SOTD : Saturday 20 August - Friday 26 August 2022.

Saturday 20th August

Semogue 2020 Finest - Cyril R Salter Lavender (Tallow) - GEM Junior (WWII US Army)/GEM SS - Agua Lavanda Puig

This little razor is giving me shaves which are much more efficient than I remember. Caution is required!
3 passes for a really close result .

I hope the weather picks up. It was my wedding anniversary during the week so Mrs C and I are going out for Afternoon Tea later.
Congrats! How many years?

Sat 20 SOTD
Soap Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor AC Kamisori Shavette
Blade Feather Professional 8th Use
Aftershave HeV-CCC Balm
A nice aromatic cigarish scented soap with an acceptable lather. The balm ensures a lasting enjoyable aroma.
Easy, fast, and smooth shave with this razor and blade combination. 3passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20220820_104658.jpg

Saturday 20th August

Semogue 2020 Finest - Cyril R Salter Lavender (Tallow) - GEM Junior (WWII US Army)/GEM SS - Agua Lavanda Puig

This little razor is giving me shaves which are much more efficient than I remember. Caution is required!

I hope the weather picks up. It was my wedding anniversary during the week so Mrs C and I are going out for Afternoon Tea later.
Animated GIF

Both you and your good lady enjoy your day.

Saturday 20th August

Anniversary congratulations to you both

Saturday 20th August

Congratulations Brian!

SOTD 67.jpg

Soap – Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood Cream
Brush – Omega Evo 2.0
Razor – Goodfellas Styletto Red
Blade – Gillette Platinum ( blue)(2)
A/S & Balm – Proraso Red

The maiden run for some new acquisitions that landed yesterday.

Brush – a revelation to me this. For someone who couldn’t see past 24mm knots I’m absolutely converted. I noticed a difference in my lathering instantly with this 28mm and it felt fantastic on the face. Super soft with enough backbone for me and an out and out winner.

Razor – my first aluminium razor.
Surprisingly efficient but with a mild feel about it. Very comfortable and smooth and no drama.
I had a good 4 / 5 days growth and it nailed it with no hassle. 3 passes and pickups.
Extremely comfortable in the hand and the slotted style knurling provides a lovely feel and confident grip.

A/S & Balm – Proraso Red to compliment the C&E Sandalwood cream. The A/S is beautiful. IMO it comes into its own about 20 mins after applying. Longer lasting than the “Green” and just as refreshing when applied. Ditto the balm.

Nothing short of outstanding all round.

Have a great weekend everyone !

Saturday 20th August

Congratulations and enjoy you're afternoon !

20 August

Extro Bergamotto di Calabria
Simpson Chubby 2
Gillette Adjustable (5)
Gillette Silver Blue
Bart’s Balm Ben Vorlich

888B0655-FC6D-4BD1-AC88-12CCCC45BBDC.jpeg
A good shave this morning using cold water. A great lather using the Simpson, and an efficient two pass shave with the Fatboy. A fine start to the weekend.

View attachment 92216

Soap – Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood Cream
Brush – Omega Evo 2.0
Razor – Goodfellas Styletto Red
Blade – Gillette Platinum ( blue)(2)
A/S & Balm – Proraso Red

The maiden run for some new acquisitions that landed yesterday.

Brush – a revelation to me this. For someone who couldn’t see past 24mm knots I’m absolutely converted. I noticed a difference in my lathering instantly with this 28mm and it felt fantastic on the face. Super soft with enough backbone for me and an out and out winner.

Razor – my first aluminium razor.
Surprisingly efficient but with a mild feel about it. Very comfortable and smooth and no drama.
I had a good 4 / 5 days growth and it nailed it with no hassle. 3 passes and pickups.
Extremely comfortable in the hand and the slotted style knurling provides a lovely feel and confident grip.

A/S & Balm – Proraso Red to compliment the C&E Sandalwood cream. The A/S is beautiful. IMO it comes into its own about 20 mins after applying. Longer lasting than the “Green” and just as refreshing when applied. Ditto the balm.

Nothing short of outstanding all round.

Have a great weekend everyone !
The Evo 2 Brush handle looks very similar to that of a Simpson Trafalgar.

Just when I thought I didn't like aluminium razors . . .!

SOTD: 20/08/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s #3
Blade: Gillette Permasharp, 3rd use
Brush: Semogue 620 Excelsior Boar Brush
Bowl: Lickimat Wobble Green Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube 2.0 Soap
Soap: Stirling Margaritas In The Attic Croap
Aftershave: Fine Snake Bite Aftershave
Balm: Stirling Lemon Chill Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of ELO's Greatest Hits
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Not Too Bad At All

Enjoying the cold water shave & mad menthol vibe at the moment. Probably not a setup for a Yorkshire winter though. The redness on my neck has calmed down considerably from yesterdays Proraso Red adventure. To be honest I have so many high quality soaps that I'm currently unwilling to try the Proraso again in a hurry.

9CD01146-5F24-4845-948D-EECCCC67889C.jpeg

yxLUMkh.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2020 Matilda Rhodium 2-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Sir Irisch Moos
Razor: Blutt BR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Platinum Plus (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Sir Irisch Moos Aftershave Lotion

The Evo 2 Brush handle looks very similar to that of a Simpson Trafalgar.

Just when I thought I didn't like aluminium razors . . .!

Yes, quite similar. It looks kind of in between a Chubby and Trafalgar. On first impressions I really like it a lot.
I wasn't sure about the 28mm knot but its really opened my eyes. I've always ignored bigger knots thinking them to be stiffer and maybe less comfortable but this totally dispels that theory ............................................. and yet another fkn rabbit-hole opened up ! o_O

The razor feels mild but very efficient to me. I had a decent growth and it took care of it without any graft. YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom