SOTD: Saturday 24 June - Friday 30 June 2023.

Shave no. 4 with the excellent modern London Bridge blade. Still sharp and smooth.

Coming to the end of the GD Lavender. I reckon there's one more shave in it. Same with the Wars Fresh. One more liberal application and it's done.
It's nice to use things up for a change!

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Mk. I Adjustable 195 'Fatboy' (1960)
Blade: London Bridge Modern
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Grooming Department English Lavender
Aftershave: Wars Fresh https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/649b1daa7561cd6e4045e4b7

Really? Today's shave arriving today? Indeed it is.

Managed to squeeze some time in at home this afternoon and the chance to shave with something away from my 'Take away box'. The same box my wife manages to take away all the time.

So here it is and a shave themed, 'Tuesday night take away'

20230627_150257.jpg

Crunchy pizza - Ikon B1
Pizza which isn't crunchy - Gillette 7-O'Clock
Steal this pizza - Zenith dark
6" or 12"? - Captain Fawcett's scarpicchio (Ask the wife)
Soggy pizza - L'Occitane Cade balm
'Those for me to wear?'
Wait a minute that was last night

'And the gloves are on for the best crunchy pizza competition decider'

Crunchy pizza. Something I never can get my head around, or am I just a heathen who doesn't understand cuisine?

What I can get my head around though is a damn fine razor, and the B1 is just that. It doesn't need dipping in batter and deep frying for it to work and neither does it do crunchy. What it does do is shave superbly smooth and that is exactly what it did on this occasion.

Captains are jolly good fellows and this chap Captain Fawcett does make exceedingly good soaps. Does anyone else use Fawcett's? You're missing a trick here as they really are pretty damn fine in every respect and certainly up there in my bunch of the best. The Zenith making a smashing job of making it soapy.

A heaven sent shave. And all this just to drive a fucking tug boat in the middle of the night. A wasted life.

And it is over to those trashy Bed In girls to see you out of this SOTD

Hot shower with Signature Soaps lime, lemon, lemongrass, sweet orange and lavender body soaps - a stunning citrus lather monster.
Noxzema Pre shave cream
Muhle Rocca R94
Gillette Platinum (1)
Yaqi Green Viper Boar 24mm
TGS Shibusa 2 Soap
Thayer's Cucumber WH
La Roche-Posay B5 balm
Signature Soaps Novus Spice AS splash - I can't get enough of the scent of this.
A beautiful shave was had.

IMG_20230627_193801.jpg

IMG_2058.jpeg
IMG_2058.jpeg

SOTD: 27/06/2023

Razor: Wolfman WR4
Blade: Kai Captain Mild Blue, 1st use
Brush: Highlander “Azzuri” Custom Brush Boti 4th Gen Pink 3 Color Synthetic Knot
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Stirling Campania Puck
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block
Fragrance: Stirling Campania Eau de Toilette

Another day, another good shave. Only good today and this was totally user error on my part. I decided to mess with the near perfect shaves I’d had so far and add a little pressure! Yes stupid breaking one of the key rules of wet shaving but I blame it on the Blackland email I received where they discussed the use of light razors and pressure. No idea why I tried to get closer on the near perfect shaves I’ve had so far, but after getting a few nicks on the neck taught me the error of my ways I returned to a blissful smooth shave I’ve had for the rest of week by taking a lighter more natural approach. Positively it worked easily with the Kai blades as well with no issues, and the rest of the shave was a breeze. Under the nose the shave is as accurate as the Vector, my Adam’s apple and slightly flabby neck are as smooth or more so than any shave I’ve ever had. If given the opportunity to swap just this prototype head for a my mirror polished Vector, I think I’d take the WR4 prototype in a heartbeat!

SOTN (Head & Face)

Face - DS S9 Razor (Razorock Bulldog handle), Seaforth Sea Spiced Lime (soap & toner), Lord Super Chrome blade
Head - Leaf razor, Mitchell's Wool Fat, Treet Platinum saloon blades
Alpha Outlaw brush (G5D knot)
Permafrost synthetic coolant
La Roche Posay B5 Balm

Attachments

• 1000005114.jpg
    1000005114.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 4
Tech June-kies ...

Tuesday 27th June

AJFCJaU2T6uDaIELqdKcO8sWOLvjdVwNBkpWwrM3tQU9tvbtNyFeEyakSw2M057yt8dEsvju_GAkqxNlzVJs8uYUQqWSACaan3TgQo4U9y7qFakz2F7QPiJXASWl11n7iPkXSPhVsSg6EkYUuoU_gFAKO5LNpA=w800

Coty (Vintage) Avocado Shaving Bowl & Ever-Ready 600N Lucite w/Tuxedo Synthetic 26mm
Gillette Tech (British 1940s No.26) & Gillette Winner (2)
Speick Aftershave

All Techs are perfect, but some are more perfect than others ... and this was one of them.

Delightful!

Made more so by the sumptuous lather from the vintage Coty soap, which is right up there as possibly my favourite soap of all time. Lather is similar to Savonniere du Moulin, which is like a shaving soap/skin lotion hybrid. Gorgeous!

This composition was endorsed by Elias:

AJFCJaUiLlph-CA60oY3O2EMOJaTIw1Whje20C7TiQ0OeOJSsOZFG_VV2efvQ02TSvsz6YPIJ40-Tm53JRavsKuAwWph9cbY4dptwTZwcBz4oxCRFz0-aEkIizmU4hGqLFKd_49X0DBftJrOKcarAKwSz07Nkg=w800

Last edited:
Tech June-kies ...

Tuesday 27th June

AJFCJaU2T6uDaIELqdKcO8sWOLvjdVwNBkpWwrM3tQU9tvbtNyFeEyakSw2M057yt8dEsvju_GAkqxNlzVJs8uYUQqWSACaan3TgQo4U9y7qFakz2F7QPiJXASWl11n7iPkXSPhVsSg6EkYUuoU_gFAKO5LNpA=w800

Coty (Vintage) Avocado Shaving Bowl & Ever-Ready 600N Lucite w/Tuxedo Synthetic 26mm
Gillette Tech (British 1940s No.26) & Gillette Winner (2)
Speick Aftershave

All Techs are perfect, but some are more perfect than others ... and this was one of them.

Delightful!

Made more so by the sumptuous lather from the vintage Coty soap, which is right up there as possibly my favourite soap of all time. Lather is similar to Savonniere du Moulin, which is like a shaving soap/skin lotion hybrid. Gorgeous!

This composition was endorsed by Elias:

AJFCJaUiLlph-CA60oY3O2EMOJaTIw1Whje20C7TiQ0OeOJSsOZFG_VV2efvQ02TSvsz6YPIJ40-Tm53JRavsKuAwWph9cbY4dptwTZwcBz4oxCRFz0-aEkIizmU4hGqLFKd_49X0DBftJrOKcarAKwSz07Nkg=w800
Gorgeous cat!!!! Great ears!!!!

SOTD 28-June
20230627_172335.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: A&E Tobacco Road
Razor: Merkur 39C
Blade: Wizamet

Another cracking shave, either I'm a fan of the razor itself or the slant format I'm not quite sure. Either which way I get a developer smooth and long lasting finish. It's not quite apples to apples but I'll try out the RR slant head tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Wed 28th June

Cyril Salter/ MS ED2band
Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus
RR Hawk V3- A plate
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 6 )

Not Daily shaving, but my last 6 Shaves have been with this Combo.Have enjoyed the Kai blade but think it may have past its best, so perhaps make a change tomorrow.

4B08C7E5-B564-4F10-AE7E-53F34C5C5D17.jpeg

Wed 28
Soap Shannon's Soap Silk Pajamas
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice
Razor Gold Dollar #208
Aftershave TGS Abysso Splash
The soap's lather is acceptable but the brush is tops with the splash second.
Despite being not good-looking, this razor's edge is just beautiful! Buttery smooth and crisp...for a dfs finish...

20230628_131948.jpg

28/06/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap - Faena Dorica
Razor - Lambda Athena
Blade - Bic Astor (Ελ.)
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Pashana Original
Wk 26 (5).jpg
I have to say i really enjoy using the Athena, today it was as smooth as silk as the blade seems to have settled right down on its second shave.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Sotd-28-06-23.png
Ikon X3 on ATT alu handle - Treet Classic carbon - Simpson Case pure - P&B Bluebird soap and splash.

Lovely - my first use of the P&B Bluebird - inspired by Creed Aventus. Not much point in discussing the soap base - it's reliably great as long as you give it enough water - which is more than you think in my experience. I've owned the original fragrance and this is a classy take on it - superior to RR Emperor or Fine Platinum in my opinion. The opening is less complex and 'fruity' than the real thing - no blackcurrant or pineapple - and it's missing the ambergris in the base but apart from that real nice. Definitely a keeper. Shave well one and all - cheers - I.

Thanks very much @Crossan - another seamless BST purchase. Five stars - :)

Last edited:
28 June

Wickham Club Cola
Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razorock Hawk v3
Schick Proline
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

80791739-CBD6-4945-9EF6-F5C41C70C182.jpeg
Lovely. The Club Cola lather smells good enough to eat…unfortunately it only tastes of soap. The Simpson brush created a wonderful, voluminous lather in no time and the Hawk was equally rapid in two passes. A smooth and very comfortable result.

Back
Top Bottom