was pulled in by this one with its scent notes on coffee, and did I smell any coffee...no, bugger. Is it pleasant, yes definitely, still a little disappointed mind.

Maybe I'll find a decent coffee scent one day, Hoffmans Affogato comes close but performance isn't mind blowing and I really want a strong espresso type effort.

Still smelling decent and wonderfully smooth courtesy of the fantastic Wunderbar, so far this razor has helped me to side step the 'Need' to get my hands on the Konsul!

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Love it, when I was on Facebook I followed Simon's Cat for a couple of years, but haven't seen any since COVID when I left Facebook. Wonderful series, I had forgotten how good they are, please keep them coming!
I came across a Simon's cat book whilst dusting a bookshelf. It reminded me how well Simon Tofield observed cat behaviour along with great humour.
They will continue.

IMG_3835.jpeg
SOTD: 27/11/2023

Razor: PAA Starling
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated Single Edge Blades , 3rd use
Brush: Highlander Olive Wood Boti New Tuxedo
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Vetimore Shaving Butter Puck
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: Lattafa Oud Mood EdC

All 3 shaves were winners with the surprising new GEM addition to the den! I love it!

29/11/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 Synth
Soap - HWF #1 Patchouli & Cedarwood
Razor - Kampfe Star HR-14A (1902)
Blade - Henkel's Rapide
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond - Cinnamon & Patchouli
A/S - Signature Soap Danum
Wk 48 Hone (3).jpg
I had the stones out the other week to see if i could improve the edges on my Henkel's and Wilkinson Pall Mall blades.
The Honing/Stropping blade holders are showing some signs of wear so i used some tape on both of them.
The Henkel's was easy enough to replicate the bevel however the Wilkinson blade were out quite a bit.
Anyway, I completed a full progression on 4 blades.

Wk 48 (5).jpgWk 48 (5a).jpg
Today i used the freshly honed Henkel's blade in the Kampfe Star, a perfect fit.
Initially the blade felt smooth on the cheeks and neck but felt a bit harsh on the chin area, i completed 2 passes and some touch up, I checked with an alum rub which did give a little indication on the neck, the rinse off check gave me a very acceptable finish.
I will see if the edge settles next time out.
Enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom