SOTD: Saturday 22th -Friday 28st June 2019.

SOTD 20190624.

9RQfMWH.jpg

OUMO Brush / OUMO Brush Boss synth.
Stirling "Wintergreen" shaving soap (sample).
Vintage 7 O'Clock NEW / Stork "Taipan" handle.
HEMA blade (4).
Kremlon "IJs Eau de Cologne" EdC.

24 June

Fine Snake Bite
Razorock Snowman
EJ 3one6
Personna Super med prep
Fine Snake Bite asl
Chanel Bleu

F3176FFB-64BD-4ECE-8793-2695CBA39DAC.jpeg

A really comfortable, close two pass shave this morning with the EJ 3one6. This razor seems to work well with almost any blade, but the handle is a little thin and light for me, I think l might change it for a different one.

24/06/19
Pre shave Prep: Pears Original Transparent
Brush: Omega 63185 Pure Badger
Soap: GFCC Peppermint
Razor: ER HFT E-Bar (NOS)
Blade: Personna Gem PTFE S/S (8)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Bay Rum #1
Balm: Barts Peppermint Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: OSP Eucalyptus and Menthol

HFT E Bar GFCC Omega.jpg

Today I chose my NOS Ever Ready HFT E-Bar for its 1st ever shaving outing since day of manufacture. I also decided to use a new cream I acquired from Amazon, ordered Saturday and delivered Sunday afternoon. Brilliant service. I have been in correspondence with the team at GFCC and they have been very helpful and so far the customer service is top notch, nothing is too much trouble it seems. If you have any queries send Jenny an email
Jenny Wright <support@gentlemansfacecareclub.com>
I originally did not like peppermint as a scent, however, using the Barts Balm products it has started to grow on me, i actually really like the face feel the mint gives. Therefore, this new cream was ordered. 150ml for under £6, and British made.
I decided on a bowl lather using a small almond sized bit of cream, working it in with the soft Omega, using only the tips of this soft brush & water drops as it started to "rise", in no time at all i had a really thick slick lather, to be honest i could have kept going to reduce the thickness of it with a bit more water, however, i decided to use what i had. It went on the chin easily and gave a good covering, it also has staying power and did not change its consistency throughout the shave.
20190624_111526.jpg

The performance during the shave was very good and i had more than enough for my 3 pass shave. WTG,XTG & ATG with that lovely toast scraping soundtrack on the XTG/ATG passes, i love these vintage ladies. So BBS again and very comfortable, would i recommend the cream? Yes although YMMV.
A nice post shave routine, very little from the Alum block, a Cold water splash enhancing the cooling effect of the cream, my homemade Bay Rum splash, Barts balm peppermint " face medic" and the OSP splash to finish off the Minty freeze.
I feel good, i smell good and another little success with another maiden razor.
Have a great afternoon All

24/06/19
Pre shave Prep: Pears Original Transparent
Brush: Omega 63185 Pure Badger
Soap: GFCC Peppermint
Razor: ER HFT E-Bar (NOS)
Blade: Personna Gem PTFE S/S (8)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Bay Rum #1
Balm: Barts Peppermint Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: OSP Eucalyptus and Menthol

View attachment 45068

Today I chose my NOS Ever Ready HFT E-Bar for its 1st ever shaving outing since day of manufacture. I also decided to use a new cream I acquired from Amazon, ordered Saturday and delivered Sunday afternoon. Brilliant service. I have been in correspondence with the team at GFCC and they have been very helpful and so far the customer service is top notch, nothing is too much trouble it seems. If you have any queries send Jenny an email
Jenny Wright email]>
I originally did not like peppermint as a scent, however, using the Barts Balm products it has started to grow on me, i actually really like the face feel the mint gives. Therefore, this new cream was ordered. 150ml for under £6, and British made.
I decided on a bowl lather using a small almond sized bit of cream, working it in with the soft Omega, using only the tips of this soft brush & water drops as it started to "rise", in no time at all i had a really thick slick lather, to be honest i could have kept going to reduce the thickness of it with a bit more water, however, i decided to use what i had. It went on the chin easily and gave a good covering, it also has staying power and did not change its consistency throughout the shave.
View attachment 45069

The performance during the shave was very good and i had more than enough for my 3 pass shave. WTG,XTG & ATG with that lovely toast scraping soundtrack on the XTG/ATG passes, i love these vintage ladies. So BBS again and very comfortable, would i recommend the cream? Yes although YMMV.
A nice post shave routine, very little from the Alum block, a Cold water splash enhancing the cooling effect of the cream, my homemade Bay Rum splash, Barts balm peppermint " face medic" and the OSP splash to finish off the Minty freeze.
I feel good, i smell good and another little success with another maiden razor.
Have a great afternoon All
Don't forget to claim your free Bergamot and Neroli GFCC cream from Jenny. The only ask from her is you write an honest review on Amazon of the products after using them.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Monday 24th June

Soap - Palmolive Stick
Brush - Omega 10075 (22mm knot, 48mm loft)
Razor - Sportsman Tech
Blade - Derby Premium (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Akcay Tobacco

Even though the 10075 can hold 3 passes of lather and the brush has a great scrubby feel, it's perfectly functional but I think I just prefer the face feel of a slightly larger 24mm knot/55mm loft. Good match of blade and razor today, very smooth but I noticed a slight resistence on the third pass. Liking the Akcay Tobacco more with each additional usage, nice talcum powder offset to the tobacco.

Anyway chaps, have a good Monday.

[IMG]

[IMG]
Two Pass Shaving Routine...
:cool:

Hot Water prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Puma 83 Solingen Full Hollow 5/8th (Freshly Honed )
Fitchard Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Shave Today with My Puma 83 Solingen Full Hollow 5/8th..A Smooth & Comfortable Shave..Lovely Looker & Shaver..I Am Having a Puma Shaving Week..
:D

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..
:angelic007:

Billy

The second time ever I've used a Rapira blade. I'm getting to like them, and I hope I do, as a challenge to the Gillette near monopoly on blade production. But I'll use them a few more times before ordering a few hundred.

@Bruce - if you are looking to buy some Rapiras in bulk - if you don't know about this guy already - I'd recommend going to a well known auction site and finding the seller 'unuta77' - he sells all the non-Gillette Russian blades from Moscow - either in 100's or 50's - I've ordered off him several times and never had an issue. Quick and reliable. If you order a 100 blade retail sleeve - they are so cheap - even including postage - they don't reach the customs limit - so no problems that way - for instance - 100 Rapira Plat Lux - £8.51 - 100 Voskhod - £8.43 - 100 Rapira Swedish Steel - £8.42 - all delivered. Plus when they turn up - the packages are covered in myriad interesting Cyrillic stamps - hope this helps - cheers - I.

Mon 24th june

RazoRock syn.22mm
Arran Aromatics Bay citrus\
Occams SE -V1
Feather Pro [ 6 ]
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Had a 5th Shave yesterday with the Occams and then out for a lot longer than intended so np time for SOTD write up.

Today realised a downside to this Razor, though all Shaves have been trouble free, the finish is consistently so close, that
my skin is beginning to feel the effects. Will have to ensure that I do not push for such good results tomorrow, but probably will find it hard.

IMG_0546.jpg

Back
Top Bottom