SOTD Saturday 19th Sept to Friday 25th Sept 2015

BNxNTNx.jpg

La Saponeria Artigiana / Zenith 22mm Silvertip / Merkur 34C / Polsilver SI / Rasoio e Pennello Cologne

38qc0QGl.png

Shave & Scent of the day with:
Soap: Tim's Soap Greek Peach
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic
Razor: ATT Atlas R1
Blade: Feather (1st)
Post #1: Speick After Shave Balm
Post #2: Clinique M Lotion
Scent: Ambre & Santa by L'Occitane

Trying to finish my Speick balm off this week. Will certainly be repurchasing another tube when it goes!

Hot water face splash
LS long handled silver tip brush
TOBS Sandalwood soap
Gillette Rubie (1)
Gillette #66 Aristocrat
Old Spice AS
First time with the brush,only just came through the door,first silver tip too,first impressions?,NICE!.Bowl lathered like a monster!,and really soft on the face,but still lifted the stubble without a problem.So thanks to @Bechet for putting me on to this brush!.
Didn't do my usual prep,so didn't even try to go BBS,but strangely,the Aristocrat/Rubie combo gave me a superb DFS...

EJ DE3D, Shim, Lab Blue
Hand-carved Ash Boar
Arko Stick
M&S Woodspice
Homemade Post Shave Oil

It's been a while since I've used the EJ with a shim and today, I over did it. Great lather but I must have gone overboard with the razor or gotten my technique wrong on my neck as it is blotchy and sore. Back to the Merkur 34HD in a day or two. This one will be going on the BST soon, I think.

Feather SS Club...:)
DSC_0119_zpspzptmbms.jpg

21/09/15
Two Pass Shaving Routine...:cool:

Hot Water prep & massage with Coconut Oil
Feather SS Club
Feather Pro Blade x 4
Semogue Boar Brush
Lider Shaving Cream (added Argan oil)
Organic Aloe Vera Gel
LOGONA Man Aftershave Splash (From Germany)

Lovely two pass WTG & ATG shave today with the Feather Artist Club with a mixed DFS result and BBS on the cheeks...Shaved 3 days in a Trot....No hint of any irritation after my escapade with Palmolive cream... ;)

Good Karma...::D

Billy

The razor or the shim, Graeme?
What am I bid for a shim? I'll sell the razor as I have a spare EJ head and a lightly dented but functional DE89L handle. Must sell my minted, replated flat bottom English fat handle Tech as well. They should pay for a spare 34HD with change leftover for bicycle parts.

VirginiaSheng purtech
OSP #1 (Lanolin free)
Ever Ready 1912 Head w/ D01 S/S Handle
Gem S/S New blade
Rinse, Alum Rub, Cold Rinse Off
Boots Bay Rum
Real Shaving Co Balm
Lacoste EDT

IMG_20150921_151839999e.jpg
Had a cold for the last 3 days, so there was a fair amount stubble to remove.
James's soap was brilliant, face rubbed and lathered. Excellent performance throughout. 3 pass BBS with ease.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch rebranded Simpsons best
'Webly'/Gillette Super Stainless (NOS 1991)
Kramperts Acadian Spice SS
Kramperts Acadian Spice AS and more splashed on like cologne

The soap smells excellent and performs very well. Brian does a real nice take on bay rum....plenty of pop to the scent. The aftershave always gives me a slight reaction but not a big deal. Not my favorite when it comes to post shave feel but it shore do smell purty.

BBS results,

Martin

SOTD - Monday
Pre: Homemade preshave lotion
Soap: Lebelle "Woodlands"
Brush: Orchid Isles Curly Koa handle, Shavemac 23mm D01 Silvertip
Razor: Schick dial adjustable (M15)
Blade: (NOS) Schick Injector Twin (3)
Post: Thayer's witch hazel followed by Lebelle "Woodlands" ASL
This brush is getting better and better. Fabulous shave by this NOS twin-blade, may just become my favorite injector blade.
Farewell shave by the Lebelle duo, sold it to a coworker today. Nice 'fall' scent but it dries my skin despite the tallow.

IMG_1766.JPG

Hot Bath
Wickham's Spice Trade & Barbershop Boar
Star 1912 Contract & Gem Damaskeene (6)
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Old Spice Original Aftershave
Clubman Greaseless Hair Tonic

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & ATG

I am really getting into this blade now it has mellowed. One down, one up is a lovely routine, and there is a certain rhythm to the shave now. I usually use long strokes, but with this blade, it puts me more in mind of how I shaved with a double edge razor, in shorter strokes which built up its own beat.

I very much enjoyed digging out the Wickham's soap. Good lather, easily built as the bristles massaged my face. Lovely combination of soap and brush.

I say it ever time ...

Old Spice is one hell of a good aftershave! I was feeling so fruity, I even applied hair tonic.

Back
Top Bottom