SOTD : Saturday 19th June to Friday 25th June 2021.

The fathers day shave with the theme '36 years of misery'

IMG_20210619_223115.jpg

Happy razor - Stainless Colonial General
Happy blade - Feather Super Professional
Happy brush - Yaqi Dandelion
Happy soap - ADP Collezione
Happy socks - Father's day present together with the latest Band Maid album
Miserable bastard - Me

Mr Grumpy woke up for work at 0400 and decided to have a shave to start the day. 6 hours later he went back to bed due to bloody inconvenient and unsociable hours in the name of employment. Even Mr Happy would feel dejected.

Fortunately it was one marvellous happy shave and it is a time to be happy after all. A time to remember my own dad while being showered with gifts by a pretty damn fine son. And I do have a bag of Galaxy Minstrels to get through later. The world may look better than it did at 4am.

Have a great Father's day you dads among us and may everyone else have a wonderful day anyway.

And we all need a good reason to shave. So in my case I shall make it Band Maid this morning to bring a smile to the world.

And I love you all

On an end note it appears the elastic on my underpants has stopped being elastic anymore

The fathers day shave with the theme '36 years of misery'

View attachment 71985

Happy razor - Stainless Colonial General
Happy blade - Feather Super Professional
Happy brush - Yaqi Dandelion
Happy soap - ADP Collezione
Happy socks - Father's day present together with the latest Band Maid album
Miserable bastard - Me

Mr Grumpy woke up for work at 0400 and decided to have a shave to start the day. 6 hours later he went back to bed due to bloody inconvenient and unsociable hours in the name of employment. Even Mr Happy would feel dejected.

Fortunately it was one marvellous happy shave and it is a time to be happy after all. A time to remember my own dad while being showered with gifts by a pretty damn fine son. And I do have a bag of Galaxy Minstrels to get through later. The world may look better than it did at 4am.

Have a great Father's day you dads among us and may everyone else have a wonderful day anyway.

And we all need a good reason to shave. So in my case I shall make it Band Maid this morning to bring a smile to the world.

And I love you all

On an end note it appears the elastic on my underpants has stopped being elastic anymore
Very Nice Photo Chris.

Father’s Day

SMV Novella Tabacco Toscana
RazoRock BC Silvertip synth 24mm
Face lather
Merkur 37C
Gillette London Bridge (1)
Thayer’s Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Fine Fresh Vetiver after shave
Terre D’Hermes Eau Intense Vetivér

Bit of a rush today; so no imagery (meeting the junior Scotshaves for brunch). The 37C allowed for a quick whip round the chops. Job done. It does lack the assertiveness of Lo Storto and (especially) the RazoRock ‘German 37’; but for speed without impunity it does fine. I fear it may be eclipsed by the other ones and, as a result, may be offered on BST.

Anyway, have a great one, everybody.

Father’s Day shave, after a warm shower.

Soap …….. Floris No89
Brush. …… Beehive/maggards shd
Razor. …… Rockwell 6s (5)
Blade. …… GSB
Asb. …….. Floris No89
ASL. ……. Terre D'Hermes

An absolutely perfect steel to skin encounter, finished off with a little Hermes to the pulse points. Feeling good, smelling great …. Happy
Stay safe, keep smiling
C492E809-724F-4620-BA3D-749BA0A1CB55.jpeg

IMG_20210619_180105-small.jpeg

A LEA shave today, and I decided to use my Gillette Super Speed 1953 -Y3 as it’s been a long time since I used it. I’ve had some variation on the quality of the shaves from it, sometimes they’ve been a little rough, but not today. It was excellent. With the sharp Feather blade, it was smooth and efficient. No problems getting BBS.

The LEA cream in that HUGE tube smells like their balm and shave stick, more of an aqua cologne scent rather than their Classic which contains oak-moss, which is good but not as pleasant to my nose. Again, I’ve had some hits and misses with the cream, but this time I didn’t skimp on the size of my dollop and doubled the usual amount. That did the trick! In the end I just used the balm and didn’t reach for the splash.

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves!

Razor: Gillette Super Speed 1953 -Y3
Blade: Feather (2)
Soap: LEA Cream
Brush: PAA Peregrino
Pre-shave: PAA Cube
Post-shave: LEA Balm
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Cobalt

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Sunday 20th June 2021

Shave Score 9.5/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower \ Baxter’s Face Scrub
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
Soap: Goodfella’s Amber Fougere
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Atlantis
Razor: FaTip Lo Storto
Blade: GSB (1)
Post Shave ASL: Goodfella’s Amber Fougere
Post Shave Balm: Barts Balm - Ben Nevis (Amber & Moroccan Jasmin )
Post Shave Cologne: Penhaligons - Cairo

Another great shave with the Lo Storto, I absolutely adore the scent of the Goodfellas Amber Fougere :)

Have a great Sunday all!

Joe

4234666C-2F24-4B28-AFAA-E76D654354C3.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom