SOTD : Saturday 24th April to Friday 30th April 2021.

WEDNESDAY ‌04/28/21 SOTD
PRE: bloom water
RAZOR: iKon B1 Stainless Steel Slant Head
BLADE: Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
BRUSH: APShaveCo. 24mm Badger/Boar
SOAP: CF ‌Cedar & Spice ‌Shaving‌ ‌Soap‌

l2dqxD2.jpg

Wed 28th April.

The Grosvenor / 404-mixed
P & B Pall Mall
Gem Micromatic
Schick S/S Twin - Japan [ 9 ] :(
Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

Gem meets Schick !!

I was due to start an Injector/Twin blade rotation today. But having read of a chap using a Twin in a Micromatic I thought why not try it myself , as previously I had done it with a single and had good Shaves.

Today I used a blade ejected from my Schick I1, as I had reloaded that with a fresh blade and had it on standby if things went wrong. I made sure the blade was hard against the stops and locked it securely in place. The Schick I1 was not needed as The MM was very smooth and comfortable.and I had no problems getting a Top Notch close all round finish.

IMG_1427.jpg

It is Jay , first outing , it is a strange razor edge looks and feels like it should shave lovely , but the shave was very underwhelming. I will pop it on the Aiiwantani and see if i can crisp it up a bit.
Ahh you read my mind was going to ask how you were getting on..sounds like a bit of an oddity will be nice to hear how you go on with it mate, sounds like a challenge

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Rawr
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Nacet #14
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Male

0145258C-7005-4353-8114-BA302DABA29C.jpeg
Pre: massage with lather, hot towel to the face
Brush: yaqi 26mm mysterious space tuxedo
Soap: Boellis Panama 1924
Razor: Blackland Blackbird SB
Blade: super shave x #1

Been a while since I’ve used blackbird again - so decided to give it a few outings. Love this little razor - has the right weight and side to it for me. Paired it with super shave x blade which did perform well - it was smooth and sharp on its first outing - looking forward to the second one.

DFS+ achieved in 3 passes, with one tiny weeper where I’ve nicked a spot (again! ) .

Face is smooth and refreshed.

Enjoy your day Gentlemen!

28/04/21
Pre: Shower, Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush: Vintage Vulfix service #3 1950's
Soap: Hampshire Wool Fat
Razor: Pass-around Fatboy E1
Blade: Personna Med Prep (5)
Post shave: Cold water splash ,TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Aragn Oil and Balm
Aftershave: OSP Orange and Patchouli
Wk17 (5).JPG
Well that was a pleasant surprise!
First time using a Fatboy and it was a really nice experience, he is a really friendly fellow, the shave started with a nicely scented lather from the HWF, is still only get Patchouli with Cedarwood in the background, i really like it.
I fitted a 4 shave Med Prep and set the razor to #6.
The first pass WTG surprised me as it was smooth, efficient and a pretty mild shaving experience, i was not expecting that, for the XTG pass i opened the razor up #7, the gap is now visibly noticeable, the pass went well, although, i started to get a bit blade feel, nothing to worry about and at no time did it feel as if it was going to bite, i then backed the razor off to #6 to complete the ATG pass, i think that i would settle on #6 as the daily driver.
This blade is showing no signs of giving up the ghost soon.
A nice post shave finishing off with the OSP splash leaving me BBS, comfortable and smelling very nice.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

28 April

Extro Bergamoto di Calabria
Yaqi Dandelion
Yaqi Katana
1/2 Personna med prep
Floïd Mentolada Vogoroso

View attachment 68910

A super smooth close shave this morning with the little Katana and a lovely lather from the Extro and Dandelion. I’m pretty sure that the Katana gives me as close a shave as an R41 but with more consistency and less risk. Amazing.
The little Yaqi Katana was my last year found wonder!..And you're right, it gives a close shave as an Muhle R41...Superb. :love:

Last edited:
28/04/2021

Razor: Tatara Masamune
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: Stirling Finest
Soap: MdC Rose
ASL: Signature Soaps Eboracum
ASB: None

The A&E soap has taken its toll on my skin. Today I needed some good natural products to help the recovery. MdC and Signature Soaps to the rescue.
Sounds like “Thunderbirds are go!”

Back
Top Bottom