SOTD: Saturday 20th January - Friday 26th January 2018.

Evening K - would cetaceans be eligible for membership of A.O.K.St.C? They sound entirely suitable but the practicalities of the inauguration ceremony might be problematic? Yours - I. A.O.K.St.C
Morning I,
I believe they may have been the founding fathers as they have been smooth since time immemorial and apparently their initiation is to tig/tag a Leviathan and subsequently lose it in under 60 knots.
We could all cut ourselves and share the blood with my pet Dragons.
We keep telling you Wayne, a good shave is when you don't cut yourself ;):p
Cheers lads,
Kevin A.O.K.St.C

SOTD: 25th January 2018.
+H8.jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/Cien ~ Pure Fragrance free Bath Soap Body Wash. & Vosene Shampoo.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Erasmic Pure bristle.

Bowl Lather.

Cream: Erasmic.

Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel .(2)

Razor: Parker 48R.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse./ Aloe Vera Gel.

Old Spice~ Whitewater A/S.

Greetings,

A very efficient 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report,the rapira sss is my favourite blade at the moment, it matched really well with my parker 48R.

Finishing the shave off with generous splash of Old Spice ~ Whitewater A/S..A wonderful sting kick to the face to start the day.;)

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.:)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

YizogF7.jpg

image.jpg ~SOTD~ Thursday 25th January 08

Prep ~ Shower, a Lush Snowcake Soap
Razor ~ Colonial Razors ~ General in Brass
Blade ~ Schick Proline
Soap ~ Cyril R.Salter ~Wild Rose
Scuttle ~ Giles Shaving Co
Brush ~ SOC Badger
Post ~ Thayers Rose Petal
Scent ~ Rose 31 from Le Labo (sample)

A lovely fragrant shave, the Wild Rose Shave cream was slick and protective and smelled wonderful.
The General and Proline left me smooth skinned and without nicks, cuts or irritation, just perfect! :)
I finnished off with a sample kindly given to me by @Benz3ne , Rose 31, it's very nice indeed but at £120 for 50ml I don't think I will be buying any soon but it's my birthday next month so who knows! :)

Have yourselves a wonderful day people.......:)

Last edited:
Wilde & Harte handle, Eltham model, SS, with MÜHLE R89 head.
Personna Crystal.
Frank Shaving Finest, 24*50
Valobra Fougere (this puck has no Fern at all, is more like a close cousin to MWF, both in second to none features and second to all of the rest soaps in its 'scent charm').
EdC Thierry Mugler (close to Creed Vetiver but far more cheap; well, not nailed, but on the track).

I love this British handle. R89 is a very good head for daily shave, unless you need a BBS; then you should look elsewhere.
Have a nice Thursday, gentlemen.
17a6858839cff3d9298e82af74696a1b.jpg

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What did you think of the brush James?

tenor.gif

DSC00079.jpg

Its both the largest and the softest brush I've ever used. I say large, its not that much larger than a Maseto 30mm but its a whole lot more luxurious, I cannot put into words how soft it is... Perhaps like rubbing cotton wool on your face would come close? Its intended more for bowl lathering creams so I broke all the rules face lathering MWF but it handled it with ease, 30 seconds loading and I had enough lather for 6 passes... As you know I bought it for a laugh to try out and sell on but I enjoyed far more than anticipated, its not the floppy mess it gets portrayed as on the forums.

View attachment 32819

DSC00079.jpg

Its both the largest and the softest brush I've ever used. I say large, its not that much larger than a Maseto 30mm but its a whole lot more luxurious, I cannot put into words how soft it is... Perhaps like rubbing cotton wool on your face would come close? Its intended more for bowl lathering creams so I broke all the rules face lathering MWF but it handled it with ease, 30 seconds loading and I had enough lather for 6 passes... As you know I bought it for a laugh to try out and sell on but I enjoyed far more than anticipated, its not the floppy mess it gets portrayed as on the forums.
You have to buy one or at least use one to understand that, it's so ingrained in forum folk law that the Kenk Bk 8 and 12 are useless floppy things but as you have found out for yourself it's simply not true is it! :) P.

View attachment 32819

DSC00079.jpg

Nice one, cheers.:)

Back
Top Bottom