Preshave: Rasozero Pre Shave
Razor: The Mighty Ikon Tech 104
Blade: Treet Platinum
Brush: Grizzly Bay with AP Shave w Bed Knot
Shaving Soap/Cream: TFS Almond
Splash: Skinbaracer
Aftershave Balm: Bart's Bergamot and Vanilla
EDT: X Bolt

For me 2 products that punch way over there price Tag the TFS Almond Soap and Treet Platinum Blades , both excellent.

20200720_084344 2.jpg

Mon 20th July
RazoRock 400. SE Plissoft noir
Faena Sandalwood
Rabbit V2
Schick-Chick [ 3 ]
GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

I used the Rabbit V2, which has slight alterations to the head and base, so that they are more aligned to make it easier to keep the head flat to the face. During the Shave there is a lot less blade feel and the Razor seems milder, which for me with a heavy beard extends overall Shave time. However, the overall quality of the finished Shave is Top notch.

IMG_0893.jpg

20/07/20
Cold Water Shave
Brush: Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger
Soap: Signature Soap Hibernian
Razor: Ever ready 1924 shovel head
Blade: GEM PTFE S/S (6)
Post shave: Cold water rinse, Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Vintage Ferd. Mülhens 4711 EDC
Wk30 3. Mon.JPG
A nice 2 pass shave with some touch up of the stubborn areas leaving me BBS again. i did forget on the first few strokes to make sure the razor gets a good shake as these 1924's hold onto the water in the head due to its design, nothing a shake cannot sort out.
This soap by @BrianH is very fresh, i normally go for a more musky citrus scent, however, the Hibernia is very light and uplifting, another great lather created easily in the bowl today and plenty of it.
The Lime scented Barts Balm and lotion carrying on the sweet citrus scent, finishing off with some Vintage 4711 which i find to be a nice Match, this vintage stuff seems to have more alcohol and i did get a bit of a sting on application, not a bad thing.
I seemed to pick up a few bumps and a little irritation on my left cheek yesterday, probably from the "Rolls" blade tugging a bit towards the end of the 2nd pass, nothing like that today as the shovel head is a very efficient razor, the splash and the balm calming everything down.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Mon 20 SOTD
Soap OSP BayRum
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Fatip OC Grande
Blade Derby Usta 3rd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Load directly from soap tub. Nice nice BayRum scent. Love the scent. Creamy and slick lather. Good brush for face lathering.
Shave with razor paired with blade was good. Sharpish, smooth and comfortable. 3+1 multiple passes. No issues with weepers nor irritation. Close shave. Icy water rinse was very good on a oven hot day followed by cooling Thayers and Hyaluronic and AV Ice Blue.
Rating 9.5/10
Last 2 shaves was somehow closer...
20200720_184640.jpg
20200720_184720.jpg

20/7/20

Razor - Gillette Ball End Tech
Blade - Treet Classic (4)
Soap - Tabac Stick
Brush - Yaqi Rainbow
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Cooling Kick
AS - Signature Soaps Danum Splash

Last night was one of those where I couldn't manage to fall asleep, I checked my time at past 3am before eventually falling asleep so this morning was one of those shaves when it was a bit of a struggle to persaude myself to have one but it was possibly more needed than most other shaves, as a bit of a cold water, a razor blade and some splash can go a long way.
I'd not used a 'big' brush for a while, well it's not the biggest out there but I see any brush with a knot larger than 25mm to be a large one. The Yaqi Rainbow's knot is around 26mm with a 53mm loft, and I went about loading around the same amount of Tabac I use for my other sized brushes and built the lather, I forgot how quickly it's possible with a larger synth than a smaller boar. Good lather and a good shave.

I'm not one to post a piece of music in SOTD post but I saw the musician Emitt Rhodes died yesterday, and his debut album is a lost pop rock masterpiece from 1970.

Here's the opening track

Have a good start to the week gents.

20/7/20

Prep- hot shower
Soap- Kaizen
Brush- Simpson t3
Razor- Merkur Futur
Blade- Nacet (1)
Post- Cold water/alum
Balm- Nivea a/s balm

First time using the Nacet and wasn't a fan in the Futur. Felt very rough. Managed to nick myself on the corner of my nose with the futur set to 6. Wasn't paying attention and it bit me. Kaizen continues to impress me. 3 passes, reasonable close shave but get better with other blades. Every day's a school day. :LOL:

zZAYCj3.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Paladin Lotus Select Badger
Soap: Czech & Speake No 88
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna P74 (3)
Scent:Chanel Pour Monsieur EdT

Man; was that a shave, or was that a shave! Brilliant!

20/07/20
Cold Water Shave
Brush: Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger
Soap: Signature Soap Hibernian
Razor: Ever ready 1924 shovel head
Blade: GEM PTFE S/S (6)
Post shave: Cold water rinse, Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Vintage Ferd. Mülhens 4711 EDC
View attachment 57313
A nice 2 pass shave with some touch up of the stubborn areas leaving me BBS again. i did forget on the first few strokes to make sure the razor gets a good shake as these 1924's hold onto the water in the head due to its design, nothing a shake cannot sort out.
This soap by @BrianH is very fresh, i normally go for a more musky citrus scent, however, the Hibernia is very light and uplifting, another great lather created easily in the bowl today and plenty of it.
The Lime scented Barts Balm and lotion carrying on the sweet citrus scent, finishing off with some Vintage 4711 which i find to be a nice Match, this vintage stuff seems to have more alcohol and i did get a bit of a sting on application, not a bad thing.
I seemed to pick up a few bumps and a little irritation on my left cheek yesterday, probably from the "Rolls" blade tugging a bit towards the end of the 2nd pass, nothing like that today as the shovel head is a very efficient razor, the splash and the balm calming everything down.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.
Glad you like the soap fragrance. A 1920's meets 2020 shave! I'm always amazed how so many vintage razors have survived being dumped in the tip. Regards Brian

Back
Top Bottom