SOTD: Saturday 20 April - Friday 26 April 2024.

SOTD: 21/04/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 2nd use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Baume.be Pre Shave Gel
Soap: Tabac Original Puck
Aftershave: Barber Station Devil’s Water Aftershave
Balm: Nishman 2in1 Cream And Cologne Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy your Sunday!

Zingari Man ‘Mousse Iluminee’
AP Shave Co 24mm Synbad
GEM Micromatic
GEM coated #1
Zingari Man Recovery Splash

As promised using the Micromatic this week, using the great Zingari Man soap and splash which are fougere scented ideal for Spring & Summer ( still perishing cold! ). Good shave only a couple of tiny weepers on my jawline but alls good. Was going to rotisserie a rib of beef on the Weber BBQ but will have to go into the oven as it is dark grey skies and threatening to rain, have chilled out day folks!

SOTD 20240421
Prep: Warm shower
Prep: Cella Gel pre barba
Bowl: Steve Woodhead Suribachi
Brush: Semogue Premium Boar
Soap: Nuavia rossa
Razor: Blackbird OC TI long Handle
Blade: Personna Lab blue
AS: Cella Lozione dopobarba

SOTD-20240421.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

21 April

Simpsons Luxury Shaving Cream
Simpson Chubby 2
Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Feather Hi-Stainless
Men’s Grooming Vetiver and Sandalwood balm
YSL Y

97BD0D82-28D7-459B-9485-01ABA2E4927F.jpeg
Normal service resumed. A rich and plentiful lather from the now quite old Simpsons cream, the Chubby performing perfectly. The Nodachi gave a satisfyingly close and comfortable two pass shave, and the Feather felt good for one more shave tomorrow. An excellent relaxing Sunday shave.

20240421_104116.jpg

My Artisinal April Shave today consisted of...
Prep Aleppo soap.
Brush Highlander synthetic.
Soap Master soap creations Frosted Spearmint.
Razor Thorn.
Blade Nacet.
Aftershave Jimmy Choo edt.

I love my new Thorn razor and is a great addition to my little Leaf family.
I have yet to find a razor that the Nacet blade does not perform well with, it delivered a lovely 2 pass BBS shave.
Enjoy the day everyone.

Sunday 21 April

Getting used to the Merkur “beast” and it really isn’t, it’s a fine razor but I can see why it was discontinued for their Futur which is certainly simpler in construction and cheaper to produce. There are very good cheap Futur clones around nowadays which can’t do the sales of the Merkur original much good. I doubt the Vision 2000 would have suffered this form of flattery.
Excellent shave, bbs in 2 passes and a tidy up.
Enjoy Sunday fellas!

IMG_8997.jpeg

21/04/24
Pre - Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar
Brush - AP400B Slim Brass 22mm Silvertip Synth
Soap - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Razor - 6/8 Koraat B-II Near wedge - Cocobolo
Edge - @Tony'schin
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Arran soap Co. Machrie
A/S - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Wk 17 (2).jpg
I was looking forward to trying the new edge i put on the Koraat the other week. I have to admit it did not feel as smooth on the WTG pass as the Kropp last week but it did seem to be a lot smoother on the ATG (throat) and XTG (cheeks), it may just need a few shaves under it.
A very enjoyable shave with an excellent finish.
Enjoy your day all.

Bddrq2V.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: D.R. Harris H3 Best Badger
Cream: Geo. F. Trumper Spanish Leather
Razor: Merkur Mergress XL (2.5)
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (4)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Vintage Cussons Imperial Leather Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Geo. F. Trumper Spanish Leather EdC

Sunday 21st April

AP1GczMAui1bHWI2DXyBla5h-dlg1uNdJJ92xxe2DxvFfZIOgT8dVNLcNOyvM25MPUlLXSOf2EMRpdcNf4BxaNZrS23rnDBGPAejcZTFx97IgrqlLylegcfmAeuEWOkCx8MI2-77kqvVs9a05nJgBlcWS9jXIQ=w800

Meissner Tremonia Bay & Rum Shaving Soap & Shave Factory Pure Bristle
Gillette Ranger Tech w/Weber Bulldog Handle & Elios Inox (3)
DR Harris Bay Rum Aftershave

I really enjoyed this Elios blade - now made by Lord, it felt like a Lord and if I was pressed for a comparison then I'd say the Lord Classic. Highly enjoyable!

I spend most of the day playing out again ...

I've been tasked with reducing my wood pile which is a mixed bag of all sorts of odd and ends, offcuts, full lengths, all sorts. So, I've set about a few little tasks around the garden.

Today, I fenced off this little patio area:

AP1GczOn7j3q_OqqXP5QDgupHuI9yIvr2OLZPNdCrrtY-UfESMqAkqR_jfUi1C6258Lyi89yQ0c6hDCFH-RnDZJBOy9uxexpTQ2CZmYQxt4-8Z5su8Ig80XguxnKohaKjhz3d8w893pbtxdD_uVaLMI76MczJw=w800

I ran out of Featheredge so had to bodge the last little bit - if it sticks out like a sore thumb later, I'll buy three new full length boards and finished the job off proper.

AP1GczPXnL7EZ5BhpRHEDxJxcxt8Nwt4Uh1m_skX222G2Nz57Nsik5Ua7MhqXbmnZGum_2A8_2e-8Osk1nizfx5M8tV8RM5sy2WsbXOWP9WvXSxDVLhwT1q3nnLRYSKy3O1bu-FfZkYz2tLutCCvv4WYBGrmGQ=w800

Bit more context?

AP1GczNbpBI8ZYxlspG8WIyfbL2wHz2ts11fYkiadHxaLHmEp9ryyC4LydJl6Tsf0_kbdr66A6e6CqA0BG-0GWZx7FXlORCeJvTMKagG3qIVsFfg5Lh7F5OXZ7mToCC8OPp_AJ4Ly1Jk44f-EBmsHKJBKPp2rA=w800

All that tunnelling is an outdoor run for my cats. Why not let them roam? Psychos and other mal-adjusted people. Shooting, running over, kicking, catnapping. No thanks. My cats, we're a family and I look after my family. This is the best compromise.

Anyway, enough of the distasteful underbelly of British people ...

I also built a ballustrade for our cabin which you can see in that last picture. I'll need to buy some wire to run through. It's a stop-gap, but will probably become permanent. I think I did a good job. Mrs approves. That's all the thumbs-up I need.

Have a great week everyone!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom