SOTD : Saturday 18th June - Friday 24th June. 2022.

474E27DC-3FA6-4B26-85CA-FC6E63786EC0.jpeg

Razor: Dovo Bismarck - maiden voyage
Prep: 3 YouTube videos and a lot of reading
Brush: ΑΛΦΑ Outlaw SHD 2-BAND
Soap: Nuàvia Blu
Post: Witch hazel, Clubman Bump Repair, Zingari scentless tallow balm

Shave: My first ever shave with a straight, thanks to a recent exchange with @Garethtoogood. 40 strops, careful determination, and the first surprise is that it was bloodless. I took my time, but found that boldness went in my favour - the two times I nearly cut myself happened when I was being overly tentative.
I couldn't manage anything with the left hand, and I had to clean up round my lips with my Vector afterwards - there's a learning curve ahead for sure - but overall that was a satisfying shave!

The rabbit hole always gets you in the end...

Last edited:
Menthol Monday’

AZdbyBE.png

Monocero Husaria SB / Nacet
Jayaruh #408 24mm Maggard 2-band badger
Fine Accoutrements Snake Bite Shaving Soap & Aftershave

Mon 20 SOTD
Soap Proraso Green
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor RazoRock G37 Slant
Blade Shick Super Stainless 6th Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Proraso Green Splash
Wonderful soap! Lovely scent & cooling with the lather, just super and slick...beautiful!! It was whip-up easily by the very nice brush...
Today the razor paired with this blade finally achieved perfection. 3 silky smooth passes without any issues for a bbs finish. Awesome blade for sure, incredibly smooth & keen...loving it! The aftershaves were terrific...wish it could last longer!
20220620_114150.jpg

SOTD 20-June
20220614_124708.jpg
Brush: Captain 2
Soap: A&E Revolution
Razor: Gillette Slim (7)
Blade: GSB (3)

Much much better, smooth and efficient two pass for a very smooth irritation free finish. Between 5-7 for daily and higher for a missed day and I think that would be golden for me. I can see why they were popular and remain so.

Smooth, refreshed and smelling good for the day ahead, back in the lab for the day (been a while), need to make sure everything is prepped and nothing goes tits up.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Hot towel then Bart's pre test sample A, now finished.
Semogue 820 boar heavily loaded with Extro Arancia Italiana, it's been a while!
Ball End Tech with 7 O'clock sharp stainless green, #1

Yeah, not a bad start to the day. Good result, no blood, a nagging feeling it could have been smoother. Probably me, its the first time I've tried these blades, a while since I took the Tech out, and months since I used that soap. Love the smell of it, maybe I didn't hydrate it enough? I might do an identical one tomorrow and see if I feel better about it. But results wise very good.

Monday 20th June

Omega Hi-Brush - Kiss My Face Cream - FaTip Picolo Lo Storto/Wilkinson Sword - Aramis Havana EDT

The razor no longer has a matching cap and base plate. There was a massive water mark which just had to go and a gold wash is not very robust:(

Three passes for a perfect result:)

Monday

Excel selected TGS lemon mint, which is ok as it's a nice day out.
I think this is about outing number 10 for this razor and blade. Still delivered a cracking shave on setting 6.5, 6. A couple of pick ups under the chin and I'm good to go.
Campania has got a bit of citrus in it so it got splashed on.
Now to boring work!
Have a good day all

Attachments

• IMG_20220620_093014__01.jpg
    IMG_20220620_093014__01.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 6
20 June

Signature Soaps Hibernia
Simpson Chubby 2
Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Gillette Silver Blue
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

25056356-7CDA-48B1-ACE9-ED6B10CF1B0A.jpeg
Another very close and comfortable shave with the Tatara razor. I’m really liking this razor, it is working well for me with the GSB, I might be tempted to try a Feather next. Great lemony lather and post today, perfect for summer.

20/06/22
Mitchell's Monday
Pre - Shower
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor - Razorock Hawk V3 "A"
Blade - Feather Pro Blade
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Baxter's / Argan Oil home mixed Balm
A/S - Avon Shaving Brush Brut
Wk 25 (3).JPG
An easy, comfortable, BBS finish today :love:.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

IMG_1247.jpg

A hot day here, unlike the weekend, meant that a nice cooling shave was called for. So out came the Proraso green pre-shave with its menthol, and then the delicious A&E The Undersea. Once again the soap worked a treat with a Semogue and of course the Feather gear. Chillaxing!

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves!

Razor: Feather ASD2
Blade: Feather (1)
Soap: A&E The Undersea
Brush: Semogue 830
Pre-shave: Proraso Green
Post-shave: Trumpers Lime Cologne
Bowl: Face lather

Back
Top Bottom