SOTD Saturday 23rd Sept-Friday 29th Sept 2017

GVEJ5JLN_o.jpg

Omega 20102
Schick Krona
Schick Platinum Plus (1)
Phoenix and Beau Oberon
Thayers Rose, Nivea Men Cream & Cerutti 1881 Men

A nice Sunday shave, the Schick was great and the vintage blade was decent enough for an authentic 70's shave. I'll change it out tomorrow, want to try palm stropping with blades I am familiar with. My lather was very thin towards the end I knew from the start I should have loaded a little bit more but it was enough, just not as much as normal.

20170924_164526-jpg.18100

Prep: Hot shower and L'Oreal Charcoal face wash
Pre: Bloom water
Razor: The General
Razor blade: Proline (2)
Brush: shavemac snowman
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Soap: Eufros GEA

After yesterday's close shave with the Razorock stainless steel Hawk I was surprised how quickly my stubble grew back. I don't like to shave on consecutive days but needs must.

Sunday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash.
Razor - Supply-SE (V1.0) - Plate ** (comfort).
Blade - Schick Proline p-20 (Day 2).
Soap - D.R Harris Eucalyptus Shaving Cream.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons The Duke 2 Pure Badger.
Post shave - D R Harris Skin Tonic, followed by Ibiza-Aloe Aloe-Vera Gel and Floid Vigoroso Aftershave.

Another great shave with the Supply paired with the Proline p-20. The Proline p-20 definitely (YMMV) beings a different edge to the Supply-SE - I have moved from plate *** to plate **.

I'm glad I ordered 3 packets of the p-20's :)

I am also loving the Harris Eucalyptus shave cream and the Floid Vigoroso - so much, both are going to have a permanent place in my rotation.

All the best,

Chris

Last edited:
Sunday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash.
Razor - Supply-SE (V1.0) - Plate ** (comfort).
Blade - Schick Proline p-20 (Day 2).
Soap - D.R Harris Eucalyptus Shaving Cream.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons The Duke 2 Pure Badger.
Post shave - D R Harris Skin Tonic, followed by Ibiza-Aloe Aloe-Vera Gel and Floid Vigoroso Aftershave.

Another great shave with the Supply paired with the Proline p-20. The Proline p-20 definitely (YMMV) beings a different edge to the Supply-SE - I have moved from plate *** to plate **.

I'm glad I ordered 3 packets of the p-20's :)

I am also living the Harris Eucalyptus shave cream and the Floid Vigoroso - so much, both are going to have a permanent place in my rotation.

All the best,

Chris
+1 on the Floïd. Great stuff.

NpOqJbK.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Kastor & Co Solingen Full Hollow 7/8th
Fitchard Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

Continuing My Run with My Solingen SRs..I Had a Wonderful Shave Today with My Kastor Solingen 7/8th..This Swedish Steel German SR has a Beautiful Grind with a Killer Laser Like Edge..Wunderbar..;)

I am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D:D

Billy

Evening all,
Yet another lovely shave this afternoon, decided to be topical and base it around Colin firths news today of his dual nationality, being both very steriotipical English, but taking on his Italian wife's background also.
The soap was incredible as always, and was easily whipped up by the razorock.
A couple of small nicks but not worth worrying about.
Finished off with Superdrug as moisturiser and a squirt of Atkinson oud save the king.
Quick drive up to sidmouth to meet in-laws just arrived over from the states (with my goodies ordered from over there) :)
Gillette razor
Feather blade #2 and last
P+b spitfire soap
Executive shave pre shave oil
Razorock Italian barber synthetic brush
Superdrug as moisturiser
Atkinson's oud save the king.
IMAG1355_1.jpg

IMG_0175.JPG Sunday...

Soap - OSP Fougére
Brush - Semogue 1520
Face lather
Razor - RazoRock Black Hawk V2
Blade - Schick Proline P-20 #2
Post - BBA PSB
After shave - Proraso M&E

Nice relaxing shave tonight. I continue to be impressed by the Hawk and it pairs well with Feather Pros; but even better with the Prolines. They are sharp yet smooth right from the start. My skin feels great; helped in no small way by the OSP and balm.

Sotd - Sunday 24/9 -

Razor - Merkur Slant 37c
blade - Lodz Polsilver (2)
brush - Semogue 1305
soap - MT Lavender
post - witch hazel
a/s - Nivea Sensitive - alcohol-free
balm - Neil's Lavender test (b).

Result - a great shave -

It was one of those days in west central Scotland - the rain isn't going to stop - ever - and - no - it's not actually going to get properly daylight at any point, and you wonder that we are all depressed and have rickets? A nice shave was the answer. Keeping the gear simple for the balm test. It took me a long time to get to lavender scents but I really enjoy them now. There are various varietals of lavender plants - they smell very different. Personally - I like the more antiseptic end of the range. So - when I unscrewed the lid of the MT - the perfect antidote to a dark day. A wee bit of sunshine in a jar and an uplifting scent. Enjoy your shaves one and all - yours - I.

Vintage 7 o'clock New + RH Custom Stainless handle
Personna Lab Blue
Maseto 30mm Horn
Godrej Shaving Round
Benjamin's Bay Rum
Astral
James Bronnley Original EdT

Been a while since I used the 'seven' New and it didn't disappoint. It's yon handle: it helps the heads that attach deliver to their full potential. :D

Back
Top Bottom