SOTD Saturday 24th September - Friday 30th

Raffin razor, synthetic Muhle modified Chartsworth EJ brush, Tuscan Oud shaving soap, Dalvey Decuria AS

062%20Sat%2024%20Sept%202016.jpg

How do you like the scent Clint? I think it is absolutely wonderful .

I really enjoyed the overall performance of the soap. I was not sure about the scent off the puck since this is the first floral type scent I have tried. Lathering opened up more notes rounding things out and allowed me to appreciate the scent much more. Overall it is a very deep, rich floral scent.

There's been some forum traffic about Gillette Nacet blades, so I thought I'd try one...

Pre-shave: Glyce soap wash / Myrsol Emulsion pre-shave cream
Shave: Phoenix & Beau Sanskrit / Unbranded synthetic brush / EJDE89/Braveheart Hybrid + Gillette Nacet (1)
Post-shave: Coal Tar soap wash / Cold water rinse + Alum / Proraso Green AS splash / Nivea Sensitive balm

View attachment 20880

The Nacet is a really good blade - instantly up there with my favourites: Voskhod and Personna. Really smooth 2-pass shave, no irritation or burn. Highly recommended! Have a good day!:):)

Love the pot and brush. The Nacet blades are brilliant.

Last edited:
Gave the newly acquired English Ever Ready 1912 (September 2016 Acquisitions q.v.) a whirl this evening.

Bulldog Face Wash and Proraso Green Pre-shave
Semogue 1470
The Fat
Face lather
1912 patent Ever Ready SE 'Made in England'
Gem Personna Stainless #2
Thayer's, Proraso Green pre-shave and splash
Philip Glass 'The Hours' ost

Proceeded very carefully; as the English 1912 has a reputation for being a bit more vicious than its American counterpart.

Lovely smooth finish, with no drama or even the slightest bit irritation in neck land. Just paid even more attention to the common sense stuff: careful prep; time taken; plenty product and no pressure whatsover. I can't remember who I read saying that a good measure of the pressure to use is to imagine that you're shaving the lather, not the whiskers, during each pass.

The usual lovely post-shave feel from the Fat; which gave great protection for the 1912.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend, folks

S.

Love the pot and brush. The Nacet blades are brilliant.
Thanks Blackmass and +1 about the Nacet blades. Not sure who started talking about them in TSR (was in BM?) but I'm glad to hear about them. The brush was a nice surprise...I took a chance on it and it turned out to be an excellent replacement for the Razorock Plissoft that I knackered:(;). The pot is a trinket pot that I re-purposed for shaving soap...I've built up a collection of ceramic pots specifically for my soaps...they just seem to go together, and this particular pot is based on an Asian design that seemed to be right for P&B 'Sanskrit'. I was thinking of featuring some more of them in SOTD posts, but tbh the one I like most is not mine...it's fancontroller's King of Hearts pot!:(;):)

Thanks Blackmass and +1 about the Nacet blades. Not sure who started talking about them in TSR (was in BM?) but I'm glad to hear about them. The brush was a nice surprise...I took a chance on it and it turned out to be an excellent replacement for the Razorock Plissoft that I knackered:(;). The pot is a trinket pot that I re-purposed for shaving soap...I've built up a collection of ceramic pots specifically for my soaps...they just seem to go together, and this particular pot is based on an Asian design that seemed to be right for P&B 'Sanskrit'. I was thinking of featuring some more of them in SOTD posts, but tbh the one I like most is not mine...it's fancontroller's King of Hearts pot!:(;):)
It was @Steve Bowles who reminded me about the Gillette Nacet blade in his post " best shave ever" and after reading what Steve had to say about them I ordered 25 of them from a UK seller on the bay, once I tried them I had to agree with what Steve had said and went ahead and ordered 500 of these little beauty's and have used nothing else since, not only are they sharper than my other faves the Astra SPs but just as smooth. They have been used in all of my DE razors and work fantastically in all of them.
It's true I have been raving on about them ever since but can not take the credit for bringing them to our attention .
Thank you Steve for your post and reminding me about these fab blades.

It was @Steve Bowles who reminded me about the Gillette Nacet blade in his post " best shave ever" and after reading what Steve had to say about them I ordered 25 of them from a UK seller on the bay, once I tried them I had to agree with what Steve had said and went ahead and ordered 500 of these little beauty's and have used nothing else since, not only are they sharper than my other faves the Astra SPs but just as smooth. They have been used in all of my DE razors and work fantastically in all of them.
It's true I have been raving on about them ever since but can not take the credit for bringing them to our attention .
Thank you Steve for your post and reminding me about these fab blades.
Well I guess it's your raving that made me notice them then. I ordered 25...I'm not sure I would like to tempt fate by ordering 500;)

Well I guess it's your raving that made me notice them then. I ordered 25...I'm not sure I would like to tempt fate by ordering 500;)
It was just pure economics that pushed me to order 500, at that price it was a no brainer and a good blade will still be a good blade even in two years time, I was prepared to pay the higher price for 25 blades from the UK vendor just to see if they were that good and they was. I expect he buys his by the 1000 and then splits them down.

It was just pure economics that pushed me to order 500, at that price it was a no brainer and a good blade will still be a good blade even in two years time, I was prepared to pay the higher price for 25 blades from the UK vendor just to see if they were that good and they was. I expect he buys his by the 1000 and then splits them down.
Economicso_O Go figure;)

Back
Top Bottom