SOTD: Saturday 23 December - Friday 29 December 2023.

SOTD Wed 27 Dec

Another didn’t really need it but wanted to try the Qshave again, shave
1A83DA68-DE68-4B0D-B87A-CBC9A8FB5964.jpeg
Prep - shower, Imperial Leather face wash
Bowl - glass
Cream - Palmolive Classic
Brush - DS Cosmetics T4 26mm synthetic
Razor - Qshave futur clone
Blade - Personna Platinum (4)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block, Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea ASB, Mastemind EDT

After watching a few videos about the Qshave, I took it apart and put it back together as per the video’s to see if it made a difference - oh, yes it did indeed!
A much nicer shave, still kept to 1 and 1.5 (tried 2 and didn’t like it) smoother and less alum sting after. Don’t think it will become a favourite, as my Merkur’s and Baili (and possibly Fatip after more use) are, but at least it’s usable!
2B83F834-1CAD-478C-AF9B-2D353034A23D.jpeg
I can smell chocolate and Turkish delight - can I have some?

Well you can’t have chocolate ‘cos it’s dangerous for dogs and I think Turkish delight has too much sugar for you, but I have some nice dog biscuits here!
Yeah, boring!

Last edited:

SOTD: 28th December 2023.

d.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather Bergamot & Sea Salt Energising Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Lider Turkish Boar.
Face Lather.
Lather: Derby Shave Stick.
Blade: Supermax Blue Diamond. (D2)
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic Premium TTO.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Gummy Traditional Turkish Lavender Cologne. /Arko Fresh ASB.

Greetings,

A pleasurable Turkish themed shave to finish my shaving week off in style.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Arko Fresh ASB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD: 28/12/2023

Razor: Merkur Futur (clone)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge, 2nd use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Martin De Candre Original Puck
Aftershave: Tabac Original Craftsman Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy your day!

This week I am mainly going to be obsessed with stacking things. Hence this shave was permitted to use the theme, 'Stacking things'

20231227_155111.jpg

Fork lift truck - Stainless Mongoose
Tuppaware boxes - Kai Titan mild
Children's blocks - Hive-2
Aluminium tins - Signature Londinnium
Jobs 'to do' list - Simple moisturiser
Jenga blocks - Floris Elite

'And you say the postal service haven't been stacking letters up? These are your Christmas cards from five years back'

A razor the size of a fork lift truck gets to work lifting hairs out of the way. I wouldn't describe the results as being 'stacked' but more 'liberally dispersed' in an Ad hoc manner in the sink. Later to be described as 'The effing water won't empty because the plug is stacked with bristles'. I thought there might be a connection somewhere.

A smashing all round shave and nice to have an SE which doesn't fall apart causing chaos and facial mayhem. In fact all it did manage was one super smashing suave smooth shave.

Top dog. In a stack of dogs of course the top dog being.......

Ah, sod it, have some Japanese ladies singing. In this case complete with a 6ft Australian trans wrestler.... it can only be...Lady Baby

Thursday 28th December
Canadian Schick E3 - Personna Stainless #9 - Highlander TSR LE 2023 - Signature Soaps Novus Spice - Old Spice AS - Aloe Vera Gel
1000017051-01.jpg

Thursday 28 December

I thought it was time for a different slant on shaving :ROFLMAO:
So today a really unusual angle on the slant razor. It’s German and looks art deco ish? A very light mild razor that encourages a more heavy applied pressure but this isn’t great when shaving around curves, so some nicks unfortunately.
Brush and soap performed beautifully, and bbs was achieved with only minor blood loss. No irritation though,so overall a very satisfying experience.

Have a great day fellas!

IMG_0444.jpeg

Thursday 28 December

I thought it was time for a different slant on shaving :ROFLMAO:
So today a really unusual angle on the slant razor. It’s German and looks art deco ish? A very light mild razor that encourages a more heavy applied pressure but this isn’t great when shaving around curves, so some nicks unfortunately.
Brush and soap performed beautifully, and bbs was achieved with only minor blood loss. No irritation though,so overall a very satisfying experience.

Have a great day fellas!

View attachment 115022
Great to see another Neo Lux user, @ekeko ! Wasn't expecting to see another on this forum so soon!
Yours looks to be the same as mine except your has a red section on the handle; looks like a proper barbershop colour scheme there and appropriate as this is a 'diagonal' razor!

I find it to be unusally mild (especially when riding the top cap!) but mild is good for me. I've yet to try more than one blade in it; will be interesting to see how a Feather performs in it.
I have dated mine to between 1950-1965 based on the inscriptions on the baseplate; yours may well be the same time period?

This week I am mainly going to be obsessed with stacking things. Hence this shave was permitted to use the theme, 'Stacking things'

View attachment 115018

Fork lift truck - Stainless Mongoose
Tuppaware boxes - Kai Titan mild
Children's blocks - Hive-2
Aluminium tins - Signature Londinnium
Jobs 'to do' list - Simple moisturiser
Jenga blocks - Floris Elite

'And you say the postal service haven't been stacking letters up? These are your Christmas cards from five years back'

A razor the size of a fork lift truck gets to work lifting hairs out of the way. I wouldn't describe the results as being 'stacked' but more 'liberally dispersed' in an Ad hoc manner in the sink. Later to be described as 'The effing water won't empty because the plug is stacked with bristles'. I thought there might be a connection somewhere.

A smashing all round shave and nice to have an SE which doesn't fall apart causing chaos and facial mayhem. In fact all it did manage was one super smashing suave smooth shave.

Top dog. In a stack of dogs of course the top dog being.......

Ah, sod it, have some Japanese ladies singing. In this case complete with a 6ft Australian trans wrestler.... it can only be...Lady Baby

Here's one for your new year's eve karaoke party.
Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom