SOTD: Saturday 21 - Friday 27 October 2023.

SOTD 26-Oct
20231025_163638-01.jpeg
Brush: MOAR Boar
Soap: DG Unconditional Surrender
Razor: Blackland Tradere SB
Blade: Wizamet

Nice shave this morning, smooth with the Tradere SB and wiz combination. The DG smells lovely, probably not the best idea to go at any DG Soap with a boar (especially this one) when you're a tub loader, think I took a weeks worth of life off it!

Ah well, smooth and smelling good. Hope everyone has a cracking day.

Cheers

Marc

Nice brush. What brand is it?
Thanks @Tati1950. The brush isn’t from a brand as far as I’m aware. It’s an early 1900s (Edwardian era ) silver three piece travel brush with a new 16mm synthetic knot that I fitted as the original badger was finished. I’m thinking these brushes were popular at the time by gentlemen (whose initials were often engraved on the tube handle) maybe military who travelled around quite a lot or just enjoyed having bespoke luxury shaving items. You can still find them sometimes on auction sites probably all needing a new knot.

SOTD: 26/10/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild 20, 6th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Martin De Candre Original Puck
Aftershave: Tabac Original Craftsman Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a nice day!

Thursday 26 October
I’m pushing the limit on a Titan pro touch mild, 6th use today and still it delivers. Maybe another couple of shaves in it we’ll see.
RazoRock Satin Silver Hawk today. A very light weight Aluminium razor and delivers a great shave. One main pass with and then pick ups including cheek atg. I’ve sort of settled on this as the most efficient way to shave for a bbs finish without any issues. Brush is a vintage travel with badger bristle. Starting to feel it’s age and was very floppy when wet ( Looks like Dr Johnson might have the same problem :ROFLMAO: ) but still ok to use. RazoRock Stallion soap is quite hard and was not easy to lather with the soft badger bristles and needed a lot of water but was good enough just about.

Enjoy the day fellas!

IMG_0352.jpeg

IMG_0260.jpg
My "Superpower Summit" razor. Start with a Soviet "Savier Profimed" replace the plastic baseplate with an American Gillette baseplate. Add a Chinese handle. That's the superpowers. And the summit? Well, the baseplate's date code is "K2"... Overall a nice, aggressive shave. Probably could be one pass, but did two. Not entirely convinced I got enough lather with the shave stick for two passes, though!

Reef Point ‘Peerless’
Shavemac TSR LE 2015 badger
Valet VC4 Guard Runner
Feather #1

Not used the tobacco scent tallow soap for awhile but produces an excellent lather, the feather was the last in the pack and upon checking my stash found only one pack remaining. Will have to reorder from Connaught but these are very expensive now, probably order 60 for £28 odd. Anyway the shave was good clearing away two days growth easily.

20231026_135013.jpg

Excuse the lack of posting in recent times, I've not been feeling particularly chipper. However I haven't stopped shaving, missed one day I think. So here's my shave of today, 4th use of the Treet in the Tech. Simple yet effective. The TSR LE cashmere is absolutely blissful with the Wickham Gothic Revival (which is now in the halo of doom phase, probably my favourite soap).
Pre was a good soak in the bath and liberally applied Droyt's Glycerine soap face wash, leaving just a trace on before the Wickham. Bio oil to finish and a drop of Gothic Revival splash.

Back
Top Bottom