SOTD : Saturday 21th March to Friday 27th March 2021

View attachment 67008

Second use of the Mühle R41GS

No weepers or irritation today. Maybe my lather was slicker or I was more carefull. Anyway, a wonderful BBS shave.

Mühle Edition 3 STF
Mühle R41GS
A&E Peach & Cognac

Whising all you Gentlemen a nice evening
Great news! What blade did you use in your R41GS?

Paul.

Hi Jon

Seeing your Bronze Timeless in the March Aquisitions thread prompted me to use mine last night.
The .38 blade gap is decievingly efficient, isn't it?
I hope you enjoy using your shiny new razor !
Hi Paul,

yes it really is, I wasn’t sure it was cutting at first and thought i got angle wrong, turns out it’s just a smooth shaver. Only one use but happy with it so far.

Hi Paul
I used a Timor, which is very similar to your favourite Souplex :cool:

Mark
Cheers Mark.
Ok, I used a Lodz Polsilver on my first run and was considering using an Astra SP or maybe a Gillette Rubie, I'm thinking..... sharp blade for a mild razor and a milder blade for a more assertive razor! Time will tell if it makes much of a difference.

Paul.

Cheers Mark.
Ok, I used a Lodz Polsilver on my first run and was considering using an Astra SP or maybe a Gillette Rubie, I'm thinking..... sharp blade for a mild razor and a milder blade for a more assertive razor! Time will tell if it makes much of a difference.

Paul.
I'm actually considering trying a Feather next time. I have not used them for years, but recently used one in my Carbon Cx Ti + plate with an extremely good result. Maybe my technique is still - after 5 years of DE shaving - improving?

I'm actually considering trying a Feather next time. I have not used them for years, but recently used one in my Carbon Cx Ti + plate with an extremely good result. Maybe my technique is still - after 5 years of DE shaving - improving?
Well that's true Mark, just as you never stop learning you also never stop improving! :)

Paul.

Thursday AM 2021-03-25
National Lobster Newberg Day
1b46fff.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Ivory Finest (24/58)
Ethos Grooming Succès shaving soap
Wolfman WR1-SB 0.74/WRH3
Gillette Super Stainless 'Spoiler' (7)
Ethos Grooming Succès aftershave

McEraLa.jpg

Good evening gents

Soap - Ingrams Egyptian
Brush - Yaqi Timberw
Razor - Progress (4) (2) (2)
Blade - Tatra Platinum #3
Post - Myrsol Emulsion

5643A90C-0DD7-40A8-972E-37B0E182FD97.jpeg
The Ingrams cream never fails. Such an easy cream to lather and the performance is excellent.
Topped off nicely with the Emulsion and I’m left with a bobby dazzler of a face feeler.

Stay safe gents and have a lovely evening.

Back
Top Bottom