SOTD: Saturday 23 December - Friday 29 December 2023.

Saturday 23rd December

ABLVV85h4EIZE9HTHqureSqY1MXPM5Lc-QzB1Z-Q7C3fJvSeLud09Und3S_DqjVMrbKa6Jg7FCtViTjQLv-AQmwXgmeF5ZdVRPs5nxQ56EndxlO6xouLA4qVtFQ_4Kuigc3rEAToO2xPZqI4qRgKsTyVfnhtQg=w800

Derby Shaving Stick (Grated) & PAA Doppler Perihelion 26mm
Muhle Rocca Stainless & Wilkinson Sword (Brazil) Super Stainless (2)
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

SOTD Sat 23 Dec 2023

Twas the night before the night before!
B3CD2271-C0C5-426E-8A1C-68E4AF6991A8.jpeg
Refreshment - a glass of Christmas cheer (measure of Monkey Shoulder blended malt whisky with ginger ale) (s’nice…hic!)

Prep - shower, Imperial Leather face wash
Cream - Palmolive Classic in glass bowl with Yaqi 24mm synthetic brush
Razor - beloved Merkur 38C
Blade - Personna Platinum (quite impressed)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block, Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea ASB, Mastermind EDT

After a couple of busy, hectic days, it was nice to relax with a comfortable 2 pass and tidy, shave. Looking forward to trying my favourite razor with the new creams I ‘might’ be getting for Christmas!

Our front door - outside
1D66F7F9-41DF-497D-ABBB-A907FC0A035B.jpeg
Our front door - inside
74558334-B7C0-4F99-B785-A604E8612C09.jpeg
What are you up to?
I’m waiting for the bloke with a beard and a red suit, don’t worry he won’t get past me!
Ok

Until next time - as they say “God rest ye merry gentlemen”

SOTD: 24th December 2023.

b.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather Bergamot & Sea Salt Energising Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 48.
Face Lather.
Lather: Palmolive Classic Shave Stick.
Blade: Supermax Blue Diamond. (D2)
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic Premium TTO.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Paco Rabanne Pour Homme ASL./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

"Christmas Eve Shave"

One more day before the big fella with the white beard, delivers my christmas shaving goodies in my stocking.....'The Christmas period always brings the kid out in me with bittersweet memories, and to be truthfully honest I don't do Christmas anymore. I know for some people it's full of joy and plenty, especially for children, yet for some it's not so nice..

However, as they say in my neck of the woods 'I'll put a face on' for the festive season so I don't spoil it for the people who still enjoy it, and most importantly for those who still think Santa Claus is the real deal, which is something that should never be spoilt as for a child it's the most magical best feeling in the world. I remember it well...

A wonderful Christmas eve shave with some of my favourite old, and infrequently used wet shaving assortments.

Tomorrow I'll be venturing out to the family gathering to prepare the Christmas dinner, 'My multi tasking-skills come in useful at certain times' and take part in the festive activities, then later in the evening I'll be catching up on some relaxation and well earned rest.

Finishing the shave off a with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

24 December

PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
Mühle Classic L
Mühle R89
Feather Hi-Stainless
Clubman Pinaud VIBR

1AB89734-3D1D-4B77-B867-5965D243D167.jpeg
Well, that was unexpected! A new R89 to go with my travel brush and a fresh Feather, but, that was not a close shave nor a smooth shave. I don’t know whether it’s a duff blade or a duff head (I suspect the blade). I’ll test tomorrow by using the same blade in my EJ89, which I know can do a lot better than this.

Sunday 25th December
I have had a few attempts at getting an acceptable shave from a Rolls Razor but never quite made it as I have never managed to get a blade sharp enough. I tried various ways to get a sharp edge, both with the Rolls hone and using a separate set of honing blocks but never quite made it. I recently got a very rare original Rolls Razor set, I posted about this recently on TSR new acquisitions page. I have used it but not quite achieved a good edge yet. Still work in progress. However, using a later model RR and with a what appeared to be a new unused blade from a number I have in my collection I it a whirl today. As back up I had a Star lather catcher fitted with a GEM. So, I like vintage ok? :ROFLMAO:
Face duly lathered with TOBS Sandalwood I set to work. Bottom line, the RR performed admirably wtg and then I set to with the Star for atg and pick ups. Result was a perfectly acceptable finish with no nicks or cuts. Happy boy I am!
It’s been a steep learning curve getting really comfortable with my vintage razors especially RR but, staying patient and relaxed during the shave is the key and I feel that it has all been worth it. Long live the vintage wet shave experience!
I wish you all and your families a very Happy Christmas.
Enjoy the day!

IMG_0441.jpeg

Sun 24
Soap & Aftershave Barrister & Mann Vespers
Brush Boti 24mm Lemon Candy
Razor Joseph Elliott 13/16 Fine India Steel
Superb lather qualities from this soap...rich creamy slick and smelling wonderful together with the matching balm.
Enjoyed a silky smooth shave with this razor after a refresh on the 0.1um balsa followed by the HBA...
20231224_140546.jpg

SOTD 24-Dec
20231223_130301.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Eyespot'
Soap: A&E The Novelist
Razor: Atelier Durdan Vestige ++
Blade: GEM PTFE

Wonderful shave midmorning after an early start with prep for food, I have a slight suspicion I've gone a tad overboard. Ah well, the whole point was for leftovers tomorrow!

Smooth and smelling good with the excellent 1899.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom