Gillette 365 Stainless (4).
Hugo Boss ASB.

Sat 18th Nov.
RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
Faena Sandalwood
Schick N3
Schick Twin [ 10- japan ]
Pitralon Original A/S Lotion

Continuing with a run out on the N3.A bit of a rush this am, up in the night and actually got back to sleep for longer than usual- now in a rush to get Mrs M to a meeting. Am amazed at the smoothness and comfort of this Shave, and despite hurrying it along the finish quality is top notch. Now up to 10 on this blade and still going strong. Need a change of razor for variety.

IMG_0418.jpg

~ SOTD 18th November 2017 ~

Razor - Edwin Jagger Kelvin
Blade - Feather Hi Stainless (2)
Brush - RazoRock F-400 (Big Red)
Soap - Proraso Sandalwood & Shea Butter
Aftershave - Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol
151100594488085[1].jpg
iv been putting of trying the red proraso for some time because some of the other sandalwood scents iv tried make me feel sick well this one is ok its not out of this world but I can use it , also today was the first time iv used this brush man its a beast I love it super soft & holds a tone of lather I might finally be able to get through a soap with this hahaha ....... :D

have a nice weekend folks :)

edit - iv gave the proraso away I could smell it on my skin after the shave and I don't like it was worth a try ...

Last edited:
GhV9sUZO_o.jpg

Shavemac Americana D01 Silvertip
Merkur 34C HD
Treet Carbon (1)
Pannacrema Nuavia Verde
Thayers Rose, Rockface All Weather Moisturiser & Al Rehab Sultan

A great shave to start the weekend with, been looking forward to this one all week and it didn't disappoint. I am not a fan of Treet blades and the blade came up in rotation so I gave it a whirl and it wasn't half bad in truth, a small nick but that was my fault. A faultless shave otherwise and very enjoyable.

Saturday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold-Tar Soap, followed by Village Barbour Pre-Shave Oil.
Razor - Blackland Sabre-SE v1.0.
Blade - GEM PTFE (Day 2)
Soap - OSP Grapefruit and Menthol.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic Badger.
Post shave - OSP Grapefruit and Menthol splash, followed by Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer.

A stunning shave, had more time, this afternoon to have a slow relaxed shave. 2 Passes, WTG and XTG on the face, with WTG and ATG on the neck. Very close to a BBS finish, with no issues - skin looks clean and fresh and feels great.

The OSP soaps I have tried thus far have been limited to the Eucalyptus and Menthol and the Grapefruit and Menthol - both stunning, I will definitely be trying more, possibly the Bay Rum next.

The Blackland was a joy to use, smooth and efficient, felt good in my hand.

The Grapefruit splash was a great way to finish off the shave, excellent scent, possibly more suited to summer rather than winter. Its baltic outside today, decided to go for the Kieh'ls moisturizer to finish, for the extra protection.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

All the best,

Chris

Greetings All,

Saturday pm shave.

Two days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – Showered then face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: None
Soap: P&B Whitechapel (thanks @Agent Shave)
Razor: Rockwell 6C (3P)
Blade: Shark SS (1st)
Brush: Omega 641 Silvertip (face lather)

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, then Proraso aftershave Red and Nivea 2 Phase (maybe the other way around).

New soap today – P&B Whitechapel – where to start . . .

1. Scent – Awesome (my kind of scent)
2. Lather – Awesome
3. Residue slickness – Awesome
4. Overall – Awesome

Nuff Said (@phoenixandbeau)

One thing and just a warning (a good warning) this soap is VERY, VERY thirsty.

Cheers,

Brian

Right, ready for Final Score and the rugby - ENJOY YOUR WEEKENDS :D

MWF
Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo
Merkur 34C HD
Astra SP (3)
Lime witch hazel
Proraso Green ASL

My usual two days growth to tackle.
Easily smoothed out in two passes, helped along by Wool Fat lather.
The Astra blade on it's third outing still had a keen edge but I don't use blades beyond three uses. I've just swapped it for a Shark SS for the next shave.
The 34C is making me wonder if I need any other razor ?. . . . . Well of course I do. . . . Having only one razor would be like having only one soap, or only one brush. . .

Prep - Hot towel
Pre shave - Prep
Razor – ‘The Rock' ( 3 )
Blade – Personna Platinum
Brush - 'The Archduke' (Brad Sears Archduke 26/50 2-Band Manchurian)
Soap – Grooming Dept: Aether
Post - Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / L'Occitane Cade After Shave Balm

even though the Personna blade did the job, I don't think it'll be one of my 'goto' blades.. Aether whipped up lovely with 'The Archduke', and did its job wonderfully.. which makes me one happy shaver..

Back
Top Bottom