SOTD: Saturday 2 December - Friday 8 December 2023.

20231207_101748-01.jpeg
My Shave today consisted of...

Prep Proraso preshave balm

Brush Highlander synthetic.

Soap Zingari Man Mousse Illuminee Rogue.

Razor Schick injector.

Aftershave Zingari Man Mousse Illuminee Rogue splash and Rogue EDT.
Another brilliant shave with my little injector razor, I could have easily stopped after just one pass but did two purely because I wanted to spend more time enjoying the shave.
The Zingari smells amazing as always and I now start my day looking devilishly handsome.
Have a great day everyone.

Thur 7th December

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Alpha Classic G4 28mm
La Toja stick- grated
ATT SE1
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 4 )

Seems as though for the moment my skin problem has abated, and I am able to enjoy having a Shave once more. Have discovered that the ATT SE1 works very well with Kai blades, and is quite smooth and comfortable and delivers a decent close finish too.
IMG_0280.jpeg

07/12/23
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - OSP Spice Road
Razor - Mühle R89 Twist
Blade - Personna Lab Blue
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Proraso Red - Siege Canon decant
Wk 49 (6).jpg
One thing that has come to the fore is that these "mild" razors really do give a very efficient shave. I have really enjoyed using them this week.
Enjoy your day all.

DS Cosmetics V92 Parallel ; Gillette Nacet Stainless ; Løthur Grooming Calm ; Maseto Shaving 24mm Finest Badger ;
Pereira Shavery Unbreakable Bowl ; Rhode Island Soapworks After The Shaving Balm, Al Aneeq Rouge

231207-SOTD.jpg

Tugging for a living, tugging for life and tugging since I was about 12. And now I find myself tugging in the early hours. A hard few days.

A busy past few days and living it rough with a bunch of rough arsed blokes but still time to shave. And this shave arrives themed, 'Bag wash'

View attachment 114176

My beautiful launderette - 3ONE6
My beautiful baggy wife - Gillette Rubie
My beautiful washing machine - Hive-2
My beautiful soap - Signature Soaps Valentia
My not beautiful face - Botanics moisturiser

'And place Satan inside the machine. Pop on a NO.3 programme, and wash away his sinful shave reporting'

So, a crisp white shirt of a shave or a pair of dirty old underpants?

A bit of both to be honest. A very welcome refreshing shave to an otherwise dirty old man. As in an old man wearing three day old clothes and underpants which have been through all the 'turning inside out, wearing back-to-front etc and repeat'. Aromatic? All the way. But hell, well shaven.

The Gillette Rubie was a bit of a 'I didn't expect this' blade as it fell out of a tuck clearly stating, Polsilver super Iridium. But hey who cares as these Rubies certainly are a first class act and very well matched to the 3ONE6. This Edward Jagger creation has really caught my shaving heart. It my not be the B1, the Mongoose or the Lambda, but what it is is one superbly rewarding daily driver without fear factor. A natural step up for a newbie wanting a bit more from their 'L plate' starter.

So a £2.50 hot wash shave for a 10p man.

It can only be the Beaver to sing this shave out.

Edit. I have just found a brand new pair of clean socks in my bag! Oh happy day
@Satanfriendly
Next shave must be Captain Pugwash not bag wash

Thu 7
Soap & Aftershave Signature Soaps Hibernia
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor & Blade Yaqi AC + Feather ProGuard
Top-drawer lather from the soap! Super creamy and slick!
The razor & blade combo provided an effortlessly smooth and comfortable shave...
View attachment 114263
Thanks Richard. Wonderful ice cream lather, as always. Best Regards Brian

07/12/23
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - OSP Spice Road
Razor - Mühle R89 Twist
Blade - Personna Lab Blue
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Proraso Red - Siege Canon decant
View attachment 114272
One thing that has come to the fore is that these "mild" razors really do give a very efficient shave. I have really enjoyed using them this week.
Enjoy your day all.

I've come to the appreciation that mild shavers that give an efficient shave are actually well-engineered razors with close tolerances.

Nice setup! Given my recent re-acquaintance with the R89, I've got a Twist incoming ...

Last edited:
That was one busy week out on the river and heaven forbid, I had to forgive my daily shaving routine. In an act of self punishment I am presently wearing my past discarded razor blades in my Y-fronts. From satanfriendly to stainfriendly.

Those folk at SHITTS have allowed this shave to be so themed, 'Things I keep in my underpants'

20231206_201940.jpg

Wishful thinking - Stainless Mongoose
Razor blades * - Kai Titan mild
Memories past - Highlander LFC
No future ** - Signature Soaps Londinium
Moist things - Collegen
Smelly things - Goutal Eau De Monsieur

'Mmmmm. Tastes a tad salty a bit like......'

And at this point we shall leave the quipy giphy section. It will return at a time when the censors have ratified 'what is', and 'what isn't' deemed reasonable for the shaving community.

'And they banned you for showing a lady eating oysters? I've never heard of it being called that before. I thought it was Horatio'

The shave

A top drawers shave with a posing pouch finish. No strings attached and no holes in this performance. The stunning goose showed its best bits and shredded 3 days of unwanted fluff in a jiffy. I must introduce it to the contents of my shreddies one day and let it shred 63 years of unwanted fluff. It must be an old man thing.

By the end of some wonderful sink time I certainly couldn't say 'this shave was pants', as it wasn't. Crisp white Y-fronts all the way. Soft and smooth like Satan's bottom (There is a lie in there somewhere) and smelling fresher than my undergarments. Which is not too difficult.

I leave you with those four girlies who also have a theme connection (in a way) and who pass themselves off as the Beaver from Otoboke. Why it's Otoboke Beaver!...

Back
Top Bottom