View attachment 31066 ~SOTD~ Thursday 23rd November

Prep ~ Face wash, olive oil soap
Razor ~ Muhle R41 rose gold handle
Blade ~ Gillette Platinium NOS
Soap ~ Le Savon des Volcans
Brush ~ Anbbas boar
Post ~ BBA PSB
Scent ~ Penhaligon's Vaara

A great shave had with the mighty R41 fitted with a nos Gellette Platinium blade, second use. Thanks K. The soap was fab, lathered like a rabid dog and offered plenty of protection.
BBA PSB to finnish.
A spray or two of Vaara and I was good to go! :)

Wishing you all a fab day.......:) P.
Never seen Pen's Vaara before, Paul - what's it like?

Friday...

Soap - P&B Baskerville
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Face lather
Razor - RazoRock Black Hawk V2
Blade - Proline P
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
After shave - Speick

Smooth as you like with the Hawk. I especially like the wider head. It makes for longer strokes, thus more coverage.

A great performance from the Baskerville as always.

image.jpg ~SOTD~ Friday 24th November

Prep ~ face wash, Birch tar soap
Razor ~ Colonial Razors ~ General in brass
Blade ~ Feather pro super
Soap ~ SV Manna Di Sicilia
Brush ~Kent BK12
Post ~ BBA PSB
Scent ~ Penhaligon's Opus 1870

A very close and comfortable shave with the general this morning, the wonderful SV soap applied with the cloud like BK12, perfect!
BBA PSB and Opus to finnish. :) P.

Have a wonderful Black Friday people........:)

Last edited:
Razor > Colonial General {ALU}
Blade > Schick Proline P
Brush > Omega 10108
Soap > La Toja
Post > Thayers Rose Petal
BBA , PSB (sample)
IMG_5317.JPG

A nice shave with the aluminium General and Proline blade,smooth as you like !!!.
This was the first time I gave the BBA post shave balm a whirl,it really is good stuff !!!.

Thanks to Chris (@Far Cry Toff ) for sending me a couple of the samples to try,Cheers mate !!;) ,order on its way.

View attachment 31104 ~SOTD~ Friday 24th November

Prep ~ face wash, Birch tar soap
Razor ~ Colonial Razors ~ General in brass
Blade ~ Feather pro super
Soap ~ SV Manna Di Sicilia
Brush ~Kent BK12
Post ~ BBA PSB
Scent ~ Penhaligon's Opus 1870

A very close and comfortable shave with the general this morning, the wonderful SV soap applied with the cloud like BK12, perfect!
BBA PSB and Opus to finnish. :) P.

Have a wonderful Black Friday people........:)
The Brush Looks Excellent What a Beast :eek: iv Been thinking About Getting a Bk8 :)

Friday 24th November
Yaqi Sagrada Familia
LEA Classic Soap
Gillette Slim Adjustable #7
Voskhod Teflon Coated #1
Alum Wash
Selin Lemon Cologne
Lacura Comfort Balm
twOFaFE.jpg

A run with my DE's starts with the slim adjustable. This also was chance to show how well the Yaqi brush works with another of my favourite soaps. As it whipped an easy slick lather.
Perfect!!!

Razor > Colonial General {ALU}
Blade > Schick Proline P
Brush > Omega 10108
Soap > La Toja
Post > Thayers Rose Petal
BBA , PSB (sample)
View attachment 31105

A nice shave with the aluminium General and Proline blade,smooth as you like !!!.
This was the first time I gave the BBA post shave balm a whirl,it really is good stuff !!!.

Thanks to Chris (@Far Cry Toff ) for sending me a couple of the samples to try,Cheers mate !!;) ,order on its way.
You're more than welcome Pat,...good stuff, innit,...just come down from shaving this minute, a bit of a moment with the alum after a couple of losses of concentration with my new straight, ( cheers, @Fergiebilly ).....booked the BBA Balm onto the job,...calmed it all down and stopped the weepers,.

You're more than welcome Pat,...good stuff, innit,...just come down from shaving this minute, a bit of a moment with the alum after a couple of losses of concentration with my new straight, ( cheers, @Fergiebilly ).....booked the BBA Balm onto the job,...calmed it all down and stopped the weepers,.

It certainly is Chris and watch out for that straight....ouch!.

Back
Top Bottom