SOTD: Saturday 20th January - Friday 26th January 2018.

Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: ‘The Rock' (Rockwell 6S – #3)
Blade: Astra S/P
Brush: 'Papa Chub' (Chubby 3 Manchurian)
Soap: Sir Hare: Drunken Sailor
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Wholly Kaw: Cuero Oscuro Aftershave Toner

Sir Hare, a fantastic soap that really does deserve more exposure.. needless to say, that was a superb shave..

SOTD 200118
View attachment 32689

Prep: BBA Shave Oil
Razor: Taylors Eye 6/8th
Brush: Stirling Boar
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary
Cologne: Acqua Di Parma Essenza (Sample)

What a wonderful 2 pass shave with a few touch ups from my newly acquired Taylors Eye SR courtesy of @shaunwistow .
The work he done to revive this beauty is remarkable.
A thank you must also go out to @JamieM for the incredible edge he put on this razor.
Now that is what I call "Shave Ready!"
It mowed down my whiskers with ease and glide. The blade shouts at you, it is so audible.

My face is as smooth as one of Billy's dolphins and I am only a sharks fin away from achieving the same around my neck area. :D

The brush and Soap combo worked in harmony to provide a glorious thick, slick and protective lather. Scent is sublime.

No feedback from the alum and an application of the superb BBA Balm.

Finally it is my first introduction to Acqui Di Parma due to the overwhelming generosity of Shaun who provided me with four different samples amongst other things and I must say I am totally enabled. I am starting to learn why fragrances such as these are that much more expensive than your run of the mill high street choices. Not that I am turning my nose up at them because I am not but the scent to me is much more complex and unfortunately for my pocket much more desirable.
There is not one of them I dislike and my sample of choice this evening was the "Essenza" as I believe it paired beautifully with the S.V. Soap.

Thank you very much Shaun and enjoy the remainder of your weekend gentleman. :)

Glad you enjoyed it mate, Huw Pritchard honed it after my restoration, any relation?

Prep:Saponificio Varesino Preshave Oil
Bowl: Fine
Brush: WDC-6 HMW
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cosmo
Razor: Timeless Bronze on Storck Spiral Bronze Handle
Blade: Gillette 7o‘clock yellow sharp edge
AS: Saponificio Varesino Cosmo
SOTD_20180120.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

SOTD: 21st January 2018.
Untitled.jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/Cien ~ Pure Fragrance free Bath Soap Body Wash. & Vosene Shampoo.

Pre:

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Erasmic Pure bristle.

Face Lather.

Soap : Erasmic soap bowl .

Blade: Gillette SharpEdge.(2)

Razor: Yingjili (chinese tech) .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse/Aloe Vera Gel.

Brut~alaska A/S .

Greetings,

A relaxing 3 pass + pick ups DFS shave, with no errors to report.

The Yingjili razor ,is a fairly efficient razor, compared to the aluminum gillette tech (uk), today it was very smooth & efficient paired up with the gillette sharpedge blade. ..A great sunday shave.

The erasmic soap bowl,as always provided me with a excellent slick protective lather for my shave, leaving a nice post shave feeling, it's got a very old school fragrance,which some people probably won't like, but for slickness protection,& post shave feel it's superb, at a very reasonable price, overall a soap which i will always have in my shaving soap rotation.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Brut~ Alaska A/S.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your Sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sunday 21st January

Birch Tar soap and RSC Facial Scrub
Vitos Preshave Cream
Cyril R Salter Wild Rose Shaving Cream
Yaqi 24mm 2 Band Fan Badger Brush
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
Revisor 6/8 Razor
Alum Block and Rinse
Organic Rose Water and Glycerine Moisturiser
Fikkerts Midnight Rose EDT

A Truly excellent Sunday Shave this morning. The Revisor has been unused for some time in the mistaken belief that I had damaged the edge. It transpired that the 'ding' was actually debris from one of my very early attempts at stropping.
The Wild Rose Cream was beautiful with a scent reminiscent of Turkish Delight and the Yaqi 2 Band was as good as any I have used. I love the style of handle.
3 passes for a perfect BBS shave:)

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

image.jpg ~SOTD~ Sunday 21st January 08

Prep ~ Shower, Lush Snowcake soap
Razor ~ Blackland - Sabre L2
Blade ~ Gem SS Coated
Soap ~ Le Pere Lucien - Rose de Pushkar
Brush ~ Omega Special, boar
Post ~ Thayers Rose Petal
Scent ~ Rose of Bulgaria EDP layered with Tabacco Rose perfume oil

A superb shave as always from the Sabre L2 and using one of my favourite rose scented soaps always makes for a special shave.
I layered the very nice but one dimensional Rose of Bulgaria with a tabacco Rose perfume oil from Mr Perfume to give an even more wonderful scent, the perfect end to a perfect Sunday shave :)

Wishing you all a relaxing Sunday.........:) P.

051_F166_F-_D84_E-4_CE5-_BCD4-2_AFB6_EBB6_AAE.jpg

Rocca
GSB
YaQi
Stirling

Two days shaving in a row, contrary to my usual, almost without issue less a couple of weepers which quickly stopped under their own steam. In all fairness, the razor had little work to do today when coupled with the silvertip fan and Frankincense and Myrrh scented soap. All things considered, a decent shave.

Back
Top Bottom