SOTD: Saturday 23 March - Friday 29 March 2024.

SOTD: 26th March 2024.

23.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Vetiver & Black Pepper Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: omega 10066.
Bowl Lather:
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Sensitive Shaving Soap.
Blade: Treet Classic. (D1)
Razor: Parker 55SL Semi-Slant.
Razor: Razor: Gillette Guard. (Head) - (D1)

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Denim Original ASL./Wilko Men's ASB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head shave)

Early morning shave,

The Proraso Sensitive Soap provided me with slick protective lather for the shave leaving a equally good post shave feel.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Wilko Men's ASB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
SOTD 26-Mar
20240319_142923 (1).jpg
Brush: C&H 'Bone Lilly' V23
Soap: SSC Oro Valley
Razor: Atelier Durdan Vestige +++
Blade: GEM PTFE

Very good shave this morning, still getting on very well with the +++ plate, it does sacrifice a bit of smoothness for a small gain in efficiency, probably not enough to warrant it to be fair. I think the majority would be quite happy with the ++.

Still loving the oro valley, it's a decent TF Ombre Leather dupe. As it's been added to the standard lineup I'm hoping we'll see the splash this side of the pond soon. The balm is good, but I always prefer a splash of I can get it.

Hope everyone had a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

My historical knowledge of Soaps is unfortunately not as broad based and without the same depth as your own, but appreciate you words greatly.

Strangely I think of another of your recent purchases in the same shaving light, Captain Fawcett's. It may be different as to ingredients, but another great British soap sadly overlooked and under appreciated.

Odd how you mentioned Floris, as the nearest I could think of in a similar quality is their Elite. So much so I know one day another Floris will come my way. Probably when I visit the said store and I find out that their last stocks of Bayolea ran out the door years ago.
Funny you say that ... I have a refill tablet of Elite incoming (circa 2013) which is the very similar formula and just prior to when Floris ... err, messed it all up! JF owned Broadoak and so you'd think they at least could have maintained a workable soap but they seemed to shoot themselves in the foot for a few years (2013-2018 ish) and sold off Broadoak around 2016. I guess something went rotten in Broadoak.

Anyway ...

Yeah, Captain Claptrap is damn good stuff! I notice it follows the DR Harris formulation so no surprise that it has good pedigree. The scents are superb! The Scapicchio take on Bay Rum is a nice twist and their Luxurious could well be the new Old Spice! Lovely scents, not subtle, but certainly not scented candle strength. Perfectly pitched.

I think I've settled on British Triple-Milled as "my thing" and given how good the current crop are (Trumpers and C&S excepted ... figure it out, guys!) I'm not misty-eyed about vintage. I do have a good crop of vintage as well, some of which will be in the wings until needed. My post on the state of British Triple-Milled (see sig) was to try to figure out exactly which, what, why and when the good and bad happened so that folks can have some confidence when picking up vintage.

Tuesday 26th March
Stoll Jr. Lather Catcher 3D - GEM Stainless #2 - Yaqi Ever Helpful - Edwin Jagger Limes & Pomegranate - Superdrug Forest Fresh AS - Aloe Vera Gel
1000017919-01.jpg

Tuesday 26th March
RazoRock Silver Satin Hawk V2
Schick Proline B-30
Boots badger
Løthur CALM
Not sure about the razor, very light and easy to swish around the old fizzog but no real feedback like you can get with heavier razors. I guess if I used it every day I would get used to it but where’s the fun in that :ROFLMAO:

The B-30 is still good and 2 passes got dfs with no problems.
Have a fine day fellas!

IMG_8884.jpeg

1000005155-01.jpeg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Aleppo soap.
Brush Yaqi lucky dice synthetic.
Soap Geo F Trumpers Eucris.
Razor Leaf Thorn.
Blade Rapira.
Aftershave Jean paul gaultier Ultra Male edt.
A quick clean shave today before heading out.
I am trying out the Aleppo soap as a preshave after seeing a few S.O.T.D posts and it worked well with the Trumpers today but felt with the MWF it killed the lather a little.
The Leaf Thorn is lovely and and a step up from the Twig I have, meaning I have a Leaf for all situations ha ha.
The Rapira felt like it has lost its edge so this will be it's final shave.
A quick rub on the head with my newly acquired Argan oil that I brought to make my bald head super shiny and a spray or two of edt and I am good to go.
Have a great day everyone.

26/03/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap - P&B Trafalgar
Razor - Razorock Hawk V3 "A"
Blade - Feather Pro Blade
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Pashana Original
Wk 13 (4).jpg
A very smooth and efficient pairing with the Hawk and Pro-blade.
Enjoy your day all.

House of Mammoth ‘Hygge’
Envy Shave ‘8 Ball’
GEM Micromatic
GEM coated #6
SMN dopo cream

The soap is a Maggards sample, HoM is a new artisan to me, the croap is a barbershop that is very easy to lather and is slick and cushioning. The scent is sweet orange and bergamot top notes with a cedar, oak moss and frankincense base, strength above average. Excellent shave with no irritation or weepers, skin felt a touch tight after washing off the soap residue but a thin application of the balm sorted that out.

Today used the Rockwell 6 C (positively evaluated on this forum) for the first time, with plate 3 and 4, but I can't say it was a great success: certainly not smooth enough, despite the fact that I used it with one of my favorite soap-aftershave combos. Maybe it was because of one of the supplied blades, which are very mild. Or did I use the wrong plate? The fact is that now, after barely four hours, I feel like normally in the morning before I put the Vector to work. But I'll hold on: tomorrow plate 5 and another sharper blade... curious what the result will be.

SOTD: 26/03/2024

Razor: Rockwell 6C
Blade: Rockwell Razors Swedish Stainless Steel, 1st use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Wood & Spice Cream
Soap: Proraso Wood & Spice Cream
Balm: Proraso Wood & Spice Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water
Fragrance: Prorazo Wood & Spice EdC

Enjoy your day, folks!