SOTD : Saturday 21th April - Friday 27th April 2018.

SOTD - Sunday 22 April 2018

SOTD_20180422.jpg

• Safety Razor: Blackland - Blackbird SB
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Thäter - 28mm 4125/3 (Silvertip Badger)
  • Shaving Soap: Le Père Lucien - Rose de Pushkar
  • After-Shave: Truefitt & Hill - 1805 (Sample)

And for this particular evening my themed shave was 'Timeless Spanish Scents'

uc

Timeless 0.68 OC
Polsilver Lodz
Alvarez Gomez Aqua de Colonia Concentrada Barberia Cream
Alvarez Gomez Aqua de Colonia Concentrada Barberia EDC
Muhle synthetic
Cheap purple rug by Dunhelm

I nearly managed a complete Spanish shave by using the Seygus, but after a week of being the razor of choice a change was in the air (in the cabinet really) so time to roll out the Timeless again. The working sharp end being the Polsilver Lodz because I am a boring git and can't see any further than these blades at the moment.

What a razor this Timeless is. It has weight, balance and so so efficient. I am useless with words, so I am trusting fucking brilliant might be suffice..........and it truly is. At least for the under educated me.

The Spanish scents in a form of 'matching tie and underpants' appeal. An old fashion barber shop scent was the order of the evening to go with what my wife describes as an old fashion old bastard. Dismayed somewhat after finding she wasn't talking about my father-in-law.

More importantly I am very finely shaved (BBS? Uhh, Get away. Smoother than my granddaughters bottom) and carry a traditional old fashioned gentleman's scent about my person. My wife may not agree it makes me more attractive and the cats have avoided me, but I feel all the better for it and can only think 'sod the cats'

Last edited:
upload_2018-4-23_7-12-43.jpeg
Brush: Omega S10083
Soap: Meißner Tremonia Wild Woods
Razor: Vigshaving combination head (open comb side) on RazoRock bamboo SS handle
Blade: Treet Silver (carbon blade) (1)

It's an awful fuzzy picture this morning, but that seems quite appropriate, as it was an awful fuzzy shave too. On Friday these blades gave me a smooth face after two passes, but I had five o'clock shadow by 10:30am. This morning it took three passes and an inordinate amount of touching-up before I could achieve even a socially acceptable shave, and I don't expect it to last until lunchtime.

I don't understand how the same factory that produced the Treet Platinum that I liked very much can churn out something so awful. On the strength of the Platinum I bought a Treet variety pack, and now I'm a bit nervous of what's in store.

I hope your shaving week has started better than mine!

Sun 23rd April
Stirling Syn. 26mm
Stirling Baker Street
Schick N3
Schick S/S Japanese Twin [ 25 ]
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

As off out again officiating I decided on a no fuss Shave with the N3, and perhaps to see how the
blade was faring. I quite enjoyed the Shave which as to be expected with this Razor /Blade combo,
was quite quick and efficient with a good overall finish.At the end of the Shave there was some blade pull indicating that perhaps I should call time on the blade.

IMG_0066.jpg

Back
Top Bottom