SotD: Saturday 19th April to Friday 25th April 2014

Prep: Shower
Pre: Warm moist cloth 1 min, almond oil
Brush: Omega 49
Cream: Proraso blue
Razor Muhle R89
Blade: Gillette silver blue
Shave: 1 wtg, 1 xtg (quick shave today, early meeting!)

Warm flannel
Monsavon
Vulfix Bodger
Minora long comb, Gillette Bleue Extra
Aqua Velva

Been using a warm flannel more of late. Definitely finding it helps to smooth things along and minimise any neck irritation to nil or near as dammit.

Friday

Afternoon, all.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Junjie TTO
Blade: Dorco ST-300 (7)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: MWF
Aftershave: Pashana Bay Rum
Cologne: Eau Sauvage knock-off

A good result. Having tried my most aggressive razor with a very mild blade, I'm going to pair my mildest razor with the most aggressive blade I've got for the next week of shaves.

Friday 04-25-14. MUSIC: Genesis - Trespass (1970).

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONMSJREZkt4[/video]

476908d1-dccb-472b-9ad2-3756c136c56e_zpsa24c2f93.jpg

Aleppo soap - Rodney Neep Extra Silvertip 26X50 - Feather all stainless - Iridium Super #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Pré de Provence - Alum block - Thayers Cucumber Toner - ASB Aubrey Men's Stock Northwood - ASL Aubrey Men's Stock Northwood.

sb49iIj.jpg

English Long Comb New on one of Daz's JEC SS Handles
Polsilver Stainless (3)
TOBS Imitation Badger
Wickham Soap Company Super Smooth Garden Mint
Superdrug Sierran Breeze AS

Lovely shave from a great combination. I want to get an EdT that smells like Fox's soap!

SOTD - Back to the 90's

» Vintage Gillette Flare Tip Rocket
» Astra Green
» Super Smooth - Club Cola
» Rapport EDT

Palm Lathered - 2 Passes and good times remembered!

x109_d6d_u2sja.jpg

Friday 25th:

EJ DE3D, Perma-Sharp
Vie Long White Horsehair 12705B
EJ Limes & Pomegranate SC
EJ Limes & Pomegranate ASB
James Bronnley Original EdT
Bounders Moustache Wax

Razor was fantastic - love the new handle. Brush was fairly good too but will benefit from a much longer handle as is my preference. Shaving cream was excellent with a nice scent, very good performance and good skin care. The balm was effective in doing its job but the scent was unlike that of the shaving cream and reminded me more of those sharp tasting, acid lemon drop sweets. Thoroughly enjoying this EdT!

Enjoy your friday night, chaps! :D

IMG_5965.JPG

Digging out some of my more interesting scents, I thought a lovely shave with C&S No.88 would set off perfectly and finish with a good splash of 4711, light rose complimenting throughout.

I was right ...

This was one of my best ever shaves and that came about, I am certain, because of my admiration for the razor. What a sensational shave!

Two passes did it - with and cross. That was all. I made a final with the grain pass just to polish, but it was not in the slightest bit necessary, just nice.

In use, the Le Grelot feels like an Ever Ready Streamline. It has the heft. It also has a smoothness more akin to the 'Little Lather Catcher', the 1914, with the aggression of the Micromatic Open Comb.

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso pre-shave - sensitive
Soap: NSS Warm Spice
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Brush: MÜHLE Kosmo silvertip synthetic
Razor: Weber + Bulldog
Blade: Personna 74 (6)
After: Old Spice AS, Bluebeard's Revenge ASB

Not my favourite NSS variety this Warm Spice, too subtle a scent for me but the lather is great.
Trying this blade in my Weber gives me the best feedback because I know the razor won't be to blame. Still going strong on its 6th outing. BBS result.

SOTD20140425_zps05d4bf40.jpg

Pre: Proraso green pre-shave cream
Soap: Stirling "Gin & Tonic"
Brush: M&F L7 Butterscotch 2-band
Razor: Merkur Futur (3)
Blade: SuperMax Super Platinum (1)

First time with the Futur. Set it on 3 and balked at the apparent blade gap, but was pleasantly surprised by how easy a shave it was. Razor is deceptively heavy.
Also first with this Stirling soap. Juniper berries with lemon/lime and a little bit of menthol. Lathered really well and the scent is very refreshing. Only enough menthol to give a slight cooling sensation without making the eyes water. Perfect.
_20140425_190411.JPG

Back
Top Bottom