SOTD : Saturday 18th August - Friday 24th August 2018.

Friday 17th.....and Onwards!

Heno de Pravia Glycerine Soap
Proraso Green Tea and Oat Preshave
Wickham 1912 Irish Fern Soap
Rod Neep Silvertip Brush
Parker Variant (3.5,3.5,4.5) Razor with a Polisilver SI Blade
Humphrey's Witch Hazel
Aloe Vera Gel
Worth pour Homme EDT

The shave for my big day....and it was perfect:)
Perhaps it says more about my taste in fragrances..... but of all the ones I have...Worth was my wife's favourite....so that is what she got.

The rest of the week I dabbled with my selection taken from
Feather Portable razor with Wilkinson/Gillette Blades
ES Claymore V2 with a Proline
Omega 11137 Boar Brush
New Forest 1901 2 Band Badger
Speick stick
NSS Citrus Zinger
Stirling Mountain Man
Henia de Pravia Cologne
Al Rehab Silver EDP
Grey Flannel EDT

Friday 24th August

Pears Glycerine Soap
Meissner Black Beer No1 Paste
Yaqi 24mm 2 Band Badger Brush
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
Ikon SBS (Aggressive setting) on a Damascus Steel Handle with a Feather Blade
Witch Hazel
Aloe Vera Gel
Myrsol Agua Balsamica AS
ISO E Super (Molecule 01) EDP

My first shave back home...and it was exceptional. 3 Passes and I was Billiard Ball smooth:)

Enjoy your weekend everyone. Thankfully I have a few more days off before I have to return to reality!

Wonderful narrative on your big day shave..with equally matching location..Stunningly beautiful comes to mind.:)...Worth Pour Homme is a great classic fragrance, your good lady has exceptionally good taste...Enjoy your post - honeymoon period mate..and i'm honoured your razor of choice for the big day was the parker Variant. Regards. B;)

Last edited:
Friday 17th.....and Onwards!

Heno de Pravia Glycerine Soap
Wickham 1912 Irish Fern Soap
Rod Neep Silvertip Brush
Parker Variant (3.5,3.5,4.5) Razor with a Polisilver SI Blade
Humphrey's Witch Hazel
Aloe Vera Gel
Worth pour Homme EDT

The shave for my big day....and it was perfect:)
Perhaps it says more about my taste in fragrances..... but of all the ones I have...Worth was my wife's favourite....so that is what she got.

The rest of the week I dabbled with my selection taken from
Feather Portable razor with Wilkinson/Gillette Blades
ES Claymore V2 with a Proline
Omega 11137 Boar Brush
New Forest 1901 2 Band Badger
Speick stick
NSS Citrus Zinger
Stirling Mountain Man
Henia de Pravia Cologne
Al Rehab Silver EDP
Grey Flannel EDT

Friday 24th August

Pears Glycerine Soap
Meissner Black Beer No1 Paste
Yaqi 24mm 2 Band Badger Brush
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
Ikon SBS (Aggressive setting) on a Damascus Steel Handle with a Feather Blade
Witch Hazel
Aloe Vera Gel
Myrsol Agua Balsamica AS
ISO E Super (Molecule 01) EDP

My first shave back home...and it was exceptional. 3 Passes and I was Billiard Ball smooth:)

Enjoy your weekend everyone. Thankfully I have a few more days off before I have to return to reality!
Congratulations to you both Brian. It's good to see you back.

Have a great weekend guys.
84a694605b1886ea9f65b27facdd8553.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fri 24th Aug
RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
Cyril Salter Solid soap
ATT SE- G -- revamped
Gem S/S [ 2 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Today I had a second Shave with the ATT SE-G which until yesterday lived in a drawer unloved,as despite having
a second generation head did not work for me.This seems to be the case for others as I see very few SOTD reports in which it figures. Fitted with a base plate skilfully altered by Paul @Blademonkey to work, I had a nice Shave yesterday, but did not push it to its limits. As no mishaps/Problems I decided a back to back Shave was on for today.

With a great lather todays Shave was very smooth and comfortable , and as I took care and did not rush I was rewarded with a" Face Strokingly " good all round Finish. Now the Razor works as it should- Thanks Paul, and the quality of finish is as good as I get with my Vintage ER SE razors, even the the Streamline. However, I have decided that the blade loading process is rather fiddly compared to the ease with which Vintage SE are loaded , and could well pose problems for users.. As Paul is going to alter my base plate I will continue to use it , so that is no longer a pretty paper weight.

IMG_0207.jpg

Last edited:
Friday 24th August PM

Prep: Warm rinse, Nivea Sensitive Face Wash then Proraso Pre Shave cream Eucalyptus and Menthol
Cream: TOBS Lavender (sample)
Brush: Executive Shaving Medium Jock synthetic
Razor: Schick Adjustable Injector
Blade: Schick Injector (1)
Post: Cold rinse, Thayers Witch Hazel with Cucumber, Brut aftershave then Barts Balms Lavender (sample).

What a difference a day makes! I watched another YouTube video which showed that the Schick razor needs a lot larger shaving angle, almost 90 degrees, so I gave this a bash.

I went with a lavender theme again and things just seemed to work! I also used another new blade but kept the initial 2 passes at setting 4.

The first 2 passes went well with a good amount of stubble being removed. As I started my final pass the blade had a good dig into my chin which I just caught in time, however it was good enough for me to call upon my styptic pencil for the first time. A quick dab and there was no longer a need for Moses to part any more red seas!

I dialled the razor right down to setting 1 and continued. Things were so much smoother and comfortable. Again I could hear the razor cleaning up the remaining stubble and leaving behind a nice smooth and soft feeling.

A rinse and wash with the remaining TOBS lavender lather had me smiling again. Another rinse and splash with a good amount of Brut aftershave (another recent trip down the rabbit hole) had me taking a sharp breath before applying some soothing and lovely smelling Barts balm lavender. This stuff is just sensational.

Well happy with tonight's shave!

Have a great weekend folks! [emoji482]

Friday 24th August

YaqI Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Palmolive Stick
Rockwell 6C R4
PolSilver S I (3)
Lynx Dark Temptation Aftershave

I had in mind to shave on Saturday morning instead of my usual evening shave but I couldn't wait to shave my working day away. I kept things simple and it paid off.
Being a bit of a soap snob, I usually shun the Palmolive Stick in favour of artisan/ more perfumed soaps.
Well, Palmolive proved itself to be as good if not better than any soap in my den.
The lather was outstanding, cushion and glide were spot on.
Perfect BBS finish with very little effort at all.
Finished with my favourite budget aftershave, Lynx Dark Temptation .

Back
Top Bottom