SOTD 20180330.

tRrYcgE.jpg

Yaqi model R151016-S2.
Extro "Shantala".
PAA OC slant.
Lord Cool (7).
Butterfly Florida water.

SOTD - 30/3/18

I cant take credit for this one. A little treat. A visit to my favourite barbers for a full on wet shave experience. Pre-shave oils, hot towels and the skilled hand of Byron. If you are in the West Yorkshire area, I can highly recommend Lord's Barbering, The Grand Arcade, Leeds. A wonderful, and relaxing experience. All I caught was that Dapper Dan cream was being used. If that wasnt enough, The Traditional Shaving Company is opposite. Boom.

C5w4_VAXQAEdEWh.jpg

fullsizeoutput_28e.jpeg

First use of the 1912, it seems to have taken me longer than most to give one of these a go. Comfortable and close; the balance, weight and aesthetics together with being able to place the blade edge accurately in the peaks and troughs of my face, chimed with me. Enjoyable to use...

S5GEQndY_o.jpg

The Body Shop Synthetic Shaving Brush
Gillette Rocket
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (2)
The Body Shop Maca Root Shaving Cream
The Body Shop Maca Root Razor Relief & Crabtree and Evelyn Sevillian Neroli

Digging through the cupboards found a The Body Shop shaving gift set I don't think I have ever used, I remember getting it in a sale for £4. I have owned their cream for a few years and it is very good if you can handle the smell of it, mine seems to have muted, gives great protection and I do wonder why I only seem to use it very seldom. The brush does the job but is not something I think would last long, looks and feels very cheap (though isnt at £8!). The Razor Relief is vile smelling stuff, very pungent and does do the job but the scent would put me off it and has.

For todays shave I shaved before my shower with my only prep being a wet face cloth to moisten my face, I feel no difference to the shave whether I showered before or after. A shower before or no shower before neither helps or hinders my shave based on today.

Fri 30th March

Happy Easter:)
Razorback Plissoft 22mm
De Vergulde Hand
Schick C1
Schick Proline [ 1 ]
Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

I had intended to use the Type F today, and trial the C1 on my cheeks. However, after a few effective trial strokes I decided to go the whole hog- the Type F for Saturday?

Considering that this is an open comb Razor, it does not seem overly aggressive. I did not rush and in the initial clearance phase confined myself to short stokes. I had thought I might get problems whilst working on the Upper Lip and Chin, but the excellent lather by today`s soap, provided the necessary slide and cushion to prevent this. Considering that this is my first use of this Razor I am very pleased at the overall quality of finish, and the fact that it was totally fault free.

I shall not hesitate to use this Razor which many might view as an Antique, but actually delivers a better Shave than some of the later Schicks do [ for me anyway].

IMG_0315.jpg

View attachment 34430

First use of the 1912, it seems to have taken me longer than most to give one of these a go. Comfortable and close; the balance, weight and aesthetics together with being able to place the blade edge accurately in the peaks and troughs of my face, chimed with me. Enjoyable to use...
Great to see another happy 1912 convert.
Lovely 1912 BTW.

Edwin Jagger DE head + Trident Razors 'Albion' Ti LE handle, Astra Superior Platinum (#1)
APShave Co. 28mm SilkSmoke Butterscotch swirl
The Art of Shaving Unscented (tallow)
Aqua Velva
Noxzema
ActionPlus
Tom Ford Black Orchid

SOTD_30thMarch.JPG

Another silky smooth shave today, super clean at the end; this soap is obviously a terrific performer. The EJ head is less sweet than the Vigshaving dual comb one, I'm afraid. It drags just a bit more and its precision appears to be slightly less than that of the Vigshaving head.

Soho Joe Original Face Wash
Omega Pro49 Boar
OSP Barbershop soap
Geo. Wostenholm 6/8 Pipe Razor
A little alum, and
Pinaud Clubman After shave lotion

Good 3 passes - not quite as smooth as my last shave and a little more irritation, but finished with a DFS and a seriously enjoyable Clubman splash.

Have a lovely Easter weekend all

20180330_142036_1522416387532-1827x1371.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom